Thread: ● ● ● CORE/Simply Filling FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Newbies Start Here! ● ● ●

Default ● ● ● CORE/Simply Filling FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Newbies Start Here! ● ● ●

Below are some helpful links for the Core Plan.

Newbies, if you still have questions, please start a new thread in the Main CORE Forum . The buddies here are always happy to help.

Everyone, if you have additional links or information you'd like added to this thread, send me a PM or post a message for discussion. I'm keeping it locked to keep it clean and easy to find.

Core Plan Master Food List
    Alternate Link1

Printable Filling Foods List - added 7/21/09

Search the Core Forum

Core Recipe Forum

Why The Scale Lies
    Last edited by plcm111195; 06-13-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Removed dead links from ww.com

Default Re: ● ● ● CORE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Newbies Start Here! ● ● ●

Here are WWLynn's notes on the changes for 2009. PM me if you think other items need to be added to this sticky.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm just thinking that with the 2009 changes, it's probably going to be necessary to add some things to the stickies...

I'm going to try to recap the basic changes from Core to the Simply Filling Technique:

Not all "core" foods are now called "filling"foods because they aren't necessarily FILLING foods (the word "filling" has meaning as an adjective that "core" did not).

...So there are the "three additional categories" that you don't have to count points for, specific foods on the following lists in book 6--beverages, seasoning and condiments, and healthy oils.

The other change being to the once a day rule for hot cocoa and reduced calorie shakes being eliminated (just ww smoothies are limited to once a day of that former grouping of three).

AND of course, Simply Filling is a TECHNIQUE (week 6 book) within the Momentum plan where you only track foods that are not filling foods (or part of those three additional categories). For NEW members it is an option after doing six weeks of the Momentum plan (if you were already doing core and want to continue to do it, you can switch to Simply Filling immediately).

Of course there are changes that are part of Momentum in general:

Exercise is the 9th good health guideline

Liquids have replaced "water" as one of the good health guidelines. Even caffeinated liquids count. You no longer have to have half of your water in the form of actual water.

Setpoints are introduced in week 5. Certain foods (all of which are filling but not all filling foods have setpoints) have a number in parentheses after the points value. This is the setpoint value. WHEN EATING OUT, you can choose to eat til satisfied and use that setpoint number as your points value consumed. This is only applicable when eating OUT and when NOT doing the Simply Filling Technique.

Choosing "filling foods" is emphasized on the Momentum Plan. They are printed in green ink and have a diamond in the food lists. In addition, tracking your hunger/satisfaction is a recommended part of tracking.

There is a difference in points given to mothers who are solely breastfeeding vs. breastfeeding plus feeding other foods. (Obviously this does not apply to Simply Filling).

That's all I can think of at this point.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Re: ● ● ● CORE/Simply Filling FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Newbies Start Here! ● ● ●

Please do not PM me with questions about Core/SF. I posted these links and info from other sources. I'm not around the boards as much as I used to be and I'd hate for you to have to wait for me to respond just for me to tell you that I don't have the info you're looking for.

If you still have questions, please start a new thread in the Main SF Forum. The buddies here are always happy to help.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189