Thread: Getting started

Winterbaby Guest

Default Getting started

Hello.
    I hope it's ok for me to post as I haven't started WW yet. A good friend and I decided before Xmas that we are going to put everything and everything into losing weight. I have about 150lbs to lose and know it's a long road. Choosing to start after the New Year was a better idea we thought because of all the holiday food. But for the first time in my life I am ready to do this. I have been reading here and taking down all the tips I can to get ready to do this. I've started with some mild exercise (yoga, weights and such) which really is a big step. I don't know if them changes have help as my eating is a tad crazy but I have had a few family members over the holiday make comments that I look like I lost a few pounds in the face.
    So any ways I wanted to say Hello and hope it's ok to post here as I get myself ready to start WW.

Default Re: Getting started

Congratulations on your decision to pursue better health! There's no time like the present! The best advice starting off I received was to purge my home of junk--throw it away, give it to the dog, give it to neighbors--whatever you have to do to make your home a safe haven of food. Then go to the grocery and stock up on all things produce--get the stuff you really love, splurge on the healthy stuff!

Then start lurking on these boards and you will find out about different product reviews, what is tasty what isn't, etc. Also, subscribe to at least one health-related magazine, I like the WW magazine personally. Cooking Light is good, and so is Prevention for more of a fitness-focus.

Good luck and Welcome to Bootcamp, recruit!
    Em
    SW 189.5
    CW 173.2 Goal=155 (10% 159)
    Lifetime 12/06 at 155#
    "Never give up. . . and never surrender." Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart, Galaxy Quest