Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap

Default Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap

I've had several people ask me for the "recipe" for this from my menu postings, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it here so I can link to it in the future.
    It's one of my favorite breakfasts!

I just take a lo carb, high fiber tortilla (1 pt) and spread it with 1 tbs of natural peanut butter or almond butter (2 pts) and put a small banana (1 pt) on it and roll it up. Sometimes I drizzle a little sugar free chocolate syrup over the PB before I roll it up.

I can't take credit for the idea. I'm pretty sure I read about it here. I want to say Michele (lafnsing) posted about something similar on a weird foods thread.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

Default Re: Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap

trying this tomorrow I think. I LOVE banana's and pb...SO yummy. Thanks for sharing. I have started using the lowcarb tortillas for LOTS of things, they keep me full for a LONG time....

MrsD
    I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174
    current weight 161
    recommittment loss 3 pounds

angelbaby27 Guest

Had to use a regular tortilla for this, because it's all I had in the house, so a few more points, but soooooo good and filling!!

123Read Guest

Thanks, Joanne! I can't wait to make this!

Thanks Joanne. I have to say that I was also wondering what this treat was when I would see it in your daily menu.

Tina
    250/138/140/130

112 pounds lost so far!!!!

My newest accomplishment: BodyAttack Instructor!!!!!

"If you kind of work the program, you kind of lose weight. If you really work the program, you really lose weight!"

See my pictures at: http://www.picturetrail.com/missmath

6. Default Re: Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap

I've done this quesadilla-style and spread almond butter, chocolate syrup, and banana on one half of a tortilla, and then heated in a skillet until browned on both sides. So good!
    Suzie

ShrinkingDaisy Guest

Made this today for breakfast. It was great! I have to admit I wasn't sure how filling it would be, but, I had it with my coffee and I am stuffed!! Well, worth the points! Thanks for sharing Joanne!

GingieSue Guest

Had this today it was heavenly! Thank you Joanne!

Replies

I used to grill pb and banana in tortilla's ~ I forgot. Thanks for the mention, how does one forget something so wonderful?

Blessings,
    MrsD
    I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174
    current weight 161
    recommittment loss 3 pounds

i tried this today it was sooo good and very filling. Thanks for a great new breakfast or treat.. My boyfriends daughter loved it too!
    SW-317.2
    CW-285.00

Goal is to drink all my water...

http://joyzloozinit.extrapounds.com/

Talking Re: Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsdela
    I used to grill pb and banana in tortilla's ~ I forgot. Thanks for the mention, how does one forget something so wonderful?

Blessings,
    MrsD
    I love the Adoption Prayer - I have it in a small gold frame that has been next to my bed for as long as I can remember! I share it with everyone I know who has been or plans on adopting...!

And BTW - PB and Banana - when I was training to walk the Breast Cancer 3 day - PB and Banana on Wheat bread was the best breakfast - didn't 'sit' in my tummy and kept me going for a while! I'll have to try it with the tortillas! YUM!
    Summer Challenge: 8 pound loss
    week 1 4/13: -0.6
    week 2 4/20: -1.6
    week 3 4/27: +2.6
    Back up to my starting weight, frustrated and decided to continue on my own....so much for the summer challenge...

Andi

2/23: SW: 130.6
    4/27: 130.6
    10%: 117
    PG: 115

Replies

I made the Peanut Butter and banana with the tortilla wrap. OOOOh so good!!! I spread 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter on the wrap and added a sliced banana on one half side of it. Folded it over and put it in pan sprayed with a little Pam spray. Then added 2 tlbs of carmel DiVinci syrup to pan. I think I am in love!!!!! I feel like Elvis!
    SW.....220
    CW.....154
    GW.....155
    PGW...150

life is short---live it to the fullest!

OOOH! I can't wait to try it warm this weekend. During the week I roll it up and carry it in the car with me on the way to work.

I've always liked grilled PB&J sandwhiches and I like to sautee banana slices with some Davinci SF Pancake syrup and some cinnamon, but the thought of warm PB with warm banana makes my heart sing! Thanks for all the great ideas, buddies! That's just one of the reasons I love this board so much! :bcbsalute
    Joanne

I never thought of the tortilla. I would just split the banana down the center (not totally in half though) and put the peanut butter inserted in the middle slice like you would stuff a celery stick. Then just eat like that. I am definitely a peanut butter junkie.

Knowledge is POWER.

SW: 198.4; CW: 166; GW: 155.0

I'm sad to say I didn't really care for the quesadilla style. It's weird. I love warm bananas and I love the PB wrap and I like grilled PB&J but I didn't like it with the warm PB and banana in the tortilla. hmmm. I guess I'll stick with my roll up.
    Joanne

Okay - I'm hooked! I've switched to Soy Nut butter which is about the same points at PB, but I'm not tempted to dunk a spoon into the jar so it's better to have around the house! I found some Mission tortillas that are only 1pt...so my breakfast this week has been banana/soynut butter and tortillas! I haven't even bothered to try to grill them...just eat it plain! Now I'll be buying bananas every 3 days...I'm very picky and don't like much (if any) brown on my bananas - so needless to say they have a shelf life of about 15 minutes in my house!

Thanks for the great idea!
    Summer Challenge: 8 pound loss
    week 1 4/13: -0.6
    week 2 4/20: -1.6
    week 3 4/27: +2.6
    Back up to my starting weight, frustrated and decided to continue on my own....so much for the summer challenge...

Andi

2/23: SW: 130.6
    4/27: 130.6
    10%: 117
    PG: 115

Quote Originally Posted by plcm111195
    I like to sautee banana slices with some Davinci SF Pancake syrup and some cinnamon :bcbsalute
    Oh my heck! What a great idea!!!! I love bananas forster, and I use flex points for it about oh, once a year. I'm going to beg DH to go to Super Wal-Mart for syrup as soon as he gets home from work!
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

I can't take credit for this one either. I found it on the BFL site when looking for ideas on how to eat more protein.
    Almost Bananas Foster

1 serving
    Ingredients:
    1 portion banana
    1 portion low-fat cottage cheese
    Sugar-free maple syrup

In a cereal bowl, cut banana into round sections about 1/2-inch thick, add your sized portion of cottage cheese and drizzle with sugar-free maple syrup. Bananas can be warmed in a skillet coated with Pam (butter flavor) to make this taste even more like the original.

Submitted By: Steve Merrill
    I just added some cinnamon cause I like it.
    Joanne

Where do you get the high fiber wraps?What brand name are they?
    This sounds good
    Kim

mom to 5 great kids

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

1 Cor. 10:31
    Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

What is the BFL site?
    Quote Originally Posted by plcm111195
    I can't take credit for this one either. I found it on the BFL site when looking for ideas on how to eat more protein.

I just added some cinnamon cause I like it.
    Kim

mom to 5 great kids

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Quote Originally Posted by blessthishome
    What is the BFL site?
    Body for Life. I don't follow the program but came across it doing a search for cottage cheese recipes.
    Joanne

Thanks for the bananas foster recipe! I was driving home tonight thinking, "I should try to eat more cottage cheese" and was a little short on ideas. Thanks again!
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

asking again, what kind of high fiber wraps? What brand name are they?Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by blessthishome
    Where do you get the high fiber wraps?What brand name are they?
    This sounds good
    Kim

mom to 5 great kids

Replies

Great Idea guys!!! I will be trying this very soon.
    I Can DO IT!!

Starting Weight: 298
    Current Weight: 289.8

http://dawnski.extrapounds.com/

taking it one day and one step at a time...:walking:

Replies

I buy the LATortilla Factory Wraps. The large ones are 1 pt. the smaller ones are 2 for one pt.
    The large ones are 90 calories, 3 gr of fat and 13 gr of fiber==1pt.
    SW.....220
    CW.....154
    GW.....155
    PGW...150

life is short---live it to the fullest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast