Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Point Strawberry Pie

Default 1 Point Strawberry Pie

I received this recipe at my WW meeting last night... I just made it, and it looks fabulous, so I thought I would share! Enjoy!

STRAWBERRY PIE (4 servings- 1 pt each )

Ingredients:
    1 small box SF Strawberry Jello
    1 small box SF Vanilla COOK-N-SERVE Pudding
    2 cups water
    1 quart fresh strawberries
    FF Coolwhip

Direstions:
    1. Slice strawberries, and put on the bottom of a 9" pie plate. This will be your crust

2. Mix pudding, jello and water in a pot. Cook on the stove, until a rapid boil. Take off of stove, and pour over the strawberries in the pie plate.

3. Put pie in the refrigerator and chill at least 2 hours.

4. Serve with a dollop of coolwhip! 1/4 of the pie= 1pt
    251.6/235.4/229 Getting Back on track and sticking to it!
    "If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Default Re: 1 Point Strawberry Pie

This sounds wonderful and great for the upcoming July 4th cookout! Thank you so much!!

psykochatter Guest

Default Re: 1 Point Strawberry Pie

That's awesome. everything else that is 1 point for something amazing is like... "and only 785 servings!" so your 1 point is smaller than your pinky!

Okay... so I ate a piece of my pie for dessert tonight, and it is totally sweet and satisfying! (and a HUGE portion!) Definately worth 1 pt! I shared it with family, and everyone LOVED it! Plus it can be either Flex or Core, and if I am having a horrible day, I could eat the whole darn thing for 4 points!

Bonus: You get 1 fruit serving in with each piece!
    "If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

mochalattekona Guest

Thanks for sharing, cant wait to try it

faithgirl Guest

is there some way this can be made with instant pudding? I cannot find cook and serve.

Hmmm... my leader said that only the cook and serve works. I am not sure if it is the temperature it becomes, or maybe there is a point issue (for some reason I think the points may be a tad bit higher with instant pudding than cook n serve, but I could be wrong) check points, and shoot... try it. The worse that can happen is you end up with strawberry jello slush that you have to eat with a spoon!

Let us know how it turns out if you try it!

Deb

8. Default Re: 1 Point Strawberry Pie

OMG, this is delicious! I made it this afternoon so I could have it for tonight and it was worth the wait. I topped it with the ff strawberry flavor whipped cream. I used the instant pudding and cooked nothing on the stove and it turned out just fine. Enjoy! ******************************

HW 215
    June 22 SW 208.2
    June 30 CW 201.4
    GW 135

Thank you thank you, this was most delicious!!!

I can't even tell you.... I could eat this everyday!!!!

any other variations?

KayCee1976 Guest

I tried it with lemon jello and lemon pudding. I couldn't find the lemon cook and serve pudding, so I tried the instant. It doesn't set right if you try to use instant. I had nasty looking globs in my pie and it didn't have the nice consistency that the cook n serve pudding makes. It also had a nasty taste, too..oh well...it was a nice idea

I make my strawberry pie with chocolate cook n serve That's super yummy!

~KayCee~

Highest weight:312
    sw:282
    cw: 207 (75 lb magnet recieved on Wed )
    gw: 160

I made it with frozen peaches, SF peach jello, and vanilla instant pudding. It came out wonderful. I boiled the water for the jello, added the jello, and then stirred in the instant pudding, and poured over the peaches. it set up just fine. It was delicious, and set up so it was sliced into nice pie slices.
    Karen
    Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

I too had the globs of instant - next time I will use a hand mixer.

Also, there was more aspartame taste than I was expecting, but I think that the tartness of the berries had a role to play in that as well. Next time I'm adding a little bit of Splenda.

Overall, a huge points bargain and def. worth making again! Thanks!
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish
    1/4/08: -10
    2/1/08: -8.5
    3/7/08: -0
    4/4/08: -4.5
    5/2/08: -4

Replies

I made this for the adults for my sons birthday party last night. It was good. I didn't have strawberry jello, only strawberry banana, but it was good!
    PJ
    'cause I wanna see my kids grow up!
    SW 315
    High weight while pregnant 300
    CW 278
    Down 12lbs so far
    Working on getting back down to thin!

I saw this recipe and it sounds great, I just made it and we'll see how it turns out tonight. It's perfect now that the warm weather is here. Thanks!
    AmAnDa

original SW: 188 lbs
    SW after recommitting: 168.2 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

Replies

I am trying Cheesecake pudding and strawberry jello, I will let yal know...I better make 2 of these b/c I know my family will love them and I will have to fight my way to a peice hehe

So I made this and it is pretty good. It has kind of a weird jello/pudding texture but it sets up nice and tastes good so I think it's a keeper. It's really good with some FF Cool Whip on top.
    AmAnDa

original SW: 188 lbs
    SW after recommitting: 168.2 lbs
    GW: 135 lbs

I made this yesterday and we had it at breakfast with whole wheat pancakes. It was a great alternative to syrup!
    Elaine
    SW: 142 (10/31/06)
    CW: 130 (1/29/10)
    GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

Replies

Ok for all those who can not find SF Cook and Serve like myself, I made this a different way and it turned out great.

Boil 1 cup water, then combine it with your SF Jello and stir til dissolved. Then add 1 cup of cold water and stir. Then add the SF Pudding Powder to that...stir in slow so you make sure you dissolve it all real good. Pour in pie plate with strawberries and waaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaa! It set great for me. I used SF Cheesecake Pudding and SF Cherry Jello. Happy Cooking!

Replies

Default 1 Point Strawberry Pie

Hey gals,

I'm making this for a larger group of hearty eaters. Do you think I would need to double or triple the recipe if I put it in a 9 x 13 dish? I'd like it to be up to the top of the dish.

Thanks!
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

My family likes this. I only used 16 oz container of strawberries instead of a quart (32 oz). I love the suggestion to use cheescake pudding mix (now it I can find the cook and serve in sugarfree cheesecake!)
    60 lbs Gone! (10/13/07)
    SW 281.2 / CW 220.8 / Goal 159 (10/13/07)
    Part II SW 277.2 / CW 267.2 / Goal 169 10lbs gone!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by dmarkey
    Hey gals,

I'm making this for a larger group of hearty eaters. Do you think I would need to double or triple the recipe if I put it in a 9 x 13 dish? I'd like it to be up to the top of the dish.

Thanks!
    I think you need to make more then one instead of doubling the recipe. When I poured one into the pie pan it went almost to the very top and I had to control myself while walking it to the fridge so I didnt spill it. You can also buy those throw away pie plates and get 2-3 of them.

Replies

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure that will work for this meal then. There is a limited amount of space in their fridge and a lot of people will be sharing it.

I'll have to come up with something else.
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Replies

This is great, I made it this week and DH loved it. It's a keeper, thanks!!
    Kari
    (185/141)

Pounds lost: 44
    Total lost since my little girl was born on Dec. 17/06 : 74 YAHOOOOOO

Strawberry Season. Bump

PERFECT! I was looking for something low in points and gluten free to serve for Mother's Day dessert! YAY~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast