Thread: Fiber One bars-1pt!

Replies

Default Fiber One bars-1pt!

Hey- just wanted to share a new treat I found for only ONE POINT! Im a huge fan for Fiber One cereal for a multitude of uses....you can eat a ton for a low amount of points. I recently came across Fiber One "cereal" bars. They come in oats and chocolate and oats and honey maybe?? I like the chocolate one so im not sure what the other flavor is. Anyway, ton of fiber which always is a plus on this diet. They are the perfect chewy, chocolatey treat for anytime!
    i WILL do this.

Default Re: Fiber One bars-1pt!

Remember there is a 4 gram fiber cap on calculating points. I think these are all at least 2 or 3 points with the cap.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

ehhh thats right....sometimes i guess i choose to ignore the cap when its convenient they are still delicious!
    i WILL do this.

I'm going to buy some of these tonight when I'm at the store! I will count them as 2 points, calories are calories after all (darnit!)
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4

choc are 2 points peanut butter are 3
    Tim My Husband, My Love....Best Dad You Were Taken From Us Way To Soon Forever In Our Hearts We Will Always Love You 2-18-69 TO 12-23-03
    http://www.freewebs.com/mcgrathville/index.htm

Okay, I tried the chocolate... they were okay but not my favorite granola bar

I kept thinking they were raisins by the taste too. I don't know why, but maybe it has something to do with my cold/stuffy nose! LOL
    PinkGlttr

Replies

aw im sorry you didnt enjy them....i thought they were so good for the point value and amoutn of fiber. thank you to those who clarified the 2 point vs 1 point thing.
    i WILL do this.

I bought some Kelloggs All Bran bars at the same time (honey oat) and they were REALLY good I thought. Like I said, maybe that was because my sinuses weren't as clogged. I have to give the Fiber One bars another shot
    PinkGlttr

I heard the raves about the Fiber One bars and I didn't find them to be anything special either. Not bad, but nothing spectacular.

Replies

Did you all try the peanut butter ones? I thought they were great for a breakfast on-the-go or snack for 3 points.
    Cindy
    Cindy

I thought that the chocolate was pretty good until I read the ingredients. I expected to see a grain but instead I see that the main ingredient is chicory root extract. I like to know what the main ingredient is of what I am eating and chicory root extract doesn't sound very appealing
    Melissa

Started WW on 9/19/06
    10% on 12/12/06
    20% in 6/19/07
    Wonderland 9/25/07

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa83
    I thought that the chocolate was pretty good until I read the ingredients. I expected to see a grain but instead I see that the main ingredient is chicory root extract. I like to know what the main ingredient is of what I am eating and chicory root extract doesn't sound very appealing
    My inquisitive nature led me to this...

http://www.redbagcollection.com/aboutchicory.html

I actually think it's pretty cool!
    PinkGlttr

Most of the reviews I read have many complaints about "tummy problems" when eating these bars. I wonder if it's the chickory that does it?

justme642 Guest

Hi,
    Thought I would put my 2 cents in. I love these bars. Especially the peanut butter. I have been eating them on the go cause they are very convient. I'm not a granola bar fan but these are good. The fiber could be the cause of the tummy prob. Jen

Yeah, 9 grams of fiber IS a lot! Protein bars often give "tummy" problems due to high levels of alcohol sugars. Maybe it's something similar.
    PinkGlttr

Replies

Very interesting about the chicory ingredient. thanks for the info. also, re: granola bars in general....although i love them, i never am fully satisfied by them especially for the amount of points they can be worth. eating something that small doesnt stop my mind from thinking about eating something more, even if i am no longer hungry.
    i WILL do this.

I haven't seen the Fiber One bars, but the All Bran are 2 points, and very tasty (for a bar). I like the brown sugar cinnamon ones.

CHicory is sommon in the South for a blend with coffee--very smooth.
    Em
    SW 189.5
    CW 173.2 Goal=155 (10% 159)
    Lifetime 12/06 at 155#
    "Never give up. . . and never surrender." Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart, Galaxy Quest

18. Default Re: Fiber One bars-1pt!

I happen to really enjoy them and have had no problems what so ever with tummy problems... they were chewy and yummy
    212/182/155/161/
    HW/SW/Goal/CW/
    Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

I hated these the first time I tried them, but I gave them another shot and now I really like them. I have only tried the choc.
    Christena
    SW: 193
    CW: 193
    GW: 130

I really like the oats and chocolate. Perhaps the tummy problems could also be caused by the high amount of fiber. I read the chicory piece and thought it very interesting. Hey - does that mean I can count an extra vegetable?!?!?
    Diane in Florida

SW - 208.8
    CW - 184.8
    "There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going!"

Replies

If I stop at 1 there is no tummy trouble. I ate two in one day and it made me "noisy". I think it is the maltodextrin for me. I eat plenty of fiber so I don't think that's the problem for me.

They are quite good and I think they are way more satisfying than any granola bar I've eaten.
    Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217
    CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Neuro RN Guest

I haven't had any tummy problems either, but I stop at one per day and get the remainder of my fiber elsewhere. I LOVE the chocolate and oats!

23. Default Re: Fiber One bars-1pt!

I read about these on here and tried one today for my snack....it was sooooo yummy! I will probably have to limit these since I think they could be a trigger for me. However, knowing that some people had tummy issues, that might be enough to keep me from eating the whole box!
    184.5/151/145
    My journey since 8.27.06