Thread: Things to do with Cream Cheese?

Avarweth Guest

Default Things to do with Cream Cheese?

I went to the grocery store for a couple of things, and walked out with a tub of garden vegetable cream cheese. I got lucky, I guess - I hadn't eaten lunch yet, and *everything* I passed looked good.

So I have a tub of cream cheese - other than spreading it on my whole wheat english muffins, what do I do with it?

I'm sure there are lots of satisfying ways to eat it and stay on points... any and all ideas would be appreciated!

Replies

Default Re: Things to do with Cream Cheese?

I use cream cheese in place of butter, usually I use Laughing Cow and it is great with baked potatos on a wrap or on toast, I also use it on my burgers.
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever, Tinkerbell

SW 09/20/05 - 367.6

CW - 248.4*Down -118.6

Replies

Cream cheese and Celery makes a great low pt snack! I mostly use the Laughing cow now but I did find some FF starwberry cream cheese today at Super Walmart!! I will probably put that on a lite english muffin or WW bagel. Hmmm-bet that might taste good in celery too
    SW.....220
    CW.....154
    GW.....155
    PGW...150

life is short---live it to the fullest!

4. Default Re: Things to do with Cream Cheese?

I really like light or FF cream cheese (or laughing cow) on crackers; melba rounds or wasa.
    Kelly

SW: 184.8
    RSW: 179.4 (4/11/07)
    CW: 163 (-1 7/20/07)
    PGW: 130

I love the vegetable flavored cream cheese as a dip for baby carrots.
    Janice
    Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Replies

ham rollups are fast and easy. Take a slice of good deli ham. Spread with a thin layer of the cream cheese. Roll up a green onion inside.

Personally, I don't care for ham, cream cheese, or onions, so I don't eat the things. But I know all sorts of people who love these! ;-)
    Nikki
    SW: 183 (1/8/06)
    CW:145
    WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)
    next minigoal: Get back into the 130s

Chicken Roll Ups: Mix cream cheese, salsa, and shredded cooked chicken together on the stove top. Spoon mixture into low fat tortilla shells, roll them up, put seam side down, and bake at 350 degress for about 10 minutes. Yummy!
    • HW-142 CW-118
    • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

You could also make turkey-spinach rollups. Take a WW tortilla, spread with a light layer of cream cheese, add 1 oz. deli-sliced tukey and fresh spinach leaves. Roll up and enjoy!
    Heidi

SW: 244.8
    CW: 239.4

Avarweth Guest

I just have to say *THANKS* for some really great ideas!

grandmasugar Guest

I like all the cream cheese ideas - now I have a question. Can you heat fat free cream cheese? I have a corned beef dip recipe that calls for 8 oz cream cheese and 16 oz sour cream heated together - then add corned beef and onions - serve with crackers. Very good, but can it work the fat free way? Newbie here - did I do this right, or should I have started a new thread?

Avarweth Guest

Welcome to the forum - I would say to start a new thread with your question - people may not see it otherwise.

grandmasugar Guest

Thanks, Avarweth, I will do that.

Hailey Guest

I like to make an omelet with plain eggbeaters chopped red onions, and red peppers then put a Tbsp of lowfat garden veggie cream cheese on the eggs before I fold it over. ( FYI if I have left over corn on cob I shave the corn off the cob with a sharp knife, and also add the corn to the omelet).

AKateisaKate Guest

Chicken Roll Ups
    I was just about to post those! You can put a lot of things in them. They're spanish. I made it for my spanish class once.

15. Default Re: Things to do with Cream Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepink
    I really like light or FF cream cheese (or laughing cow) on crackers; melba rounds or wasa.
    Me too! I love it on Ryvita crisp breads.
    Jayne
    ---

I love cream cheese, especially with chocolate. In fact, "use it is some chocolate creation" was the only answer I could think of to your question. So I didn't post. The real truth, for now as I work to loose my weight is I can't eat cream cheese and limit my intake to 20 points and still feel satisfied/not hungry.

Once I start maintence, I might do this on occassion, but I'll still have to use it once and then throw it out, or give it away.
    The road to success runs uphill. Willie Davis

- Rebecca -
    Lifetime - June 26, 2006
    1 year, 8 months and no looking back
    SW 143/GW 125/CW 120.5/PGW 114

starbrite Guest

sorry on another note-- i use fat free philadelphia creme cheese
    its 0 points! per tbsp

yey
    and really it tastes THE SAME. normally it doesnt, and i shell out all the points for the real deal.
    but this is the same same

now to find a low point bagel

starbrite Guest

if you buy knorr veggie dip mix- you can make a fantastic dip
    i alter mine...
    take dried soup packet, the lower cal the better. i like veggie.
    instead of adding water to make a soup, mix it in with your creme cheese (plain is best). and you have a low cal dip!

Melt it with some garlic, s&p and ff milk and maybe some parmesean cheese over WW pasta- or over veges.

Or maybe add some splenda, and a drop of almond or vanilla extract and FF milk to make an icing for spice/pumpkin cake........

Sour cream, cream cheese, are pretty interchangable unless you are baking. Then you have to follow the recipe.

Baking is a science, cooking is a free-for-all.

I still have many more successes as failures in the kitchen. Don't be afraid and experiment!
    ~Nancy in SJ

HW 152
    CW 144
    GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

Starbrite- WW has bagels. In my grocery store they are with all the other bagels. They are 2 pts. per bagel. I think they are really good! I eat them with the chive and onion light cream cheese or make a sandwich by toasting the bagel and spraying it with spray butter. I cook 1/4 of southwestern egg beaters and put a piece of 2% cheese (1PT) on it's soooo good. I feel like I'm cheating.

Kristen
    SW 245/CW 153/GW 150/