Thread: Alba Vs. WW Shakes

Replies

Default Alba Vs. WW Shakes

Please help...
    Are the Alba shakes as good as the ones you buy at WW meetings?
    I love the WW shakes but at 7.00 a box I think they are pricey.
    The Alba I cannot get AT ALL in my area, I also called Alba and they just suggested I buy direct. I will consider buying direct but first before I make a large order I'd like the opinionof other members.
    I can get the Alba for a good price $8.58 for 16 pkg. (like half the price of WW brand) but since there is shipping I was going to order a large amount.
    Also what about the different flavors???
    Thanks all,
    EmmaJean
    GETTING FAMILY SUPPORT

Default Re: Alba Vs. WW Shakes

I sent you a PM.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

3mtnboys Guest

I'd be interested in opinions on this also. I too enjoy the ww product but don't use it often because of the price.

Thanks
    Chris

I just bought my first box of the WW vanilla ones - i can't find the Alba locally here either. OUr WW store sells them for $7.50 !!
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

Anyone find Alba in the Chicago area? I used to use this stuff all the time back in college, but never thought about using it for WW purposes. I don't buy any WW products.
    Sharon

Replies

I LOVE the Alba shakes. I think they taste as good, if not better than the WW ones. They are tough to fine, but I find them in the diabetic section in my grocery store.
    Original SW: 149
    New SW (11/8/10): 138
    CW: 132
    GW: 125

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

I have seen them in my store here-- and I remember them from years back-- they must have been around for more than a few decades--

I am going to try them
    SW206/CW183/GW141
    1st 10% goal 185.4-- DONE!

When I first started WW, my mom made this "candy" recipe all the time:

mix 1/2 C crushed pineapple (don't drain much) with 1 pkg choc Alba, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and freeze.

I don't have the NI to give the points value. I'm dating myself here, but when we lost it was under the selection/ exchange plans and this was 1 milk and 1 fruit.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

What's this sweetened with now? I looked all over the web and can't find the ingredients. Dating myself again, but it used to be saccharin. Haven't had it since.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

The newer ones in the blue boxes are now sweetened with Splenda. The older ones in the black boxes are aspartame.

I still make those pineapple "candies" sometimes. They are 2 points for the whole recipe and still count as a milk and a fruit.
    Joanne

Replies

If anyone is interested the customer service number for Alba is 800-434-4246 but actually they were not that helpful to me. I thought if I gave them a zip code they could look up stores in my area. He just said order direct from the factory. That number is 630-515-8919. Naturally on line you can do it also at www.alba.com
    I do think there price is VERY good and the shipping is not that bad either, if you go on line after you put in the order you can get your shipping charges figured BEFORE you place the order.
    Those candies sound "interesting"!!! The points on them sound "great"!!!
    EmmaJean
    GETTING FAMILY SUPPORT

12. Default Re: Alba Vs. WW Shakes

Thanks EmmaJean! Wonder where the factory is--that's my area code!
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by plcm111195
    The newer ones in the blue boxes are now sweetened with Splenda. The older ones in the black boxes are aspartame.

I still make those pineapple "candies" sometimes. They are 2 points for the whole recipe and still count as a milk and a fruit.
    Thanks for the quick reply! I'll think I'll order some from the website.

The link for the website is www.albadrinks.com. Alba.com is some sort of concrete building material, maybe that's what they do with the drink mixes that don't sell before expiration. The website is showing the black boxes, so I'm not going to buy until I hear from customer service. The website is a major disappointment, no NI, no ingredient listings, etc.

I haven't had these for a couple of years, but they came in vanilla and chocolate flavors. Being the chocolate lover that I am, that should have been my favorite flavor, but I really thought the vanilla was much better.

I used to mix up the vanilla and pour it into a very large glass with diet cream soda.

They are also sold online by http://www.hometownfavorites.com/sho...&id=1745&newp=
    I have not purchased from this company though so I don't know shipping.
    Joanne

Replies

I'm calling Hometown Favorits tomorrow to see how they work shipping. They are only 4.00 for a pkg of 8, so alittle less than buying from Alba direct. Sorry I messed up the website, guess they MUST have something to do with CONCRETE LOL!!! Only kidding!

EmmaJean
    GETTING FAMILY SUPPORT

Replies

I just bought 4 boxes for 16.00 bucks (plus shipping) from Amazon of all places.

No choices of flavors, you get vanilla, chocolate, choc fudge and strawberry which all sound good actually.
    **Sharyn**
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169
    CW: 161
    GW: 140

NaomiRP Guest

I just had my first Vanilla Alba about 5 minutes ago (since probably 1984, anyway!) - it kinda tasted like white cake batter...but not in a bad way! I bought double fudge (the best!), milk chocolate (not so good to me), and the vanilla (like I said) - I'll probably stick with the double fudge from now on...but, Pandorra, I'm really curious about the strawberry. Let us know?

The only WW one I have tried is the chocolate...it was good but no better than the double fudge. I'm supposed to be getting all the fortified stuff that is in the WW ones in my multivitamin, right? So I'll probably stick with Alba (although, I want to try the WW peach - has anyone tried it?)

Quote Originally Posted by plcm111195
    They are also sold online by http://www.hometownfavorites.com/sho...&id=1745&newp=
    I have not purchased from this company though so I don't know shipping.
    Thanks for the link. I'm going to give them a call and verify the sucralose b/c they don't have NI either....