Thread: Subway ?

1. Default Subway ?

WW's "Dining Out Companion" lists a tuna sub as 12 pts and this site lists it as 8. Does anyone know what it really is? Thanks so much
    Erin

Replies

Default Re: Subway ?

The Subway website provides nutritional information for all of their sandwiches, and the sandwich components on their website. You can go there and check it out and figure out the points for your sandwich. The restaurant website is always the best place to go for this information as it will be the most current and correct.

Here is a link to the section of the website with the ni for the sandwiches:

http://www.subway.com/applications/N...px?id=sandwich

The ni for a 6" tuna sandwich is: 530 calories/31 fat grams/4 fiber grams. That equals 12 points.

When I looked at the info on this website that quoted 8 points for the tuna sub, it says it's with lofat mayo. The ni on the Subway site (and probably what is in the Dining Out Companion) is with full fat mayo.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

3. Default Re: Subway ?

Thanks Luanne.
    Erin

The Subways that I go to say that all the tuna salad (and the seafood if they have it) is now made with the lowfat mayo. You might want to check to be doubly sure, but it seems like it was a complete revision.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Replies

Tuna 6" Sub (530 cal/31 g fat/4 g fiber/45 g carbs)12.5
    I got this from dwlz.com Hope this helps

I used to always order the Seafood sub until they changed from lowfat to fullfat mayo about a year ago. Maybe some are going from low to full, and some in healthier areas are going the other way. Doesn't seem likely though as chains are usually pretty standardized. I would ask at the restaurant just to make sure.
    Sharon

7. Default Re: Subway ?

thanks everyone, so, i called my local subway and they only have a full fat mayo tuna. They also said there was no way they could make a special order of lowfat tuna. That sucks. I will ask other subway restraunts if i get the chance.
    Erin

Replies

Ummm, just a suggestion, but you might want to try other sandwiches besides tuna. Tuna, with all of that mayo, can be a killer. Could you make your own tuna sandwiches at home? I've been making mine using Follow Your Heart Lo Fat Ranch dressing instead of mayo and I can get a whole tuna sandwich (on light wheat bread) for 3 points.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Quote Originally Posted by imlovin'it
    I used to always order the Seafood sub until they changed from lowfat to fullfat mayo about a year ago. Maybe some are going from low to full, and some in healthier areas are going the other way. Doesn't seem likely though as chains are usually pretty standardized. I would ask at the restaurant just to make sure.
    They went from low to full, with all their marketing around healthy eating doesn't that seem backwards?? This completely underscores why I ask every single time. I haven't asked in about a year, I only eat these in a bind during Lent and didn't order one this past year....
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

Replies

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriaki is the bomb for only 6 pts (NO CHEESE) There Salads are great as well. Our Subway has handouts wit nutritional info in them. I sat down and figured almost all of them. My suggestion is stay to the 6 grams of fat and under menu with wheat bread. Steer clear of oh so delicous chiken Bacon Ranch. You will use your daily points with one sandwich.
    Shannon
    starting over!
    If you don't do it right the first time, You must have time to do it again.

If you choose a Wrap instead of a sandwich made with Subway's selection of bread, you can lop 1 to 3 points off the equivalent 6" sub in a hurry. I treat myself to a very well stuffed all-Veggie wrap, no cheese, for 3 points once a week.
    Last edited by BSAChris; 07-19-2006 at 10:17 PM.
    Chris
    HiWgt(5/11/05) 235
    1st WWStartWgt(3/27/06) 204.4
    New WWStartWgt (10/9/09) 180.4, WW Goal 146

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by mom2-7
    Sweet Onion Chicken Teriaki is the bomb for only 6 pts (NO CHEESE)
    This is a great sandwich. However, according to the ni on the Subway website it is 7 points (and that's without cheese). 370 calories/5 grams fat/4 grams fiber
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

Yes, the sweet onion chicken teryaki is 7 Points. Always has been.

I think it's a shame that you can't get plain tuna anywhere but at home. It's always loaded up with mayo. Yuck. I don't like mayo, there are only a couple things I'll use it for and then not much.

Subway markets a few of its sandwiches as "healthy" and "low fat," not all of them. Many of the others are any where from high to very high in fat. Sadly, some of the good stuff (tuna and fake seafood) gets transformed into some of their highest fat and highest Point sandwiches because of all the mayo. But that's not just Subway, that's everywhere.

You can take off 2 Points if you choose an Atkins-Friendly Wrap instead of bread. The sample sandwiches on the web site are built with Italian bread (4 pt.) and the wrap is 2 pt.

They have the NI for each of their sandwich components on their site, so you can add up the ingredients for yourself.
    Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)
    2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130
    My pictures!
    "Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

twitterpated Guest

Somewhere on this website I read that the NEW tuscan chicken is like 7 or 8 pts including 2 slices of cheese! Be sure to check me on it cause I haven't ordered it yet, but it sounds awesome if thats the case!

Jaimee

onesmartcookie Guest

I agree with the wrap idea. They are great and cut your points in half in many cases. Give it a try, you'll be glad you did.

OSC

Replies

Subway is a great lunch option for me personally! The turkey breast and ham or just ham or just turkey breast are all pretty low points considering what you get for it! We have subs at least once a week!

17. Default Re: Subway ?

Quote Originally Posted by amanaka
    Subway is a great lunch option for me personally! The turkey breast and ham or just ham or just turkey breast are all pretty low points considering what you get for it! We have subs at least once a week!

I had the turkey one tonight.

They are terrific