Thread: I HATE Breakfast!

Exclamation I HATE Breakfast!

I don't like cereal and I'm not even hungry in the morning but my lunch from work can sometimes come as late as 2 or even 3 and by then I am ready to eat the children (i'm a teacher) instead and they are higher in points so... help?
    low point breakfasts that will make me WANT to eat them?

Replies

Default Re: I HATE Breakfast!

i eat non breakfast foods for breakfast most of the time...
    for a while i was having a boca burger on a lite bun with ff cheese almost everymorning-it was never more than 4 points. sometimes i'll have almonds and raisins.
    i definitely reccommend having protein with your morning meal to keep you satisified-especially if you are eating lunch late. can you keep any low point snacks in your drawer?
    Anna B.

3. Default Re: I HATE Breakfast!

I sometimes make a grill cheese for 2 points or I will grill an English muffin with some thinly sliced deli ham and FF cheese slice. I also make the breakfast muffins that are on this site for 2 pts each.
    SW 245
    CW 185
    Goal 135
    60 Pounds Gone Forever
    Smoke Free 739 Days

Replies

I have always been a person who did not feel right eating in the morning, I would wait until 10 or 11 and then eat. Now I eat breakfast every morning and I have become used to it and now I look forward it.

I also look outside the breakfast box, I don't go for toast or cereal. I love eating wraps of any kind and my all time favorite breakfast is this:

1 cup yogurt I use silhouette at 2 points per cup
    1 cup raspberries @ 1 point per cup
    1 cup Blueberries @ 1 point per cup
    2/3 cup All Bran Buds @ 2 points

I often add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to this as well

Mix it all together and let sit overnight. I eat 1/4 for breakfast and 1/4 for snack later in the day. It makes enough for 2 days.

If I am really hungry I will eat half for breakfast at only 3 points it is an amazing breakfast.
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever, Tinkerbell

SW 09/20/05 - 367.6

CW - 248.4*Down -118.6

now *these* are the kind of ideas i can work with! thanks! and any more are appreciated too *^.^*

Muffins - recipe boards are filled with recipes - or the Krusteauz company makes low fat ones that are ( i think) only 2 points each. I live on muffins and baked oatmeal!!

light Toast with peanut butter (i use better'n'pb)

smoothies - milk, yogurt, fruit .. boards are full of recipes for these too.

fruit Yogurt with a cup of blueberries in it

when i'm *really* on the run, i get a skinny cappuccino - skim milk and espresso - no flavors (or i use SF flavors) .... and then have a 1 point breakfast pastry with it (Barry's Bakery French Twist)
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

Replies

I, too, eat non-breakfast foods for breakfast. My faves are veggie burger on light bun, grilled cheese, crustless pumpkin pie, baked oatmeal.
    5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

Replies

Post Re: I HATE Breakfast!

I could never wait that long to eat.

I love baked oatmeal - you can bake it and cut it squares or make it into muffins.
    Fruit and yogurt is great - I love the lemon meringue, strawberry crumble yogurt cups by Source (2 pts. per cup)
    Any "food" you enjoy on program is really ok. for breakfast - doesn't have to be a "breakfast food".

Ashlee
    Be the change that you want to be.

Replies

Arrow Re: I HATE Breakfast!

Breakfast is a great time to get in one of our fruits.

'Breaking the Fast' is essential to good health and weight loss. Your metabolism does not know you are awake until you eat something.....
    CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

Replies

While I don't agree that you need to eat to "rev" your metabolism first thing in the morning, I of course agree that it's smart and healthy to eat something in the am, the earlier the better. For me, 8:30 or 9 am is a good time. My favorite on-the-go breakfast is 2 Morningstar sausage patties in 1/2 a whole wheat pita. That's 4 points of yumminess that you can easily take in the car or whatever. You can also put many other things in the pita- whatever sounds good to you.
    Darci
    224.2/175/165
    Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

11. Default Re: I HATE Breakfast!

ok-- what is this "baked oatmeal" that everyone loves? is it just oatmeal baked? what am i missing....

*wanders off to check the recipe forums...*

Replies
    Blog Entries

Cool Re: I HATE Breakfast!

Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Replies

Todd that is too funny

Boost Your Metabolism: EAT BREAKFAST!
    BOOST YOUR METABOLISM: EAT BREAKFAST!
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, or so you have heard. Yet, if you are like many people, you seem to have no time and no appetite in the morning. Maybe you want to save the calories for later on that day, or perhaps you dislike breakfast foods.

However, if you want to boost your metabolism, have more energy, or lose weight, eating breakfast is one of the most effective ways to accomplish those goals. By waiting until lunch to eat, your body will assume you are fasting, since it may have been 12 or more hours since you last ate. Fasting causes you to conserve energy and slow your metabolism. Weight loss with a slowed metabolism is a steep uphill battle. Plus, students and employees who skip breakfast tend to be less attentive and less productive throughout the day.

You would not expect your car to run on empty so treat yourself as well as your car. You know driving at a constant speed of 55 mph gives your car the best gas mileage. Likewise, if you keep yourself well fed throughout the day, your metabolism will be at its best too, which means you have more energy and are in calorie-burning mode.

Try these tips to help make breakfast easier to stomach:

No time? Eat quick breakfasts like cereal, peanut butter on toast, cottage cheese and fruit, or maybe a hard-boiled egg and an English muffin. Try getting up just 5 minutes earlier, or grab something for the road, like a nutrition bar.

No appetite? Consider how late you eat at night. Often, late night eaters are not hungry for breakfast. Try to stop eating 2-3 hours before bedtime and see how that affects your morning appetite. Or pack breakfast to eat at work when you have had more time to wake up.

Saving calories? Studies have consistently shown that breakfast-skippers eat more, not less, calories throughout the day. Usually their excess calories come from junk foods rather than nutrient rich foods that breakfast-eaters consume. Additionally, breakfast-eaters have a greater chance of burning off calories since they consume them early in the day.

Dislike breakfast foods? Who said you had to eat them? Have some cheese and crackers, a ham sandwich, or leftovers from last night?s dinner. Try to consume foods with some protein and fiber, and a low fat content. Because protein and fiber take longer to digest than sugar, you will feel satisfied for longer and likely have more energy. Remember eating anything may be better for your metabolism than skipping a meal!

Try these simple substitutions to help avoid high fat, high sugar breakfasts.

Instead Of 2 Pop Tarts
    Try 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 tbsp jam

Instead Of 1 glazed doughnut
    Try 1 English muffin

Instead Of 8 oz yogurt, fruit-on-the-bottom
    Try 8 oz light yogurt

Instead Of 1 McDonalds Sausage Egg Biscuit
    Try 1 McDonald?s Egg McMuffin

Instead Of 1 cup Frosted Flakes
    Try 1 cup Bran Flakes

Instead Of 1 Slim Fast Meal-on-the-Go bar
    Try 1 Harvest Power Bar

Instead Of ? cup cottage cheese (4% fat), ? cup canned fruit cocktail
    Try ? cup cottage cheese (1% fat), ? cup fresh blueberries

By Catherine Gorman, RD, LD, BAAC Nutrition Program Director
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

Quote Originally Posted by mimichan
    ok-- what is this "baked oatmeal" that everyone loves? is it just oatmeal baked? what am i missing....

*wanders off to check the recipe forums...*
    Hopefully you found some .. but here are a couple links to some of my favorites.
    It's not regular oatmeal baked - and i didn't try it for the longest time, because i never enjoyed hot oatmeal as a breakfast! It ends up being more like a muffin. LOTS of variations on it. It's quick, and portable! I can make a batch and freeze half and have a good tasty healthy OP BK any time!

These are my two favorites, tho there are tons of other variants on the boards if you search!

Berry baked oatmeal muffins - real dense, almost like a cobbler
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=110787

PA Dutch baked oatmeal - these are wetter - i usually cut down the water a bit
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=109693

These are more like quiche in a cup - if you don't like eggs you may not like them, but they are scrumptious!
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=115351
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

15. Default Re: I HATE Breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheri~C
    I have always been a person who did not feel right eating in the morning, I would wait until 10 or 11 and then eat. Now I eat breakfast every morning and I have become used to it and now I look forward it.

