Thread: Cranberry Popcorn Crunch

Annie00 Guest

Default Cranberry Popcorn Crunch

THis is from Whole Foods... I calculate it as 5 points, but it could easily be modified for less, if you want.
    http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/reci...orncrunch.html

Cranberry Popcorn Crunch

Made with pantry items, this is a fun, simple treat for kids and adults alike.

Serves 10

• 10 cups lightly salted popcorn
    • 2 cups semi-sweet real chocolate chips (12 oz bag)
    • 11/2 cups dried cranberries
    Spread popcorn out on a large rimmed baking sheet, should be one layer. (Or cover area of table or counter with wax paper/white freezer paper and spread one layer of popcorn on it, making sure all kernels are touching.) Sprinkle evenly with of the dried cranberries.

Melt the chocolate chips by either the stovetop or microwave.
    Stovetop
    Place the chips in a mixing bowl (glass or metal) placed over a pot of barely simmering water. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the boiling water so the chocolate won't burn. Stir often while melting.
    Microwave
    Heat at half power for two minutes at a time. Stir often to avoid burning.

Once chocolate is fully melted, transfer to a large heavy duty freezer bag that has been opened and set into a small bowl for support. Seal bag, carefully snip off a small part of one corner with scissors.

Working quickly, squeeze chocolate over popcorn and cranberries, keeping in mind the chocolate will help them stick together. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 of dried cranberries on the warm chocolate and popcorn. Let cool and chocolate will harden. Break into large or small chunks and store in an airtight container or sealed bag for up to two days.

Nutrition Info

Per Serving (60g-wt.): 250 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 2g protein, 42g total carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 30g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium

Replies

Default Re: Cranberry Popcorn Crunch

Oh YUM!! This would be one of those things that I would fudge the measurment of, or sneak a few into my mouth while I was measuring.

As I am pressed for time on most days (or lazy), I wonder you could put the popcorn into a bowl, add the cranberries, then pour the melted chocolate into the bowl and mix it up quickly. Then quickly spread it out onto a wax papered cookie sheet and sprinkle with remaning cranberries.

Can you tell I have no patience for "squeezing" the choclolate?:lol:!!
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood