Thread: Anyone try..

Greekchica Guest

Default Anyone try..

Has any one tired those new "Quaker Breakfast Cookies" I bought a box, but have not eaten one yet. Based on the points system, 1 cookie has 4 pts. I know this may be alot for breakfast, but I am not a big breakfast eater. Can anyone give me some ideas on what I can eat for breakfast. I do like a nice bowl of "Maypo Oatmeal" because it is filling, but can someone give me some other ideas on what I can eat for breakfast that is filling.

Thanks

Default Re: Anyone try..

Here are a few suggestions:

WW yogurt which is sold in the supermarket -- 1pt, I add a 1/2 cup of low fat granola (Master Choice brand) which is 2pts for a total of 3pts and very filling.

WW (sold at the meetings) also has delicious cinammon/sugar bars that are 2pts.

1/2 c cottage cheese (2pts) + a banana (1pt) - haven't eaten this in a while and now thinking I've reversed the point values -- just doubcheck =)

lite english muffin (1pt) + 1 tbsp peanut butter (2.5 pts) + 1 tsp jam (0 pt)

3 egg whites (1pt) on a lite english muffin (1 pt) + 1 piece of cheese (kraft american singles - 2pts) OR instead of the cheese Oscar Meyer has pre-cooked bacon that you microwave for 15 seconds -- 3 pieces is only 2 pts.

Good luck! =)

kaideebug Guest

I have tried the banana nut bread one, it was pretty good. It also has 4 pts. I think all the Quaker ones have about 4 pts. I just recently bought the raspberry streusel one. Haven't tried it yet though. I recently read an article in the WW magazine where it said that you should include protein and carbs in your breakfast to keep you fuller longer, so I usually eat a whole wheat bagel 2 pts. with 1/2 serving RF peanut butter 2 pts. and a banana sliced on top. I probably eat this about 3-4 times a week. Try to mix it up a little on the weekends, but it is the only thing that keeps me full until lunch time.

I am looking at the Oatmeal Raisin one now and my calculations make it 3 pts. (180 cal., 5 grams figer and 4.5 fat) I love these. I keep them in my desk in case I haven't had time for a good meal or just need a snack.

I love for breakfast a handful of cereal (whatever kind is your favorite) - for me I like crunchy. I add a cup of flavored yogurt (peach and lemon - yummmmm) and a sliced banana.

Knowledge is POWER.

SW: 198.4; CW: 166; GW: 155.0