Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 CORE Recipes I couldn't live without!

1. Default Re: 5 CORE Recipes I couldn't live without!

bumpity bump bump bump
    Suzie

LostTeacher Guest

Default Re: 5 CORE Recipes I couldn't live without!

this is a great thread!

i wrote some out, and i read most of them. i am thinking about which to try first.

LT

designsbybriana Guest

Here are some of my favorite recipes (and I cook a lot!) (there may be more than 5 here!)

Greek Lentil Soup
    1 1/2 cups dried red lentils
    2 cups onion, diced
    1 TBSP garlic, minced
    1 TBSP fresh oregano, minced
    1 bay leaf
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    6 cups vegetable broth
    1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (or 2 cups fresh, seeded, diced & chopped)
    4 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and drained, and CHOPPED
    salt and pepper to taste

Soak lentils in 8 cups boiling water in large bowl. Cover and let stand 20 minutes, then drain and set aside.

Spray large pot with Pam and saute onion and garlic over medium-high heat until soft, approx. 4-5 minutes. Add oregano and bay leaf; cook 1 minute.

Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup lemon juice and reduce until nearly evaporated. Add broth and tomatoes, bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf.

Stir in lentils and simmer until lentils are soft but not mushy, about 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook 1 minute to wilt; season with salt and pepper.

Makes about 7 cups.

-----------------------------

Stuffed Cabbage Casserole (*****)
    NOTE: Grandma and I LOVED this recipe. I'll be making this again and it was soooo easy!).

1 pound of 96% ff ground sirloin
    1/2 cup instant brown rice
    1 can of tomato soup
    1/4 cup of water
    4 cups of cabbage or cole slaw mix (there are 4 cups in one bag of cole slaw mix)
    1 large onion chopped
    1 clove of garlic minced
    salt and pepper

preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Brown the sirlion. Drain. Mix everything else into the sirloin. Pour into an ungreased casserole dish and cover. Bake for 45-60 minutes.

Chicken and Broccoli with Penne

Chicken and Broccoli with Penne (I put in my modifications below. *****)

2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
    1 bag of broccoli (cut up broccoli florets that you microwave in bag)
    1/3 - 1/2 box whole wheat pasta (depending on how much pasta you want to eat)
    Minced garlic - add as much as you like.
    A little bit of chicken broth (about 1/4 cup or less)
    Olive oil

Cook pasta in a large pot as directed on box. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) and garlic in another skillet for about one minute. Add chicken and cook until browned then combine with cooked broccoli, cook for another couple of minutes. Add a little chicken broth to get the garlic off the bottom of the pan and to give it a nice flavor. I only added about 1/4 cup or less. Drain pasta and add a bit of olive oil (about 2 teaspoons). Add chicken and broccoli to pasta and stir.

I usually top with fat free mozzarella (or use veggie shreds) for a delicious Core dinner. I make this a LOT for lunch and scale down the portions.

Pumpkin Cookies

These ROCK. The original recipe says for 1 cup of sugar but you really only need 1/2 that so I made the modifications below:

Pumpkin Cookies (and they are almost core w/ the exception of the brown sugar splenda!! Of course they are only core if eaten in moderation!). (*****)
    1/4c splenda brown sugar and 1/4c reg splenda
    1 egg
    1c unsweetened applesauce
    1tsp vanilla
    2 c oat bran (I used 2 c. fast cooking oatmeal)
    1tsp baking soda
    1tsp baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    1tsp ground cinnoman
    1/4tsp nutmeg
    1c pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350, mix all together and spoon onto sprayed pan, bake 10-15min, cookies are not hard, they are moist, soft cookies. YUM!!! The original recipe spreads as they bake but this one does not but they are great!-----------------------------

Briana's Teriyaki Burgers (This was modified by myself. Joe gave it 5 stars) (*****)

INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4)
    1 pound ground beef (use extra-lean for less
    fat)
    2 tablespoons soy sauceŚlow sodium
    A little bit of salt and liberal grinding of pepper
    1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 cup quick cooking oats
    1 egg
    Worchestershire sauce

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Pre-heat oven or grill. Mix meat, soy sauce, salt, pepper, ginger, oats and egg. Shape ground beef into 4 nice-sized patties,
    each about 1/2 inch thick. Splash worchestershire sauce on each patty. Grill patties until desired doneness.

NUTRITION per serving: 220 Calories; 14g Total Fat; Trace Dietary Fiber;

-----------------------------This was the BOMB. I couldn't believe how good this was:

Core Stuffing
    1 cup barley, cooked
    1 coup couscous, cooked
    .5 cup mushrooms, sliced
    .5 cup onion, sliced
    .5 cup celery, sliced
    .25 cup carrots, finely minced
    1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
    .5 teaspoon rubbed sage
    salt & pepper

Cook the barley and couscous per package directions but using FF
    chicken broth instead of water. Set aside to cool. Spray a hot
    nonstick skillet lightly with nonstick spray and add mushrooms. When
    mushrooms begin to release water, add all remaining ingredients and
    saute just until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have
    started to brown. Pour this into the grain mixture and blend. Let cool
    enough to handle and stuff into the bird to bake or roast. -- I baked
    mine outside the bird and it was wonderful.

Instead of cooking this with the bird, we put this in the oven at 400
    for 30 minutes and it cooked down really nicely.

This in the best beef recipe. My husband requests this about every other week.

Mongolian Beef I

INGREDIENTS

• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
    • 1 tablespoon cornstarch (add pts very minimal spread over recipe!)
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
    • 3/4 cup water
    • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
    • 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch (add pts )
    • 1/2 teaspoon white sugar (use splenda)
    • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided (use olive oil)
    • 2 carrots, thinly sliced
    • 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
    DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, and minced garlic. Stir in beef strips. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
    2. In a separate small bowl, mix together water, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, sugar, and red pepper flakes; set aside.
    3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Cook and stir beef in hot oil for 1 minute; remove, and set aside. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in the same pan. Saute carrots and white part of green onions for 2 minutes. Stir in green parts of the green onion, and saute for 1 minute. Stir in sauce mixture and beef. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.

Replies

I make this all the time but I use bulgar for the brown rice. It's great and I can still have a potato at another meal if I want to

Stuffed Cabbage Casserole (*****)
    NOTE: Grandma and I LOVED this recipe. I'll be making this again and it was soooo easy!).

1 pound of 96% ff ground sirloin
    1/2 cup instant brown rice
    1 can of tomato soup
    1/4 cup of water
    4 cups of cabbage or cole slaw mix (there are 4 cups in one bag of cole slaw mix)
    1 large onion chopped
    1 clove of garlic minced
    salt and pepper

preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Brown the sirlion. Drain. Mix everything else into the sirloin. Pour into an ungreased casserole dish and cover. Bake for 45-60 minutes.
    **Sharyn**
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169
    CW: 161
    GW: 140

Replies

OMGoodness, can't forget:

Core Icecream: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=166787
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

By WWCarol:
    Baked Pennsylvania Dutch Oatmeal

Makes 6 servings

2 C. boiling water
    2 C. skim or low-fat milk
    2 C. regular rolled oats
    1/2 tsp. salt
    3/4 C. chopped pitted prunes, apricots, or raisins
    2 med. apples or pears, chopped fine
    2 tsp. ground cinammon (or to taste)
    3 TBS. brown sugar, maple or dark corn syrup or table molasses (or DV SF pancake syrup or any other syrup)

Serve with FF 1/2 and 1/2, vanilla soymilk, skim, or low-fat milk.

Combine the water, milk, oats and salt in an ovenproof casserole. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir in the fruit, cinnamon and sugar, cover and place in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes; remove cover for last 5 minutes of baking.

By Shrinky:

General Tsao's Chicken
    makes 4 servings, 6 points each

Ingredients:

3/4 cup canned chicken broth, reduced-sodium
    2 Tbsp cornstarch
    2 Tbsp sugar
    2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
    1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    2 tsp peanut oil (I use canola)
    2 medium scallion(s), chopped
    2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or 1 dried chili pepper, minced
    1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 2-inch pieces
    2 cup cooked white rice, kept hot (I use bulgar)

Directions:

In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.

Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.

Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.

Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and sauce and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.

Beef Peach Pie
    Submitted by: Diana Webb altered by Chell (aka queenie521)

"A meatloaf with a twist. The peaches add a sweet touch and go well with the ground beef." Original recipe yield: 8 servings.
    Prep Time:10 MinutesCook Time:50 MinutesReady In:1 Hour Servings:8 (
    change)

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 pound ground beef
    • 1 egg
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 1/4 cup chopped onion
    • 1 cup soft bread crumbs (I used 1 cup white cornmeal)
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 pinch pepper
    • 1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained (I used 2 cans and the unsweetened version - you could probably use fresh peaches as well)
    • 1 tablespoon vinegar (I doubled this for the sauce)
    • 1 tablespoon ketchup (I doubled this for the sauce)
    • 1/4 cup brown sugar ((I doubled this for the sauce and used a brown sugar supplement)
    DIRECTIONS:

1. <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000">Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000">In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, milk, onion, bread crumbs (cornmeal), salt and pepper. Press into a 9 inch pie pan like a crust. ***** meat all over using a fork. <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000">Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and pour off any excess fat. Arrange the sliced peaches over the beef. Mix together the vinegar, ketchup and brown sugar, and spoon over the top of the peaches.
    2. Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
    Originally posted by ????
    Polenta Primavera
    Fry a sliced tube of polenta in olive oil, place in a 9X13 pan. Saute onions/garlic/bell pepper/carrots/zucchini/mushrooms, layer on top. Dump a jar of spaghetti sauce (or the homemade Core equivalent) over the veggies. Sprinkle soy mozzarrella on top of that and bake 30 min @ 350.

Originally from a LF Mexican cookbook I have. I put this over beans or count points for the tortillas

Turkey Picadillo Tacos - 3 pts ea
    This complex picadillo of sweet, savory, and picante flavors is absolutely marvelous. In addition to these tacos, try it as a filling for chiles rellenos or for enchiladas with a tomato sauce.

29 oz can tomatoes
    1 med onion, finely chopped
    2 lg garlic cloves, minced or pressed
    1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
    1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground cloves
    1/4 c raisins
    4 tsp rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
    salt to taste, 1/2 to 1 tsp
    1 tart apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
    12 (half point) tortillas, heated
    1 cup salsa (Chipotle works well)

Transfer tomatoes and their juice to a blender. Puree until smooth.

Spray skillet with Pam. Add onion, and sautee until tender, about 5 min. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for about a min, until it just begins to color. Add the ground turkey. Stir and cook until lightly browned, about 5 to 8 min. Pour off any liquid from the pan.

Add the tomato puree, ground spices, raisins, vinegar, and salt and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 min, stirring often, then stir in the apple. Continue to simmer for to min or until the tomatoes have cooked down and the mixture is thick and somewhat homogenous. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Remove from the heat.

Place 2 heated tortillas on each plate, top with the turkey picadillo, fold over if you wish, and serve with the salsa (I don't think it needs the salsa, but YMMV).

Last edited by cheetara; 08-29-2007 at 01:16 AM.
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish
    1/4/08: -10
    2/1/08: -8.5
    3/7/08: -0
    4/4/08: -4.5
    5/2/08: -4

I made the mistake of making the cabbage casserole with gr. turkey. It's very bland and I'm going to doctor it up tomorrow. Lol, this is just a PSA.

I'll probably make this again next week but I'm definately using the ground sirloin!!!
    Last edited by Hoppy; 08-28-2007 at 07:36 PM.
    Hoppy

Lifetime - 02/22/08

I will not weigh more tomorrow morning than I did this morning! ~Colleen

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com - please click daily

Here's the real "Polenta Primavera" recipe by Penny. I like a lot more sauce than the recipe indicates, but YMMV.

Italian Summer Squash Polenta Bake

"Fresh summer vegetables paired with creamy polenta baked in an Italian sauce and topped with cheese -- delicioso! I recommend serving it with crusty garlic bread." Original recipe yield: 6 servings.
    Prep Time:20 MinutesCook Time:20 MinutesReady In:40 MinutesServings:6 (change)

INGREDIENTS:

• 3 carrots, sliced
    • 1 large zucchini, sliced
    • 1 large yellow squash, sliced
    • 1 red onion, chopped
    • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
    • 1 cup spaghetti sauce (use points or make own sauce)
    • 4 tablespoons olive oil
    • 1 pinch garlic salt
    • ground black pepper to taste
    • 1 1/2 cups FF shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 1/2 cup FF grated Parmesan cheese
    • 1 (18 ounce) package prepared polenta

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Saute carrots, zucchini, squash, onion and bell pepper in a large saucepan with a small amount of olive oil. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Saute vegetables for approximately 5 minutes and pour in spaghetti sauce. Stir, cover and simmer until vegetables are slightly tender.
    3. Slice polenta into 1/2 inch circles and season with garlic salt and pepper. Heat enough oil in a medium skillet so as to completely cover the entire bottom of the pan. Pan fry seasoned polenta in hot oil, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from oil and layer the slices in a large casserole dish. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the polenta and then sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
    4. Bake casserole for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish
    1/4/08: -10
    2/1/08: -8.5
    3/7/08: -0
    4/4/08: -4.5
    5/2/08: -4

Replies

Lightbulb Re: 5 CORE Recipes I couldn't live without!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy
    I made the mistake of making the cabbage casserole with gr. turkey. It's very bland and I'm going to doctor it up tomorrow. Lol, this is just a PSA.

I'll probably make this again next week but I'm definately using the ground sirloin!!!
    I use the ground turkey often. It's true; it can be more bland. I just use tabasco on top! Or Vietnamese hot sauce. Or cayenne pepper in the mix.

Also, you can "brown" your turkey with beef bouillon (I like Better Than Bouillon paste) which gives it more flavor/color to begin with~
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

I had the casserole for breakfast this morning and liked it much better. I cracked a ton of black pepper on it and it tasted like Runza filling. I do believe I'll add a bit more tomato soup to mix in and it will be just fine for me.
    Last edited by Hoppy; 08-29-2007 at 11:35 AM.
    Hoppy

Lifetime - 02/22/08

I will not weigh more tomorrow morning than I did this morning! ~Colleen

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com - please click daily

Replies

Smile Re: 5 CORE Recipes I couldn't live without!

I bet you're right, Hoppy. I bet that'd do it.

faimcadjin Guest

Oooohh, I'm getting hungry just reading these! Here are my favs...

Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom Crepes

6-8 cornmeal crepes (recipe below)
    1 c cooked, shredded chicken breast
    1 onion, diced
    1/2 bell pepper, diced
    1 jalapeno, diced
    2 tbsp chopped garlic
    1 cup sliced mushroom
    10 oz pkg frozen spinach
    1/2 c ff milk
    2 tsp cornstarch (0 points for recipe)
    2 slices jalapeno soy cheese (or use other core cheese)
    salt, pepper to taste

Remove spinach from package & set to boil in a pot of water. Boil for 5-6 minutes. Heat a large skillet with Pam or use core allotment of healthy oil. Saute onion, garlic, jalapeno & bell pepper for several minutes. Add mushroom & continue to brown. Combine 2 tsp cornstarch with cold ff milk & set aside. Once onions are clear, add drained spinach & chicken and heat through. Pour in milk mixture & add cheese torn into strips. Add salt & red pepper to taste, stir well & remove from heat.

Divide mixture & spoon into center of crepes & fold sides over. Can serve as is or sprinkle with additional cheese & put under broiler until cheese melts.

Cornmeal Crepes

1 c cornmeal
    2 tsp splenda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 c ff milk
    1/2 c water
    2 tsp ff sour cream
    2 eggs

Combine cornmeal, splenda & salt in a bowl. Beat together eggs & ff sour cream. Add to water & milk & then pour into cornmeal. Stir well. Heat an 8-in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with Pam. Pour 1/4 c of mixture into pan & gently tilt in all directions so batter thinly covers bottom & very slightly up the sides of the pan. Once the edges start to brown (about 1 minute), lift carefully to see if it's ready to flip. Turn crepe over and cook for roughly 30 seconds until done.

Repeat procedure with the remaining batter, stirring batter each time. Stack them between layers of wax paper or paper towel to prevent sticking. *I rinsed, wiped down & resprayed the pan with Pam between EACH one.

This makes between 11-13 crepes. They can also be made ahead of time & freeze or refrigerate for later use.

Crepes are great alone, or stuffed with just about anything.They also make great breakfast burritos!

Banana Cream Pie Shake (or ice cream)

1 c sliced frozen bananas
    1 1/2 tsp sf/ff vanilla pudding mix
    1 c skim or ff plain yogurt
    splenda to taste (if using skim vs yogurt, you probably won't need any)

Blend well. Can adjust amount of liquid to desired consistency.

Delicious topped with ff reddiwhip and/or a few crushed teddy grahams for minimal points.

Cauliflower Poppers

4 c cauliflower, cut into grape-sized pieces
    1/2 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp chili powder
    salt, pepper & garlic powder, to taste
    cooking spray

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place cauliflower in a bowl, spray with cooking spray (or use Core allotment of healthy oil) & add seasonings. Toss well to coat. Spread out on a flat baking pan lined with foil (easy cleanup) and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake until cauliflower is crisp-tender, for about 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.

Faim's Three Bean Chili w/ extra veggies

2 lbs lean ground beef (93% or better)
    large onion, chopped
    large bell pepper, chopped
    large jalapeno, chopped
    1/3 cup garlic, chopped
    large zucchini, peeled & chopped fine
    large yellow squash, peeled & chopped fine
    1 cup baby carrots, chopped fine
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can black beans
    1 can crushed tomatoes (regular or Italian)
    1 can tomato paste (small can)
    chili powder, to taste (I use Mexene)
    salt & red pepper, to taste

Season ground beef w/ salt & pepper. Brown over medium heat with either Pam spray or canola oil (adjust for Core allotment). After about 10 minutes, add all chopped veggies (onions through carrots) & continue to brown. Add very little water if needed, but continue to brown meat & veggies until onions are clear. Add the remainder of ingredients (don't drain beans) along with several cups of water. I never measure the chili powder - just add as much as you like. I like a strong chili taste. Cook over a low-medium heat for about an hour. Add water as needed, just get it to your desired consistency once it's cooked. I like it thick & hearty.

This chili is a fantastic way to sneak in a ton of extra veggies. It also freezes fabulously! I also like to add ff mozzarella, raw onion & picked jalapeno slices to my bowl when served.

designsbybriana Guest

SueC - you have made this before? Is it soupy to you? I made this and I had to add another 1/2 cup of barley and about 1/2 cup of long grain rice (and then it was like chili). Only 1/2 cup of barley for almost 4 cups of liquid was soupy to me and would like to know your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by SueC

Mexican Chicken and Barley Chili

1 cup chopped onion
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    3 cups water
    1/2 cup medium Barley
    1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
    1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
    1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
    1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    3 cups chicken, chopped, cooked

1 or 2 cans beans, optional

In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Add remaining ingredients, except chicken. Use the tomato juice and chop the tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cooked chicken; continue simmering 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is heated through and barley is tender. Add additional water or chicken broth if chili becomes too thick upon standing.

Makes nine 1-cup servings.

Replies

Arrow Re: 5 CORE Recipes I couldn't live without!

Quote Originally Posted by cheetara
    By WWCarol:
    Baked Pennsylvania Dutch Oatmeal

Makes 6 servings

2 C. boiling water
    2 C. skim or low-fat milk
    2 C. regular rolled oats
    1/2 tsp. salt
    3/4 C. chopped pitted prunes, apricots, or raisins
    2 med. apples or pears, chopped fine
    2 tsp. ground cinammon (or to taste)
    3 TBS. brown sugar, maple or dark corn syrup or table molasses (or DV SF pancake syrup or any other syrup)

Serve with FF 1/2 and 1/2, vanilla soymilk, skim, or low-fat milk.

Combine the water, milk, oats and salt in an ovenproof casserole. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir in the fruit, cinnamon and sugar, cover and place in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes; remove cover for last 5 minutes of baking.

By Shrinky:

[/color]
    This was a pre-Core recipe (on Flex). The sweetener would work out to about 1.5 tsp. per serving, unless you used a Core sweetener (like fructose ).

And, of course, dried fruit isn't Core. You could count the points, or try it without...

If you use the "search" function for this recipe you can see the nutritional information and points information on variations.

And I have posted several baked oatmeal recipes that are completely CORE.

15. Default Re: 5 CORE Recipes I couldn't live without!

Bumping for Melanie and any others who may be new to this board. (Welcome )This thread is so great!
    Tammy
    mom of 4 boys ages 9 months to 6 yrs!

SW 209.8
    CW 187.4
    GW 135

Replies

Thanks so much for this link. It has helped me so much!!!
    Courtney ~ in Japan

2009 is my year! Recommitting and taking it one day at a time.

Replies

Hubby and I just finished making a batch of the Polenta Crisps. YUM!
    Thanks for this recipe list!
    Life has its ballads and life has its uptunes. But as long as you sing on key, it will all turn out ok.

Replies

Bump! There are some really good looking recipes on here!
    SW: 189.5
    Lifetime Goal: 148 March 2006
    CW: 147 (7/19/2010)

19. Default Re: 5 CORE Recipes I couldn't live without!

Thanks to everyone who posted the recipes!!! So many great ones to try!!

Replies

Bump for all the new Corebies!
    Kate

I can do this...one pound at a time. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Replies

I'm a relatively new corbie (2 weeks). Here are the recipes my husband and I love and will eat again.

1. Core Pancakes from WW online

Core Oatmeal Pancakes

1/4 cup oatmeal
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. baking soda
    4 packets splenda
    1/2 cup ff plain yogurt
    1 egg white

Makes 2 big pancakes. Flip quickly because they cook fast.

2. Shrimp Fried Rice
    1 cup regular egg substitute
    2 tsp canola oil
    3 medium scallion(s), chopped
    1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
    4 oz frozen salad-size shrimp, thawed under cold water
    2 cup quick cooking brown rice, cooked
    4 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
    Instructions

Coat a wok or large skillet with cooking spray and heat until an added drop of water sizzles.

Scramble egg substitute in wok. Remove when cooked and set aside.

Add oil, scallions, peas and carrots and shrimp to the wok. Stir-fry for five minutes.

Add cooked rice, eggs and soy sauce. Stir-fry for about three minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per person.

Baked Apple and Pear Chips (ww online)

2sprays cooking spray
    2 medium pears, Bosc, halved, cored
    2 medium red apples, Gala, Red Delicious or Granny Smith, halved, cored
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 Tbsp SPLENDA

Preheat oven to 325F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.

slice pears and apples into 1/8 inch thick slices.

In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and SPLENDA. Place fruit slices in a single layer on baking sheets and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Bake, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until crisp and lightly browned, about 30-45 minutes.

Pork lo mein

Corn meal crusted cat fish

Replies

Bump to the top for Georgann and our other new Corebees.
    "Hunger is the best sauce"
    my Mom

Replies

I pulled this thread up for all the new people but also to get some old core ideas back in my brain. I have to tell you these are two more I have been making alot.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=160509 Bulgur and Tomatoes

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...ht=white+chili Ruby Tuesday's white chicken chili

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...ht=sloppy+joes Core Sloppy Joes, these are my teenage sons' favorite meal now. Great easy meal if you have kids. I buy the 1 pt hamburger rolls.

Sorry I have yet to figure out how to rename a thread when I copy and paste it.
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

Thank you!!!! for this thread!!! I copied and printed all the recipes that I wanted to try and have started a Core Cookbook at home.
    So far we've had Lentil Soup, Baked Oatmeal, Egg Nog Custard Cups, Great Core-n Bread (I gave the recipe to everyone at work), and Stuffed Cabbage Casserole (WOW!!!!). This was such a huge help as a new Core convert.

Laveta
    SW: 225.6
    CW: 175.8
    HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

25. Default Re: 5 CORE Recipes I couldn't live without!

Thank you for the cabbage casserole recipe! It is so easy and so good. I'm going to try a couple more...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast