Thread: Can you recommend some low point bread???

gingham*grasshopper Guest

Default Can you recommend some low point bread???

I was in the bread aisle for at least 1/2 hour today and almost left in tears. I couldnt find anything less than one point per slice.

What did I miss????????

i am wanting this to make the french toast that Joanne posted.

THanks so much!!!!!

Default Re: Can you recommend some low point bread???

Well the weight watchers breads are 1 point for 2 slices and most of the light breads 1 point for 2 slices/ makes sure that you are taking into consideration the fiber content of the bread which does lower the points even thought the calories are high.

Melinda
    Recommit Day:2/24/2008 280.2
    Weigh In Date: 04/05/2008-269.40 -.8
    GW 160-165

Replies

I buy Sara Lee "Delicious" Bread...it comes in three types...white, wheat and whole grain I believe. It is a little pricey but very good. Two slices of bread equal one point. Sara Lee also has "Delicious" bagels which are full size and two points. Hope this helps you.

Thanks!!!!
    I dont have a point slider yet (I have a point calculator on my computer......but cant take that to the store with me. )

I'll take a look at those next time I am there. I was just trying to go by calories............wasnt thinking about how the fiber would figure in. I'll have to go to the store sometime when my husband is home so he can look them up for me while I am there. But this helps tons though!!!! I know where to start now!

Thanks!!!!!!!!

I get Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Bread Light

For 2 slices:

Calories: 80
    Total Fat: 0.5
    Dietary Fiber: 7 g (but I use the cap of 4 to calculate WW points)

Comes to 1 point for 2 slices.
    Get set with the right mind set.

If it has under 100 calories and 4 grams or more of fiber and less than 2 g of fat for 2 slices then it's 1 point for 2 slices. There are at least 5 brands here in TX each with a couple "flavors" that meet these criteria. Look for "light" or Low calorie in the name. I've recently switched to a sugar free wheat bread that I like. But the Sara Lee De-Lite-ful and the 35 calorie bread are good too. What part of the country are you in? Maybe a buddy in that area can give you more exact advice?
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

We use Healthy Life bread (wheat, white, italian, rie and buns) 2 slices one point. The wheat is not as good as the others.
    Jeannette
    SW 1/7/06 231.6
    CW 9/18/08 176.0
    Lifetime status 3/3/07
    2nd baby due 5/18/08

Tiffy_Sugar Guest

I use Wonder Bread's "light". It comes in white, wheat, italian, and sourdough! They also have hamburger buns and hot dog buns that are normal size that have 1g fat, 4 or 5g fiber and 80 calories for the whole darn bun! I use the hamburger buns with a soy burger (1pt) and load up on the tomatoes, onions, lettuce, pickles, and saute'ed mushrooms (saute'ed with butter flavored cooking spray) fat free mayo and ketchup for a nice 2.5 pt HUGE and oh sooooo filling burger! Yummy!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Snuggles720 Guest

I buy the WW bread (2 slices for 1 point) but I know that Pepperidge Farm Light bread is 3 slices for 1 point - which might be good if you're having french toast. Hope this helps!

Replies

I prefer the Safeway Cracked or Whole Wheat Bread, which is 1 pt per slice. It's 70 cal, .5 g fat, and can't remember how much fiber per slice.
    Darci
    224.2/175/165
    Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

mpayne9205 Guest

Nature's Own Double Fiber whole wheat bread is 1pt for 2 slices and tastes AWESOME!!! It also has 5g of fiber *per slice*.

I have recently found that ShopRite light jewish rye is 1 pt for 2 slices (the same with Manichiewicz lite rye). With 1 T of light butter I have a wonderful snack for only 2 pts. I like it since it has the caraway seeds in it that I love (unlike the WW rye which only comes in seedless) and it is much cheaper!

We also found a nice substantial loaf of light italian with sesame seeds on the top which is really good.

I would love to find a really good sourdough that was light. I haven't seen the Wonder sourdough light but will look for it.

I have looked everywhere for Sara Lee breads, but I am not sure they sell them here in the Northeast.

Kim165 Guest

If you live by a hostess store you can buy light white and light wheat breads for 2 for $1.69 and it is 1pt for 2 slices.Jewel has light hotdog and hamburger buns for 1pt too.

Anibas Guest

Default Nature's Own ....

Quote Originally Posted by mpayne9205
    Nature's Own Double Fiber whole wheat bread is 1pt for 2 slices and tastes AWESOME!!! It also has 5g of fiber *per slice*.
    Yeah, what mpayne said. Both the Nature's Own "Lite" varieties and their new Double Fiber variety are 1 point per 2 slices and they actually taste GOOD.

Some weeks ago, I got my first -- and LAST -- loaf of Weight Watcher's bread. It tastes YUCKY ... flat and flavorless (even my WW leader agrees). Plus it costs a whopping $3.29 per loaf.

The Nature's Own is very tasty bread and costs a lot less than WW bread. About $2.39 a loaf, IIRC.

~anibaS~

starbrite Guest

I use healthy life brand. it is the best. it has hot dog buns, hambburger buns, bread slices, all for one point.

and that's 2 bread slices = 1 point. its easy to find anywhere, normally in the bread aisle or deli aisle/bakery aisle.

i normally add a ff cheese slice on the bread and it equals = 2 points. which is great, bc in the past the regular stuff ive bought was around 5-6 points.

so hooray!!

this bread comes in white, rye, wheat, whole wheat, many flavors.

http://www.healthylifebread.com/prod...n=6&category=1

and its cheaper i think than other breads. It caught my eye at the beginning because it was the cheapest.

I absolutely love the Sara Lee De-Light-Ful (or however she spells it!) Super yum!! I believe it's 1 pt for 2 slices? I've gone core and haven't bought it in a while - but it's all I would buy when I was on flex. Very soft and light.
    RainyBabie

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo!

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Quote Originally Posted by RainyBabie View Post
    I absolutely love the Sara Lee De-Light-Ful (or however she spells it!) Super yum!! I believe it's 1 pt for 2 slices? I've gone core and haven't bought it in a while - but it's all I would buy when I was on flex. Very soft and light.
    Totally agree! Even my DD10 who LOVES enriched white bread only finds this bread tolerable enough to eat, so that alone should be proof enough it tastes good! LOL And at 1 point for 2 slices, you can't go wrong!
    "Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

When I first saw this on the forum list, I thought, oh, I'll have to tell them about the Sara Lee Delightful bread. You all beat me to it. It really is a good bread, a fluffy one, not dense.
    Tish
    Onward and Downward