Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another diet coke cake question!

Default Re: Another diet coke cake question!

Quote Originally Posted by suelu
    Hi, has anyone tried this pumpkin variation on the diet coke cake? any tips on making fool proof? do i have to mix the pumpkin with the diet coke then mix it into the mix or just throw them both in at the same time? i made something pretty bad for dessert last night and will probably have to chuck it today and so i really don't want a repeat of that...my DH HATES when i throw away a lot of food, even when i tell him it comes with the experimenting of cooking new things. so yeah, any help/tips to prevent a disaster?
    I've made spice cake with one 15oz can of pumpkin. No diet coke, just cake mix and pumpkin. Though I have heard some people add some water to thin it down if it's too thick, but I didn't add any water. I made muffins and they came out super moist and dense. Everyone loved them.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

hmm... so do you think the choc cake would work just as well with just the pumpkin? cuz fudgy choc cake is of course great. would adding diet coke just thin it out too then? and it will work as a cake right, not just as muffins? sorry for so many questions!
    Susan
    179/1169/120

I don't have personal experience with the chocolate or making a cake instead of muffins but I know some of the ladies at my meetings make the diet coke cake every week. I'm sure there are other buddies that have made this and can give you more feedback.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

I've made the choc cake with pumpkin.

I wouldn't use the diet coke at all if you are using pumpkin. If the batter is a little thick just thin it with up to a cup of water...just water

From that point you can make cupcakes, a 13x9 cake, or any of the other variations that the box suggests.
    Jessica

HW: 230 OSW: 218 (1/03)
    CW: 181.5 (9/8)

Jumping back on the wagon and not letting go!

Replies

thanks so much guys! now i'm off to make some yummy chocolate (pumpkin) cake =).
    Susan
    179/1169/120

6. Default Re: Another diet coke cake question!

Another great cake is angel food cake mix and a 16 oz can of crushed pineapples or light cherry pie filling. Mix and bake....it is that easy and wonderful with FF cool whip. Same as the diet coke cake you just count the points for the unprepared cake mix and the pineapples or pie filling. Very good!
    SW 245
    CW 185
    Goal 135
    60 Pounds Gone Forever
    Smoke Free 739 Days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12