• 2 medium carrot(s), chopped
    • 1 cup frozen green peas
    • 2 tsp olive oil
    • 1 medium onion(s), chopped
    • 3 Tbsp white all-purpose flour
    • 5 oz fat-free evaporated milk
    • 15 1/4 oz canned white corn, drained
    • 6 sheet phyllo dough
    <LI>Place chicken, water, wine and bouillon cubes in a medium pan. Bring to a boil, lower heat and cook gently, uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Set aside one cup of broth and chop chicken into chunks.

<LI>Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Coat a deep 8-inch (20cm) pie dish with cooking spray.

<LI>Microwave carrots and peas for 2 minutes. Drain. Heat oil in a medium nonstick pan, add onions and cook until soft. Stir in flour and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.

<LI>Remove pan from heat and stir in milk and reserved broth. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Add carrots, peas, chicken and corn.

Pour chicken into prepared dish. Layer sheets of phyllo over pie, trim edges and press down firmly to seal. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, lower temperature to 350ºF (180ºC) and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes more.
    Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Replies

Default Re: Chicken Pot Pie

I was just wondering if anyone has tried this recipe yet?
    Missy

SW 242.8 04/09/07
    CW 172.6 05/31/08

GW 150

I like this, but what can I use instead of white wine? And I have no clue what chicken buillion is or how to find it.
    206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

Technically a cube of chicken bouillon is concentrated chicken meat extract. It's very salty and you can find it in normal grocery stores. It is used if you don't have chicken broth. It bumps up the flavor of a soup broth. You can use chicken broth - straight, concentrated chicken broth - add water, chicken base (a kind of paste in a jar similar to cubes but wetter and needs to be refrigerated once opened - I like it better than cubes) - add water, and chicken cubes - add warm or hot water to dissolve.

There is also the kind that is in a type of powder..not in a cube. Try looking for Knorr...My favorite.
    Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha
    ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette
    sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute
    Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by goddessRu View Post
    I like this, but what can I use instead of white wine? And I have no clue what chicken buillion is or how to find it.
    I know this was asked a while ago, but someone at my WW meeting mentioned that she uses this College Inn White Wine broth.

My leader gives us quite a few recipes with wine, and some of us don't have it at home.

I see that this is available at Wal-Mart. She said the points are almost as low as regular broth, but I can't find the nutrition facts online.