Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cream of Wheat Pancakes - YUM!

Default Cream of Wheat Pancakes - YUM!

(This was posted by ThinLadySings in the Core forum, but it was buried in a thread. I tried them today, and they are sooo good, I wanted others to be able to find the recipe! Thanks, TLS, these are awesome!)

1 cup cream of wheat (I used the stuff that cooks in 2.5 minutes, though I don't know if this makes a difference)

1 egg

3/4 cup of skim milk

1.5 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 cup of splenda.

Mix and let sit for about 10 minutes. Spoon by 1/4 cup into med/med-high sprayed skillet. YUM!

These are the closest to 'real' pancakes I've had yet. Caution, they could be a trigger food if you really like pancakes.
    SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose
    DS: 1 year
    DD: 2 years

Replies

Default Re: Cream of Wheat Pancakes - YUM!

Hey, I don't know how I missed this thread! I'm so glad you like them! Enjoy!
    HW: 196 lbs.
    WWSW: 182.4 lbs.
    RecommitmentSW: 175.4 lbs. (4/30/09)
    CW: 176.8 lbs.
    10%: 164.4 lbs.
    WWGW: 158 lbs.

Personal Goal:

J.Crew Size 10: By the Bridal Shower (6.13.09)
    155lbs. by my the Wedding!! (8.1.09)

"Strength is the matter of a made-up mind".--Edmund Burke

I just love them!

I was also thinking of trying to use this to make muffins or a cake that would be a core knock-off of pound cake. I thought it would be good layered with berries and pudding. I'll have to try baking it in a muffin tin or an 8x8 pan (probably double if doing it in the pan). I'll let you know how it goes when I try it.

Amy
    SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose
    DS: 1 year
    DD: 2 years

hi
    i made these for breakfast this morning. the batter made 6 nice size pancakes. i had one with a little sugar free syrup. i was completely satisfied till lunch time. i hope they will heat up okay because i now have 5 more in the refridgerator. thank you for the recipe. they were the best pancakes i've had on core so far. i tried the ones with cottage cheese and the oatmeal ones too, but they just didn't do it for me.
    dardee

on core and loving it
    11/06/2006 159
    ww goal-145lb
    lbs lost so far 24
    i can do this!
    i will do this!

I tried these this morning for breakfast and was pleasantly surprised, they were really tasty. I didn't use SF syrup on them I just sprinkled a little cinnamon and splenda on top and sprayed some ICBINB on top as well. I'll definetly have them again.

Thanks for sharing.

Is it easy? No! ... It has to be a conscious decision.

Bob Harper

luv2luvthelord Guest

I tried these this weekend. My kids LOVED them. They are very filling and I have to agree, taste amazing. We do a lot of camping and I am going to mix up a bunch but leave out milk and egg. That will make it super simple to make. Just as easy as the store bought mix.

I had them with canned peaches and a little bit of SF syrup. These are YUMMY!!

Replies

Anybuddy reheated these? Does it work well.
    Original SW: 149
    New SW (11/8/10): 138
    CW: 132
    GW: 125

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

Replies

I made these into waffles this morning (wanted to try out my new waffle maker from Mom!) and it worked out pretty great! They aren't like "regular" waffles, but they taste great and they get crunchy! I had it with sugar free syrup and it's great!
    Original SW: 149
    New SW (11/8/10): 138
    CW: 132
    GW: 125

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

sodacracker Guest

Read this recipe New Year's Day morning and got up to make them.

Skipped the Splenda and they still were fine. Topped one with applesauce and the other with maple syrup for 1 WPA. Had a glass of milk and feel nice and satisfied. A hit with DD and DH as well.

I got 6 pancakes out of this and added another 1/2 cup of milk to make the batter a bit thinner.

10. Default Re: Cream of Wheat Pancakes - YUM!

I tried these this weekend, and...OH MY GOSH....they are mmmmmm, mmmmm good! Very filling too. I agree, of all the "pancake" recipes, I think this one is the most like "real" pancakes. Thanks for sharing!

let me just say::
    "Thank you so very much for posting this recipe"

I would have to say i am not really a lover of pancakes however...
    these are really good!! I did add vanilla like some else suggested
    and i put a hand full of blueberries (1/4 cup) in the batter and added a touch more of milk. No need for syrup I also thought it would be too sweet due to the spenda but no. they are soo filling it only make 5 so i am only eating 2 1/2.
    plenty for me.

thanks again,
    cheryl

Good Morning.....

I'm not doing CORE these days, but would like to know the point value on this recipe. If somebody has mastercook, would they be so kind as to run the recipe for a point total per serving.

Thanks in advance

Karen
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by The Rollercoaster Stops Here
    Good Morning.....

I'm not doing CORE these days, but would like to know the point value on this recipe. If somebody has mastercook, would they be so kind as to run the recipe for a point total per serving.

Thanks in advance

Karen
    hi karen, i ran it through the recipe builder and i got 3 pts each pancake if you make 5 pancakes with the recipe. they're great and way more filling than regular pancakes so one may be enough.
    Susan
    179/1169/120

I made these for the first time this morning; using a 1/4 cup measuring cup the recipe made 8 nice sized pancakes. They were pretty good with some butter and Log Cabin sf syrup. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter.

Thanks for reminding me of the recipe--I had intended to try them but forgot about saving the recipe.
    Daylily

15. Smile Re: Cream of Wheat Pancakes - YUM!

I tried these yesterday for breakfast and they were very good, and filling.
    They are a good substitute for regular pancakes.
    Thanks for the recipe.

I made these pancakes this morning. The kids loved them! I think this is the best pancake recipe I've tried so far! I did add vanilla and I used eggbeaters in place of the eggs. We will definitely be keeping this recipe! Thanks

Replies

Made these for lunch today and am very impressed and FULL. I have always been a big eater so I had three, and two would have been plenty. They are much more filling than regular pancakes. My son, aged 5, is the fussiest eater ever, and he tried them and loved them!! He asked if they were "Mommy's diet food", and the good mother I am, I lied, and said no, just regular pancakes!! He wouldn't even try them if he knew the difference. I agree that they could be a trigger food though, so I will definitely be making them again, but will have to watch it. I work backshift and am always looking for something that will get me through the night and these will definitely do the job.

Thanks for posting!!
    Donna

SW: 195 lbs May 1, 2006

CW: 171 lbs March 4, 2009

GW: 145 lbs

Coming out of lurkdom to say:

OMG - I made these this morning and they are FREAKIN AWESOME!

I had three small ones with SF syrup and one egg and will be set for quite a while!!

Thanks so much!!!
    ~^~Cindy~^~

These ARE fabulous and so filling!
    Nicole

jmjgtodd Guest

I thought I would my assessment of these . . . I made waffles and they were yummmmmy! Extremely filling. I made four waffles and ate one, froze the rest!

I haven't had waffles or pancakes since going core. I used some SF syrup for one point and what a treat!

I made these this evening...and oboy, are they ever good! Definitely TWO thumbs up from me... I made a HUGE batch and froze them.

I bet my kids will love them too!!
    The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil

LostTeacher Guest

i've never used cream of wheat before, so do you just add it dry like flour?

this sounds so good...and something different for a change in the morning. think i could like it. and i find that pancakes are filling in the first place, so an interested idea! maybe this weekend....but i need to buy some cream of wheat!

LT

LostTeacher...yes, add it dry. Let us know if you decide to try them.
    The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil

I just made these again this morning. I added a little vanilla and a little of the SF Davinci hazelnut syrup - YUMMY!!

When I take the leftovers to work since I don't want to take "butter" or anything messy to put on top I just dip them in a single serve non-sweetened applesauce. Yummy! (I just zap them in the microwave for about 20 seconds first)
    RainyBabie

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo!

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Talking Re: Cream of Wheat Pancakes - YUM!

bumping to the top.
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast