Thread: I Need Help, Please!!!

Replies

Default I Need Help, Please!!!

Hi Everyone!

I am extremely computer savvy (been part of my daily work for almost 20 years). I have seen so much feedback from folks running their recipes through Mastercook that I absolutely had to have it. I didn't have a lot to spend. I find that eating healthier and attending WW is expensive enough, so I found a website to get Mastercook 7.0 at a price I could afford. I didn't want to wait for it to arrive so I went directly to a site that you could download it upon purchase. Well now the moron that I appear to be, I cannot figure it out at all and cannot for the life of me see what everyone is so in love with. PLEASE, I WILL TAKE ADVICE FROM ANY AND ALL.

This website has been my savior. I have lost over 13 lbs in my first month and it is all because of the motivation, support and wonderful recipes I have received here.

Thanks again.

Default Re: I Need Help, Please!!!

What I use the most with mine is, make a new recipe book. Then go and add your favorites, along with nutrition information. It allows you to figure points and play with favorite recipes, to make them low point. I use mine quite often, when I see a recipe in the paper, or a magazine. Sometimes I shudder when I find out just how many points a recipe has!
    Karen
    Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

Yep, I use it to adapt my fav recipes into low fat low cal ones. It's nice to have something that does all the math for you, lol. + It is a real nice way to organize all the recipes I find here and on other sites. I admit I wasn't too crazy about mine until I discovered all that it can do. (Took me awhile to find the "import assistant" and I almost gave up on it after having to enter the recipes ingredient by ingredient, lol. I can be such a dummy sometimes).

Replies

Thanks so much for your feedback. I really would love to get my hands on "Mastercook for Dummies". I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with it with having to add everything ingred. by ingred. I will have to check out the import feature. Thanks again.

Replies

Hi!

I didn't see this thread before, or I would have posted earlier. There are some great tutorials for MC at http://mc6help.tripod.com/tutorials.htm. Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MastercookDiscussion is a good place to find more information on the program (this group is run by the women who used to run the Mastercook help site when Sierra owned the program- they are TERRIFIC!!!!) and problems that people have encountered or general tips.

If you do a google.com search for "Mastercook help" or "mastercook tips" or even a generic "mastercook" search you shuold be able to find some stuff that might help. Be sure to check out the "groups" tab at google.com as well-sometimes people post things to newsgroups that will help.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

I find MasterCook to be a WW'ers best companion. You can input recipes, plan meals, make shopping lists, etc.

One EXTREMELY important thing is when you are going to use a recipe, do an INGREDIENT ANALYSIS and update each ingredient with the Nutrition Label off the package of food you are going to use. I will add an ingredient that is a specific brand I buy so I can get the most exact data for calories, fat, and fiber.

Sometimes the store brands may be a little lower in calories than national brands and MC uses the same USDA list that the national brands pull from.

For example, Campbells Cream of Mushroom soup may be 120 calories per serving and the GreatValue(WalMart) store brand is only 90 calories.
    In MC, the condensed cream of soup may be listed at 120 calores. So you lose 30 calories alone per serving.
    This might save you a couple of POINTS in a day alone.

Eventually, I will have a whole new ingredient list!

Glenn

Replies

Thank you all so much for your help and feedback. I am determined to master this software. Thanks again.
    Laurie
    Life Goal: To be half the size but TWICE the woman.
    283 / 283 / 145