Thread: YUMMY! New way to eat oatmeal!

Tiffy_Sugar Guest

Lightbulb YUMMY! New way to eat oatmeal!

Hi guys! I don't know if this is really considered a recipe because its really just a different way to eat oatmeal. I live in Arizona and its just so warm in the morning that I hate having to eat "hot" foods and I don't really care for cereal. I LOVE oatmeal though and eat it almost every morning. I cooked my oatmeal like usual (1/2 cup quick oats with 1 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon no-cal sweetener) and then put it in the fridge overnight. I had it this mornng and what a terrific surprise! It had turned into a "flan" type of dish that was nice and cool! Has anyone else tried it this way? I just love it and will be doing it mor often. I would suggest adding all your "extras" to it before putting it into the fidge because after it has "set" you can't stir it. Fruit, raisins, cinnamon, or cooking it with skim milk would be a great way to "spice it up" as well. It really does come out like a custurdy pie filling!

Default Re: YUMMY! New way to eat oatmeal!

I just had this today! Last night I cooked my oatmeal with some hot cocoa and blended in some splenda and 1 tbs of natural PB while it was warm. This morning I ate it cold in all of it's chocolaty-peanut-buttery splendor!

I've also been known to just soak my oats in yogurt overnight and add berries in the morning. It's a yummy way to eat cold oats, too.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

I am going to try this. I have been looking for something new for breakfast

Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/cathieb65

" A real friend never gets in the way- - unless you happen to be on the way down. "
    - Dr. Wayne Dyer

I had to try this because I LOVE oatmeal. I made my oatmeal last night as I usually do and added a bit of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp sugar and some raisons. This morning when I woke up I could barely wait to try it. I LOVED IT!! I will definitely make this a few times a week for my breakfast...it is quick, easy and delicious!!

Thank you SO much for posting this...
    The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil

Replies

Great idea! I think I will make it this evening and have it tomorrow morning! I love all the variations..maybe some Da'Vinci syrup added in!
    Fallen, but not defeated!