Thread: Points Question

Mirinae Guest

Default Points Question

My daily Points target is 26, and for the most part I have no problem with it; I plan my meals and have very little trouble hitting that target. However, I tend to favour big breakfasts and big dinners, with small lunches and snacks in between, and so sometimes after I've had a big (Points-wise) dinner, I'm satisfied and don't feel like I need to eat anything else. But what if I still have Points left for the day? Do I have to use them up? I thought part of what I'm supposed to be learning in WW is how to know when I'm satisfied and when I'm really hungry, so it doesn't make sense to me that I should have to use up my remaining 4 Points at the end of the day just because I didn't eat them earlier. If I'm not hungry, I'm not hungry, right?

If this isn't an everyday thing for me -- like I said, my meals are pretty well planned and I'm almost always on-target -- is it okay if every now and again I don't use up my full 26 daily Points?

2. Default Re: Points Question

Sounds like you are on the right track but you do have to eat all your daily points even if your not hunrgy. Try not eating such a big dinner or big breakfast and snack more during the day. The more you eat throughout the day the better it will be for you in the long run. Try maybe eating a tiny bit more for lunch and make sure you have 1 snack in between each meal. You can also try having a 3pt snack instead of a 1 or 2 pt snack to help use up your daily points.

Good luck
    SW 198 -4/24/05 On my own
    CW 151 (-47lbs) gone forever!!!!
    GW 130- I can do it.. I can, I can, I can

Slow and steady wins the race

Default Re: Points Question

Are you getting in your Healthy 8? If you find you have points left but really aren't hungry try a little peanut butter or some nuts. That will finish off your points pretty easily.
    ~Jolene~

Default Re: Points Question

Your body needs a certain amount of nutrients/calories to keep it running efficiently. Occasionally going below your points won't be a huge issue, but if it's routine, it could turn into (paradoxically) a situation where your body feels like it's going into starvation mode and holds ONTO every calorie you eat, and you have a hard time losing any weight!

You got a great idea on how to use up some points fairly easily on foods that are both nutrient dense and point heavy. You don't need to use the points on junk food ... but can do it on healthy food. (i.e., handful of almonds on a salad ... peanut butter ... 2% milk/cheese/yogurt instead of skim ... a few extra slices of turkey on your sandwich/salad ... cottage cheese or olives on a salad ... that drizzle of olive oil over your veggies/salad instead of FF dressing.
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A