Thread: Alba Shakes-Questions please

mochalattekona Guest

Default Alba Shakes-Questions please

For those of you that have tried the Alba brand shake mixes, Do they come individually packed like the WW shake mixes do?

Also, do you add water to them to make them the 1 pt? Do they taste Ok with water?

Personally, I get my milk servings by eating 3, 6oz yogurts a day and dont want to use any more points for having to add milk to the Alba shakes to make them taste good.

Thanks

Default Re: Alba Shakes-Questions please

Yes they are in individual packets and you add water to make them 1 point. You can make them with milk to make 2 milk servings for 3 points. They are ok with water but better with milk IMO. I use them in recipes more than I make them as smoothies. Here's an older post with Alba recipes. I'm sure you could find more with a search.

I mostly use the chocolate and chocolate fudge. The vanilla is better with frozen fruit. The strawberry is nasty IMO.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

mochalattekona Guest

Thanks Joanne,
    I am going tp pick some up at the store today and give them a whirl. I am sure that they are cheaper than the 8.00 for 7 ww packets of shake mix.

Even not on sale they are less than $4 for 8 packets. And I think they taste better.
    Joanne

mochalattekona Guest

I bought the double fudge royale and the creamy milk chocolate ones today to give them a try.

Tried the fudge one when I got home from the store with 1 c water & some crushed ice and put it my in smoothie maker. Blended right up nice & frothy.

Taste wise- I did not think it was bad at all. It is def worth the price of less than 4.00 for 8 packets and all for 1pt each. Personally, I am all for the less points in items the better as I only get 22 pts a day.

I will purchase the vanilla next time I go to the store. And I can see adding some SF davinci syrups to mix up the flavors a bit.

NaomiRP Guest

I think the vanilla tastes exactly like yellow cake batter! (not bad, if you want a big drink of batter) I haven't tried it with fruit, I could see that it might be better that way.

I love the double fudge, with milk or water - and always with ice to make it thick. I tried to make one at work once by just stirring it (I think it says you can do that on the box) and it was a sad state of affairs.

I think the Alba Shakes are ok taste wise, but I find them a lot less filling than the WW smoothies. The WW smoothies have 15g of protein, while the Alba I think have only like 4 or something. At my meetings, the shakes are "only" $7. The only store around here that carries Alba charges like $4.59...so for me, the price difference isn't as great. I think they are ok mixed with water, but not knock your socks off great tasting.

I do think the Alba vanilla tastes better than the WW vanilla. I almost always add in fruit or some type of flavoring no matter what smoothie mix I'm using. I tend to use the Alba more for a "snack" and the WW ones at breakfast because they tend to fill me up better.

I saw these once at a grocery store around here and Now for the life of me cannot remember which one it is and cannot find them..
    Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I can only find them at Kroger here and not every Kroger carries them. AND they move them on me every once in a while. Some times they are with the diabetic foods and sometimes with the breakfast cereal.
    Joanne

Replies

I can't wait to try ALBA again, I remember drinking them in high school and liking them..I buy the WW smoothie's and put frozen strawberries in the vanilla, I will definetly try one of these! Thank's for the reminder, Highschool day's are long past!! Now I hope I can find them
    Sandy

Only I can change my life..No one can do it for me.
    Carol Burnett

HW-CW-GW
    246-239-150

Replies

Just remember as far as ALBA goes just measure out your water, I went alittle overboard in the water dept and even though it came out really thick and creamy it had almost NO FLAVOR at all. I won't make that mistake again.

EmmaJean
    GETTING FAMILY SUPPORT

just wondering where can you purchase the alba shake, i'm in ks

hi - since i cant buy the WW shakes anymore, am looking for a way to make the same thing. looked a the ingredients, but....hoo-ey! where are can you find some of these things?? so....any suggestions for how i can make something similar? cant find alba either...

Replies
    Blog Entries

i havent' seen Alba shakes on the market for about 10 years, I make smoothies with unsweetened almond milk, and add frozen fruit, either one kind only or a mixture.