Thread: help making pork chops

yodajen Guest

Default help making pork chops

Hello everyone, tonigth I Am cooking two pork chops does anybody have any Ideas how to cook them , trying new recipes since I am not a cook. please help.

maddydoodle Guest

Default Re: help making pork chops

My favorite way to make them is to season them (pepper, mrs dash, etc) and broil them for about 8 minutes on each side. I find they come out incredibly juice and flavorful. I usually will have veggies or salad on the side.

minibuttercookie Guest

i like to put them in the slow cooker with tastefully simple's "onion onion" and "garlic garlic." yummy!

Replies

You would need to figure the points accordingly, but a simple recipe that is pretty tasty is Stuffed Pork Chops. I would brown and season the chops either method. You can either actually slice a pocket in the chop and place the stuffing in the chop or simply place stuffing on the bottom of a pan and place browned & seasoned chops on top and top with Healthy Request Mushroom Soup, mixed with about 1/2 of the water or milk that it calls for, and bake for nearly an hour. COVERED. Any stovetop flavor works fine. Just mix the stuffing according to directions.
    I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream
    Yesterday's Regret
    Is Today's Opportunity.

Salsa_1960 Guest

I like to marinate them in Kraft Fat Free Zesty Italian Salad Dressing and then, like maddydoodle, broil them for 8 minutes on each side. I buy the lean butterfly pork chops. A 4 oz boneless lean butterfly pork chop with a little FF dressing on it comes to 5 points.

Sandy

Replies

I season mine and throw um on the george foreman.

KAYCHOLLYWOOD Guest

i like to use " oven fry" its like shake and bake but i think it taste so much better, and its for pork chops. just adds 1 more point to your chop quick and easy too

subsitute the pork chops for chicken in the cola chicken recipe--it makes the cooks tender and tasty!!!http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...ad.php?t=52168
    TLC
    "Be like a postage stamp, stick to something until you get where you are going..."
    Starting date: 8-15-05
    SW: 197.4
    10% target: 19
    CW: 181.0
    "You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there."
    www.picturetrail.com/kimjomom

I put chops in the crock pot with a little chopped onion and garlic, a little salt, pepper and garlic powder. After a few hours I add in 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms.
    About an hour before dinner, I move the meat etc. to one side of the crock, tilt it so all the juices run over to the side, then add a can of the reduced fat cream of mushroom soup and mix together. It is soooo yummy!!

The "gravy" is thick and rich. I serve this with mashed pots and pour some gravy on top of those. I have also added a can of green beans to the crock with the mushrooms. We usually have a salad with this. I actually have this going for dinner tonight.

Oh, I also put my chops in frozen. If you only use a few TBS. of sauce, it's really low in points!

Salsa_1960 Guest

Hey Stefnee,

Love your avatar.
    It says it all, doesn't it?

~Sandy