Thread: What is your favorite OP salad dressing?

Replies

Question What is your favorite OP salad dressing?

What is your favorite OP salad dressing? I cannot deal with FF Italian anymore! It has way to many herbs & spices (I think that's what it is) for me. It has always been a struggle for me to find a dressing that I like. I love Balsamic Vinegar, and use that often, but I need some variation! Any suggestions? And, any of you find a good Balsamic dressing? The ones I have tried don't taste like balsamic to me at all!
    Last edited by firechick139; 05-07-2006 at 11:03 PM.
    firechick139

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

"DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!"

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

Default Re: What is your favorite OP salad dressing?

I like a lot of the Light Done Right dressings. They have a good raspberry vinaigrette and a good Italian (not the Zesty but the regular "House" Italian). I can't stand most of the FF dressings and I have wasted too much money on ones I ended up throwing away. Another idea is to take one point worth of light Ranch and add 1 to 2 tbsp of Salsa. It is great on a taco salad and just one point.
    Janice
    Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Replies

Follow Your Heart Lo Fat Ranch. Found in the produce department with the other refrigerated dressings. One point for 1/4 cup. I threw out a lot of other lo fat and and fat free ranch dressings before trying this one that my WWer leader recommended. I've even used it in tunafish sandwiches instead of mayonaise.

Lo fat ginger sesame by either Trader Joe's or Paul Newman. 2 T is one point.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

My favorite is Kens steakhouse brand and it is fat free sun dried tomato vinergerette (sp) . If you like french or catalina, you will love this stuff. I am a very picky person but wow, this stuff is awesome.
    ~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~
    Lost 30.5, 38.5 more to go!!

SW: 194--Jan 9,2006
    CW: 163.5
    GW: 125

5. Default Re: What is your favorite OP salad dressing?

I absolutely love Kraft Parmesan Caesar Vinagrette ( sorry I totally butchered the spelling ). It's 2pts for 2 TBSP but it's well worth it. I used to hate salad but with this dressing I love it.
    virginiaERnurse

HW 181lbs
    SW 173.0lbs
    10% 156.0lbs
    lbs to go to meet 10% 17.3

Replies

I recently discovered SESAME GINGER by LIGHTHOUSE. These are the stats for it
    2 Tablespoons
    CALORIES-35
    FAT-0
    FIBER-0
    1 point and it is to die for......... I use it also for a marinade for chicken, use as a stir fry sauce and WONDERFUL in a chinese pasta salad that I make with water chestnuts, chicken, pea pods and vermicelli noodles.
    I got this at Walmart, but also in Woodman's. It is not in the regular isle but above the lettuce and things that are refrigereated. Enjoy..........

WrappinMama Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gsdlover
    I recently discovered SESAME GINGER by LIGHTHOUSE.
    Hmm that sounds really good, I will have to look for that one.

As for me.. Trader Joe's sells a creamy ciltantro dressing that is also 1 pt ofr 2 tbsp. I cant for the life of me remember what the name of it is but it is really good!

Paul Newman's Light Balsamic Vinaigrette is wonderful. It costs a little more but is so worth it. Makes a great marinade too. Also the Champagne, Pear and Gorgonzola dressing from Trader Joe's is excellent on a spinach salad and it's a light dressing.
    Anne

Post Re: What is your favorite OP salad dressing?

I make my own - 1 point per serving. Here is what I'd use for a generous single serving salad (about 1-1/2 to 2 cups worth of salad)

1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 (or 2) teaspoon Colavita Balsamic Vinegar
    1 (or 2) teaspoon Loumidis Greek Balsamic Vinegar (it is like a cross between balsamic and red wine - nice depth of flavor)
    couple of shakes of McCormick Italian Seasoning - to taste
    couple of shakes of Cavender's Greek Seasoning - to taste
    1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic (from a jar, but you could mince your own and use 1 clove)

If I want more dressing, but not more points, I use the larger amount of vinegar. I really like this dressing - it is very tasty, and I can count it as one of my oil points for the day because I know how much is in it! I've gotten spoiled with it - I had salad at a restaurant the other day, and the dressing was way too thick and not nearly as flavorful as mine (it was a balsamic dressing).
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

Ken's Steak House Fat Free Raspberry Pecan
    • HW-142 CW-118
    • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

mochalattekona Guest

Follow Your Heart Lo Fat Ranch. Found in the produce department with the other refrigerated dressings. One point for 1/4 cup.

This one sounds great for 1.4 C. Almost too good to be true. Cant wait to see if my store carries it.

WrappinMama Guest

I got some of the dressing I mentioned above.. it's called "Trader Joe's Cilantro Salad Dressing, Reduced Fat"

Original huh?? LOL!

Values are:

50 cal/3.5 fat/0 fiber

1 pt per 2 tbsp.

Replies

I make my own this way.

2 tbls. of FF mayo--1pt
    1 tbl of any dressing ( 2pts for 2 tlbs.) I use Vidalia onion--1pt

Mix together and it is delish!! I usually don't need the whole 3 tlbs but its 2 pts for all. Can change the flavor by changing the dressing.
    SW.....220
    CW.....154
    GW.....155
    PGW...150

life is short---live it to the fullest!

Replies
    Blog Entries

I like the Annie's Naturals, but usually I make my own - 2 tsp oil to 2 tsp mustard, salt, pepper and any spices that sound good; whisk!
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Hailey Guest

I love ff balsamic vinegarette.

I use Newman's Light Balsamic. I first tried it on a Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad @ Mickey's D's and loved it. I was so happy when I found it at Target. We also use almost every variety of Light Done Right dressings from Kraft. I'm so picky with Ranch dressings, and this is the only "light' kind that I will use. Their House Italian w/olive oil is really yummy, as well as the raspberry dressing.

Replies

I just recently found two and I love them both.

Galeos
    World's Best Miso Caesar
    1 T
    14 calories, 1 g fat, .5 g fiber
    I found it at Albertson's in the refrigerated section near the vegetables and salads.

Trader Joes' Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
    (w/ Jalapeno and Fresh Cilantro)
    2 T
    70 calories, 4 g fat, 0 fiber
    I didn't think this was overly spicy.

Diane
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

My absolute favorite for the past year - Toasted sesame oil / balsamic (different flavors) vinegar.

Knowledge is POWER.

SW: 198.4; CW: 166; GW: 155.0

I have 2 current favorites!!!! South Beach Diet Ranch is REALLY GOOD!!! I use to love ranch dressing, but then when I joined WW, i obviously couldnt have it. I'm not fond of low fat ranches, but this one is actually good!! But 2nd fav is Paul Newmans Honey Mustard. Both of these dressings are 1pt for each tablespoon!
    Jenn
    Working towards 50lbs in 2010

230/500 minutes exercised in March.

I love O'Charleys LF Honey Mustard. It is 1pt for 2 tblsp.

I cant stand the smell of balsmic vinigar so that rules out a lot of gressings for me.
    Sharon

21. Default Re: What is your favorite OP salad dressing?

I recently tried Litehouse Pomegranate Blueberry vinaigrette and absolutely loved it. Though I do not mind them, I am not the biggest fan of green salads. However, since I bought this dressing I have been having a salad everyday for the past week. My husband also picked out a bottle of Litehouse Tangy Citrus and he loves it. I thought it tasted good, but the Pom-Blueberry is the better of the two, in my opinion. I plan to try more of the Litehouse dressings in the future.
    Jayne
    ---