Thread: Healthy Pizza Idea Needed...

Default Healthy Pizza Idea Needed...

Aside from on a tortilla...

Could be frozen or homemade. Our family has pizza every friday and I'd like to join in. I don't really need cheese on mine (or not much anyhow) but just wondering what ideas are out there.

Thanks

Default Re: Healthy Pizza Idea Needed...

Buy Pillsbury-type pizza dough and put whatever toppings you like on. My favorites are BBQ sauce, chicken, and Borden light white mexican cheese.
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish
    1/4/08: -10
    2/1/08: -8.5
    3/7/08: -0
    4/4/08: -4.5
    5/2/08: -4

I use a light pita or flat out wrap as a pizza crust. If you can find the Alternative Pita or the light Flat Out Wraps they are only 1 point. Even a whole wheat pita is usually only 2 or 3 points depending on the size.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

You can also get a personal pan Boboli crust, but those are higher in pts.

RF turkey pepperoni and lots of veggies are yummy and filling.

Some fast-food pizzas aren't too bad points-wise if you get thin crust. The meat and cheese have quite a bit of fat though. dwlz.com has detailed nutritional info if you're interested.
    Last edited by cheetara; 01-12-2007 at 01:00 PM.
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish

Replies

If you have a bread machine or even not there are recipes for light pizza dough- you can probably even google some up. Also fat free cheeses are available grated in advance or not- you can put lots of veggies on and pizza sauce will not be any pts per piece. For some reason many restaurant bought pizzas have lots of oil and this way you avoid that and full fat cheese. You can still make a real pizza low fat and low pts. and if you do not want to make pizza dough- look at the ni for prepared dough or use low pts pitas, tortillas, bagels, breads as your base. Also using veggie pepperoni like Yves works as well (16 pieces are 1 pt)

Good Luck
    316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here
    currently- you don't want to know

I use a low fat English muffin half that has been sprayed with butter flavored Pam and toasted. Then you can add jarred pizza sauce and part-skim mozz. cheese, soy sausage, I use a lot of the J.C. Potter's light sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, onions... really! The list is endless. I buy my English muffins at Wal-Mart for 94 cents and they are 100 calores, 1 gram of fat, 5 grams of fiber. That's for *2* halves. They are called Nature's Grain lite muffins.

Hope this helped!
    Denise

i make my own dough using half white flour and half whole wheat!

3 cups of flour (1/2 - 1/2) or all white whatever you choose.
    1 cup warm water mixed with 1 pkg. yeast
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2-3 tsp salt

if you have a kitchen aid machine or something similar, add the water and oil to the salt and flour. The dough will be wet, slowly add more flour, up to 3/4 cup untill the dough is smooth. let rise min 3 hrs.

in italy we always eat pizza margarita!! crust, sauce and spices!!

YUMMY
    Alyson
    GW 75 kgs
    CW 81 kgs

Remember, there are more important things in life than food!I will find them!

Thanks! Great ideas. I love veggies on my pizza, especially broccoli. Weird but so YUMMY.

Replies

I also like to make pizza using an English muffin. I like the Aunt Millie's whole grain English muffins which are 1 point. I split one (or two) in half and top each half with about 1 T of jarred pizza sauce and a handful of low-fat, finely shredded cheese. I like the shred my cheese very finely because it seems like I'm getting more that way. Then, I sprinkle with some Italian seasonings and pop in the oven (about 400 degrees) for 5 min or so until the muffin is toasty and the cheese is melted. The other night I did exactly this and had four mini pizzas for just 4.5 points! It seemed like I was getting so much pizza for so few points. It would also be great with turkey pepperoni and/or chopped veggies on top.

Also, I used to always order take out pizza with no cheese and it really tasted great, especially with pineapple and some veggies (I just don't do that now as DH doesn't like pizza so we never really order take out from there).
    SW: 146.8 - 5'4" (8/21/06)
    CW: 134.2
    Total Loss: 12.6 lbs
    GW: 120

(I used to weigh 199, lost just over 50 lbs on WW and have been in the region of 145 for the last 4 years or so.)

Replies

There is a frozen to-die for pizza that I used to buy all the time but haven't in a while. I'm almost positive the name is Prima Privera (or something very close). It's very thin crust and the Margarita Pizza is 6 pts. for 1/3 of the whole pie. It is delicious. They also do Pepperoni, Supreme and other varieties and because the crust is so thin, the points are no where near as much as most frozen pizzas.

I'm not sure where you live and if you can get it. I'm on the east coast and I wrote the company to find out where to get it. I know you can get it at Costco, Price Chopper, Wegman's.

It's really worth a try.
    Bonnie
    Returning Lifetime Member
    The control center of my life is my attitude.

(-7) - Week 1

I love Pizza! I found a Lean Cusine Veggie Pizza for 6 points. At first I was not sure, but it is soooooooo good!!!
    Nick

SW: 303.8 (Jan 5, 2008)

CW: 246.5

LOST: 57.3----46.5 MORE TO GO

GW: 200 (103.8 LBS)

TO THE WORLD YOU MIGHT BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MIGHT JUST BE THE WORLD!

beth323 Guest

We have pizza night every other Saturday and the teenagers would die if we quit. Pizza Hut Veg thin crust pizza is 4-5pts for 1 slice lg pizza. Jets is 6pts 1 slice thin crust. Papa Johns has a thin crust too. The small pizza place nearby will specially roll out a very thin crust and 1/2 the cheese, when I call. Now that both dh and I have lost alot they have even complimented us when we go in how good we look!. I have ordered the families with Itialian sausge which I hate so I stay out of it. Heaven's Bistro is a good store bought 6-8 pts for 1/2 pizza (good size) of certian variations. Lean cuisine is what I have now. Any store bought I will add extra 0 pts veggies. Also deli ham like healthy choice which is 1 pt for 5-6 slices so I take 3 and mince them up for 1/2 pt more. I Always add a salad. it slows me down eating them together so I feel full on smaller quanity of pizza also.

That is the beauty of WW. Everything is do-able we just need to tweak it

Pizza Salad is awesome!
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish

vjnoone Guest

Trader Joes Makes an AWESOME Whole wheat Pizza crust. 2 points a serving.

Beth323, I also have a salad, a glass of lite beer and one slice of thin crust pizza from our local shop. That's 8-9pts well worth it. I also like a white pizza with broccoli and fresh tomatos! One pie will last for 8 meals for me if I freeze it! Those english muffins topped with cheese? I have them everyday for lunch with vege soup. Those are good but they aren't pizza! LOL!
    ~Nancy in SJ

HW 152
    CW 144
    GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

I use my bread machine to make a half white/half whole wheat crust with no oil. Toppings can include tomatoes, tomato paste, green peppers, onions, turkey pepperoni, chevre (goat cheese), low-fat mozzarella, spinach, mushrooms, artichokes... I play around with it and don't always make it the same way.
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

17. Default Re: Healthy Pizza Idea Needed...

We use cocktail bread for crust and you get 3 slices for 1 point. Each person generally eats 6 slices. Combine that with LF sauce, Red Fat cheese and turkey pepperoni - it's generally around 8 points or so. Delicious!
    Stacey
    Mommy to Hailey, Age 4

HW: 200
    SW: 176.0 9/08/08
    CW: 173.6 9/22/08

Halloween Challenge - Lose 8 pounds!

176.0 9/08/08
    172.6 9/15/08
    173.6 9/22/08
    171.0 9/29/08
    169.2 10/6/08
    168.8 10/13/08

OP again for the last time! I will do this!

Replies

Lightbulb Re: Healthy Pizza Idea Needed...

For DH and I, I take 3 ww pitas and split them, creating 6 pizza crusts (1 pt each). I mix minced garlic with some prepared pizza sauce and spread that on them, then pile on whatever veggie toppings I have handy. Sometimes I use Canadian bacon, too, since it's pretty low cal. Then I put @ 1/4 c part skim shredded mozza on each one. For the above ingredients (not including the meat0, they come out to 3 pts for each pizza. That's 9 points for 3 good sized pizzas, and they're delicious! Some people would probably be content with just 2, but pizza is my favorite food of all, so I don't want to settle for just a little bit.
    Darci
    224.2/175/165
    Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

19. Default Re: Healthy Pizza Idea Needed...

Papa Murphy's also has de-lite pizzas. The family and I will splurge on one every so often when we have the points. The points vary depending on which type you get, but we stick with the canadian bacon and cheese for 30 pts for the whole pizza, we get 2 and each have half for 15. Couple it with a salad or veggies for a good splurge meal!!

Replies

Yes- those De-Lite pizzas are good! We always go for the Veggie- only 24 pts for the whole thing, and I usually add a few more veggies to it before baking.
    Darci
    224.2/175/165
    Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07