Thread: Help with Recipe!! Thanks!

Default Help with Recipe!! Thanks!

If someone has a spare moment and Mastercook, could you put this in for me and tell me how many points please. Thanks a bunch!!

Northern Italian Pasta Shell Stuffing(Paula Deen)

6-8 servings

3 packages frozen, chopped spinach
    3 pounds ground round
    2 (8-ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, softened
    2 large onions, chopped
    Grated Parmesan
    Salt and pepper
    2 jumbo eggs
    1 (1-pound) package jumbo pasta shells
    2 cups tomato sauce (your own or ready-made)

Place frozen spinach in a strainer and run under hot water until thawed. Squeeze all of the water out and place in a large bowl. In a large saute pan, cook the ground round until browned. Drain meat, reserving 2 tablespoons fat in the pan, and place meat in the same bowl with the spinach. Stir in the cream cheese until blended with the meat and spinach. Saute the chopped onions in the reserved meat fat until transparent. Transfer onions to the bowl with the other ingredients and stir to combine. Add grated cheese, salt, and pepper, to taste, and combine. Let mixture cool and then add the eggs. The filling can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated until ready to use.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta shells in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and cool to the touch. Stuff the shells with the meat mixture. Place shells in a large baking pan and cover with tomato sauce. Cover with foil and bake for approximately 1 hour. Serve.

I am actually going to half this recipe as I do not need to cook 3lbs of ground round. I am going to use ground sirloin which is has a little less fat then the round. Thanks a bunch!!
    Nikki
    SW 230.6(01/15/11)
    CW 199.9(1/20/12)

Default Re: Help with Recipe!! Thanks!

How much grated Parmesan?

This is for 8 servings without the Parmesan. Now this is based on the NI in the MC database. You're ingredients could change the NI.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Northern Italian Pasta Shell Stuffing(Paula Deen)

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    3 packages frozen chopped spinach
    3 pounds ground round
    16 ounces fat-free cream cheese
    2 large onions -- chopped
    Grated Parmesan
    Salt and pepper
    2 jumbo eggs
    1 pound jumbo pasta shells
    2 cups tomato sauce

Place frozen spinach in a strainer and run under hot water until thawed. Squeeze all of the water out and place in a large bowl. In a large saute pan, cook the ground round until browned. Drain meat, reserving 2 tablespoons fat in the pan, and place meat in the same bowl with the spinach. Stir in the cream cheese until blended with the meat and spinach. Saute the chopped onions in the reserved meat fat until transparent. Transfer onions to the bowl with the other ingredients and stir to combine. Add grated cheese, salt, and pepper, to taste, and combine. Let mixture cool and then add the eggs. The filling can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated until ready to use.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta shells in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and cool to the touch. Stuff the shells with the meat mixture. Place shells in a large baking pan and cover with tomato sauce. Cover with foil and bake for approximately 1 hour. Serve.

I am actually going to half this recipe as I do not need to cook 3lbs of ground round. I am going to use ground sirloin which is has a little less fat then the round. Thanks a bunch!!

S(Internet Address):
    "http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120072"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 757 Calories; 33g Fat (39.3% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 59g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 192mg Cholesterol; 943mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Default Re: Help with Recipe!! Thanks!

Thank you soo very much!!!! I have to scale this recipe down some and eat it with some FPs! Only for special occasions!
    Nikki
    SW 230.6(01/15/11)
    CW 199.9(1/20/12)