Thread: Sauteed Green Beans

B.G. Falcon Guest

Post Sauteed Green Beans

Was wondering if anyone has a recipe for sauteed green beans like you get in Chinese restaurants. We have a place here that makes "to die for" green beans but I'm sure they are loaded with fat and calories. Does anyone have a recipe that would be similar to those? I'm not sure if all they do is simply saute them in a pan and add some butter/soy sauce or if there is anything more specific that they do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks bunches!

Default Re: Sauteed Green Beans

Here's one. But I'm looking for one I got fromm WW Years ago. I might call my old leader.

Oriental Green Beans

Ingredients

1 lbs. trimmed green beans\1 tbsp. oriental sesame oil\3 tbsp. soy sauce\1 Tbsp. garlic cloves\1 tsp. granulated sugar

Cook green beans 4-5 minutes or until tender in a large pot of rapidly boiling water. Combine soy sauce, oil in small bowl while beans are cooking. Set aside. Drain beans. Set aside. Spray wok or 10" skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook 20-30 seconds, stirring constantly, until sofened. Add green beans. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring and turning constantly, until well coated. Add soy sauce mixture. Continue to stir and turn about 1-2 minutes, until most of the liquids are absorbed. 4 servings 1 point each
    Last edited by Auntkellwe; 03-22-2007 at 10:36 PM.

I sautee the green beans in olive oil with loads of garlic! Very delicious! Then top it off with a little spray butter....yum...

Replies

If you want to make this spicy like in Chinese restaurants, you need some of their dried peppers. You saute those in the oil for a few minutes, then add the green beans. The more peppers you use, the spicier the result.
    Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)
    2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130
    My pictures!
    "Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

5. Default Re: Sauteed Green Beans

My lazy version of this is to spray a pan with olive oil, saute a bit of garlic, and then add green beans (or any other veggie), and then saute with a teaspon of sesame-chili oil and some soy sauce. It's quick, delicious, and 1 point.
    Suzie

B.G. Falcon Guest

Smile Re: Sauteed Green Beans

Thanks everyone for your input! I will be trying these tonight!

ilovenick Guest

I tried this- LOVE them & my ds's did too!