Thread: low point ice cream

Replies

Default low point ice cream

im a sucker for ice cream...with chocolate of course....and need to hear some ideas for low point ice cream! doesnt have to be ice cream persey, but something chocolatey, cold, and creamy. i have been whipping up my own at home ice cream's lately with banana, peanut butter, choc syrup and other igredients but just wanted to hear what you gusy had to offer!
    i WILL do this.

2. Default Re: low point ice cream

slow churned low fat ice cream by edy's is my favorite...ESPECIALLY the new american idol "take the cake" flavor, it's amazing...and 2 points for 1 serving. sometimes it's worth it if i'm really wanting ice cream, but a 1/2 cup is so small for a serving of ice cream

Replies

Default Re: low point ice cream

Breyers makes a ton of no sugar added, 98% ff, light, or rf ice cream (not all of those things, but 4 different varieties). They have tons of flavors that range between 1 pt - 3 pts per 1/2 cup. It's great and the only low points ice cream that doesn't taste fake that I've found. Tonight I have no sugar added butter pecan = 2 pts for 1/2 a cup. Delish.
    Original SW: 149
    New SW (11/8/10): 138
    CW: 132
    GW: 125

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

You might be surprised at this but if you freeze some bananas you can make a great treat. Put sliced bananas in the freezer overnight. When frozen, blend in a blender until smooth with a bit of milk. Add a tbsp or two of chocolate syrup for a great treat! It's soooo good, and you get a fruit serving!

Comes out of the blender like soft serve ice cream
    Last edited by PinkGlttr; 02-27-2007 at 01:51 PM.
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4

i love the edys and breyers. my bf made this mousse last weekend and it was really good - a tub of ff or light cool whip, package of ff/sf pudding (he used chocolate) and 1 cup milk. mixed it up and stirred in a 100 calorie pack of oreos. then put it in the freezer for a few min and we ate it...soooo delish! i made a version this week at homse with butterscotch ff/sf pudding and shortbread cookies. points just depend on how much you choose to eat..b.ut you get a LOT of bang for your buck. you can also make it w/o the milk, but i like how it makes it a little creamier and i get to sneak in a little more milk this way.

6. Default Re: low point ice cream

The Breyer's double churned, no sugar added french vanilla is awesome and only 1 pt. per 1/2 cup. I love it with a bunch of sliced strawberries or chocolate syrup and some whipped cream. I also make milkshakes with it, strawberry or chocolate.

I couldn't find this ice cream at walmart and was searcing all of the no sugar added ice cream to find an alternative for one point with no luck. I finally found the great value brand and it is good, cheap and 1 point as well!
    -Christina

1st Goal: Size 18

What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.
    -Dr. Phil

Wal-Mart sells fat free rainbow sherbert. I know it's not ice cream, but it has a great creamy texture and nice flavor. 2 points per serving.
    Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

Also, Skinny Cow makes ice cream sandwiches! 2 points per sandwich...YUMMY!
    Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

I also like the Breyer's SF vanilla. It's great with a teaspoon of PB stirred in for an extra point...and you get lots of PB flavor.

Blue Bunny has some great sf/ff ice creams as well. My Super WalMart sells them...not sure where else you can get them!

Amy
    SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose
    DS: 1 year
    DD: 2 years

10. Default Re: low point ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGlttr
    You might be surprised at this but if you freeze some bananas you can make a great treat. Put sliced bananas in the freezer overnight. When frozen, blend in a blender until smooth with a bit of milk. Add a tbsp or two of chocolate syrup for a great treat! It's soooo good, and you get a fruit serving!

Comes out of the blender like soft serve ice cream
    What a fantastic idea. I'm going to give it a try. Thanx.

TryingWW Guest

I'm not sure what part of the country you are from but in the Mid-Atlantic states we have High's Dairy Stores (similar to Sheetz, Wa-Wa, 7-11, etc..). Their Dutch chocolate ice cream tastes sinful and I rank it equal to Godiva Belgian chocolate ice cream or Hagan Daaz. The High's version is 3 points. If you love chocolate and can find it, it is definitely worth the points.

If I'm out and need a snack, McDonald's cones aren't that bad in a pinch and they are 3 points, too.

I like Edy's Grand Light ice cream. Also Klondike slim-a-bears, and the ww cookies and cream ice cream treats.
    Christena
    SW: 193
    CW: 193
    GW: 130

I am a sucker for chocolate ice cream so when I get the urge I buy the Dreyer's 1/2 Fat chocolate ice cream. It's 2 pts for 1/2 cup. The trick is stopping after 1/2 cup!
    Elaine
    SW: 142 (10/31/06)
    CW: 130 (1/29/10)
    GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

If you put frozen pineapple in a blender with some Splenda and a lil bit of milk, it has a texture like ice cream. I'm sure you can do this with other frozen fruits too.
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish
    1/4/08: -10
    2/1/08: -8.5
    3/7/08: -0
    4/4/08: -4.5
    5/2/08: -4

WW has a ice cream bars called Giant Chocolate Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bars. I think they come in vanilla ice cream too. They are 2 points each. They are pretty big and I feel like I'm cheating when I eat them. They satisfy my sweet/chocolate/ice cream cravings.
    SW 245/CW 153/GW 150/

Thumbs up Re: low point ice cream

Weight Watchers also have 1 point fudge bar. It is also bigger than a regular fudge bar. It is really good.