I also look outside the breakfast box, I don't go for toast or cereal. I love eating wraps of any kind and my all time favorite breakfast is this:

1 cup yogurt I use silhouette at 2 points per cup
    1 cup raspberries @ 1 point per cup
    1 cup Blueberries @ 1 point per cup
    2/3 cup All Bran Buds @ 2 points

I often add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to this as well

Mix it all together and let sit overnight. I eat 1/4 for breakfast and 1/4 for snack later in the day. It makes enough for 2 days.

If I am really hungry I will eat half for breakfast at only 3 points it is an amazing breakfast.

Excellent I am going to try this ..

Right now for a snack after I work out

I take 1 WW yogurt ...1 pt
    add about a teaspoon of kashi 7 grain nuggets about 1 Pt

and some blueberries .. .5

So for 2.5 I have a snack the has 1 serving of Calcium

Yours sounds just as promising

Thanks

SW 279
    CW 195
    Gw 145

16. Default Re: I HATE Breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by mimichan
    I don't like cereal and I'm not even hungry in the morning but my lunch from work can sometimes come as late as 2 or even 3 and by then I am ready to eat the children (i'm a teacher) instead and they are higher in points so... help?
    low point breakfasts that will make me WANT to eat them?

Breakfast happens to be my favorite meal of the day but even if it was not I would make sure that I ate SOMETHING on rising hungry or not.

It is important to start your metabolism running in the morning so it burns calories efficiently during the day .

What starts it running is food.
    If you do not have food in your body it not only will not burn efficiently but may burn muscle instead of fat.

SW279
    CW 195

Replies

I rarely have time for a sit down breakfast so mine needs to be portable. I also tend to eat non-breakfast foods. I did veggie patty on a whole wheat english muffin for a while but nowI am doing turkey on a whole wheat wrap. It is quick and easy. One time I even ate a veggie corn dog (on a stick) on the way to work at 7:30 AM - quite the sight!!
    Alissa

Start Date - 12/2009
    HW 158
    CW 152
    WW GW 137 PGW 130

Replies

Nice pic and article, Hoosier and CW.

I think I should clarify that I'm not arguing against breakfast AT ALL. My only quibble on the subject is with the implication that you won't lose weight or you're gonna burn up muscle tissue unless you go straight to the kitchen when you get up. I know nobody is saying that exactly, but I think it's sometimes implied during discussions of the vital importance of breakfast. Afterall, if not eating for 10 or 12 hours at a time was such a hindrance to weight loss, wouldn't WW tell us to eat right before we go to bed, also? KWIM?

I eat breakfast and I think everybody should, I just don't think you're doomed if you wait an hour or two before you do it. As I said, that's my quibble on the subject; I realize others disagree. To each his/her own.
    Darci
    224.2/175/165
    Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

I used to hate breakfast too. I was not a big fan of any type of breakfast foods. I was never hungry much like yourself.

Now that I eat breakfast I find myself hungry when I wake up and craving breakfast.

I eat a lot of Granola Bars and Banana's for breakfast (I'm on the go a lot).

I do like making a low point bagel sammie now too.

Egg Beaters, FF Cheese, Low Point Bagel, and either (Ham or Morning Star Sausage)

Toast with Better-n-Peanut Butter and Sugar Free Jelly...

The list goes on and on and on
    Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

stigs Guest

I just logged on to this forum after pulling these cookies out of the oven. I was referred to the Vegan Lunchbox website by the BCB forum and this is the first recipe I've made from it.

Yummy! By my calculation, each cookie is one point. They taste like banana bread. Make a couple dozen and grab a couple out of the fridge on your way out in the morning...oooh, I bet they're great with coffee.

Replies

I'm not a big breakfast eater either, so granola bars have been great for me. I can take them on-the-go, and eat is as soon as I feel like it. The ones I like are only 2pts each, and taste really good.

Replies

Not a big breaker...just usually a glass of milk and fruit...starting tackling some of the healthy 8's early!

"If and When were planted, and Nothing grew."
    proverb