Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The best 1 pt pancake EVER!

Tiffy_Sugar Guest

Thumbs up The best 1 pt pancake EVER!

Hey guys! Well, after lots of searching I finally found a recipe for a LARGE, yummy, fluffy, high fiber, filling 1 pt pancake! Here is the recipe:

Whole Wheat Apple-Cinna Pncakes

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/3 cup unsweetend applesauce
    1/2 tablespoon baking powder
    1/2 cup fat free butter milk OR skim milk with 1/2 tsp lemon juice mixed in
    1 egg white, lightly beaten
    1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
    3 packets no-cal sweetener

Note: Batter will be kinda thick. If it is too thick for you, add a tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency.

Directions: Heat a large skillet or griddle that has been sprayed with non-stick butter flavored cooking spray. Spoon two good sized heaping tablespoon fulls of the batter into the skillet per pancake and spread out slightly. Let cook like a regular pancake and then flip, allowing to cook another minuet or so. Serve!

Per pancake: 67 calories; 2 gm fiber; trace fat (1pt)
    for three pancakes: 202 calories; 6 gm fiber, 1 gm fat (3pts)

I hope you guys enjoy these as much as I do. This makes 6 pancakes, each only 1 pt! I make a big batch, then separate into individual servings of three pancakes and freeze some and keep the rest in the fridge so all I have to do is nuke them. Great with some sugar free syrup or berries. My DH even liked them and he usually hates anything with whole wheat!

Tiffany

Default Re: The best 1 pt pancake EVER!

Oh my gosh! I have been looking for a low-pt pancake recipe for SOOOOOO long!!! These sound so yummmy! I'm gonna go try them now! THANK YOU!!
    Mel
    DD Alexis born 11/04!
    DS Aiden born 12/06!

I made these this morning and they were AWESOME! I was afraid they'd be heavy and taste like bricks (whatever bricks taste like!) but they weren't....just great! It's nice to switch up your breakfast menu, especially on the weekends! Thanks so much for this recipe!!
    Barb

Start date: 1/31/06
    Start weight: 179.6
    Current weight as of 9/12/06: 146.2
    Goal weight: 145
    33.8 lbs gone!!!

1.2 to go!!!

Replies

I made a double batch of these last night. They were great! Such a nice change from my normal breakfast of cereal and milk. Thanks for the recipe!

Yeah! These are so good! I had them for dinner the first time and then I had to make them for breakfast the next morning! Thanks for posting! I know these are gonna get me through a few cravings over the next 9 months!
    Mel
    DD Alexis born 11/04!
    DS Aiden born 12/06!

These were delicious! but a little sweeter than I expected. I will adjust the sweetener and continue to make these! I did run it through my MC program and came up with 72 calories per pancake,2 fiber, trace fat(I can't explain why it's different here). ..but, be sure to use your sliders! if you are eating multiple pancakes..

they are worthy of the points! light and moist.

Icing
    Be your own best friend every day.

Replies

These are the tastiest pancakes I ever had and I am not usually a pancake eater. They were light, fluffy, tasy, and I didn't find them too sweet at all. Great recipe. It's a keeper and I am going to take it to my meeting.:bcbsalute
    Fallen, but not defeated!

im-worth-it Guest

I have made these pancakes about 4 times now and I must say they are the tastiest pancakes I have ever had. You would never dream that they are actually good for you. Highly, highly recommended. Thanks for the recipe Tifanny.

KitCatherine Guest

I joined WW today and a friend suggested I check out the pancakes on this website. So...although it wasn't for breakfast, I had them for lunch! They are GREAT! Thanks for the great recipe! Its helping me set off on the right foot that you can still eat tasty food!

poohbearchrissy Guest

They are amazing. I love pancakes and am so happy I can eat them again.

Tiffany...

If you have more treasures like this one I hope you post them for us~ I enjoy these on a regular basis..I just love pancakes and these are unbelievably good..

Icing
    Be your own best friend every day.

Yum! I love these! I make one big fat pancake (6 points) and split it in half (3 points), then top with fruit and a drizzle of honey! So filling and delicious. Thanks for the great recipe!
    SW187.5 CW136 GW 128
    LT circa 1970 Rejoined MAY 2000 1st 10% Nov 2000
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. Confucius

tinka Guest

I just found this. I just got a new pancake griddle. I found out the hard way that I can't make pancakes (successfully) in a frying pan.

I know I would like these. Hopefully DH will. I will read further to see if they freeze and or reheat.
    Thanks again,
    Tinka

Oh my gosh! Are you sure these only have 1 point???? They are delish! I made them last night for dinner and ate 2 for breakfast today! Thanks!!!!

15. Default Re: The best 1 pt pancake EVER!

I made these today - YUMMY!
    I used sweetened apple sauce and did not use the 3 packets no-cal sweetener. They came out to 2pts for a good size pancake. Yummy!!! The kids loved them.

Replies

This is a great recipe. I made waffels and figured at 4 pts each. I just added the little extro water to make the batter a little thinner. Great served with a little ff cool whip too. Thanks a bunch. Think I'll take the recipe to my WW meeting.

17. Default Re: The best 1 pt pancake EVER!

Thanks for this recipe!!! I love these pancakes. I use a coarse whole wheat flour which makes the pancake have a nutty texture and a very "earthy" flavor tinged with cinnamon, (which I love.) I had to thin the batter out a little with water.

I make a big batch and put in the freezer to heat up in the mornings.

This is my favorite breakfast. My mom likes them too.

Rosemary

natasha32 Guest

these sound great and im sure my kids would love them to im from the uk and dont understand the cup measurements we just use pounds and grams can anyone help me

Replies

Hi Natasha,

I found this site on line and thought it might be helpful to you. There are a bunch of other conversion s available there too.

http://www.vegsource.com/recipe/measurements.htm

G'nite!
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

natasha32 Guest

thanks for that its great i can now use all your wonderfull recipies

Replies

Sounds Great and I'll try them this weekend. Thanks for sharing!!
    "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." Tommy Lasorda

Replies

Natasha,

You're welcome!
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

OH WOW!! I made these yesterday and I LOVED them! They are soooooo good...definitely a keeper! YUMMO!!
    The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil

held1998 Guest

Bumping up. Made them for the first time yesterday and they were wonderful! Why did I wait so long to try them???

I made these the other day and I really liked them. I put the leftovers in the fridge and warmed them up today. It was a yummy breakfast!
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast