Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Cookie Recipes

mrszotz Guest

Arrow Christmas Cookie Recipes

On the WW Calling All Moms board we had a Christmas Cookie Recipe swap. I just got done running them all through MasterCook and I created a webpage with all 84 recipes - I thought you might enjoy some of the recipes, too:

http://www.zotz.com/crafts/cooking/camchristmascookies05.htm

I've been getting more recipes this week and I'll add them at the end of the week so be sure check often!!

If you want to add any recipes just post them here and I'll add them to the file!!

Enjoy!!

Default Re: Christmas Cookie Recipes

What an awesome collection! thank you so very much. I'll post a few that i have at home in the next couple days. I love Christmas time!!
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

3. Default Re: Christmas Cookie Recipes

You can't imagine how helpful that post is!!!! I am fairly new to WW but doing well and I was very worried about "snacking" and treat-swapping. It is hard to count point when you have no idea wwhat they are worth. TTTHHHAAANNNKKK YYYOOUUU!

RosePetals

This is great! Thank you! Now I can indulge a bit, and know what I am eating, point-wise!

Thanks!
    Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Replies

Thanks, Mary! These are terrific!!!
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Incredible list of cookies and I appreciate that you included the WW points for each one! I am going to a cookie exchange tomorrow, so this list was a great help!!!

Happy Holidays!!
    Get set with the right mind set.

Wow Mary, what a great thing to do for us all! I was coming online to find some cookie recipes. I am giving mini tins of cookies to my friends, and most of us are trying to lose a few. You are so sweet, thanks again!

I made the Angel cookies today, they are GONE, my family has scarfed them down all day long. They are delicious.

Replies

Thanks, Mary! You are terrific!

Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/cathieb65

" A real friend never gets in the way- - unless you happen to be on the way down. "
    - Dr. Wayne Dyer

mrszotz Guest

I'm so glad you are all enjoying the recipes!! I will be adding about a dozen more recipes tonight!!

Those Angel Cookies are ones my grandma made every year. I included many of her recipes for that swap. I'm so happy you and your family liked them!!

11. Default Re: Christmas Cookie Recipes

We also loved the double cinnamon crinkles, although I couldn't find the cinnamon chips this year. I put butterscotch chips in instead, and added a little cinnamon to the batter.

The Cake Mix Chocolate Crinkles were also fabulous.

I made the Cake Mix Cappuchino Cookies too. They are more like miniature cakes. My kids didn't love them (devour them) like the other cookies so I used them for the black forest trifle that Paris Madeline posted last Christmas. They are perfect!

Thanks again, I am having friends over tomorrow night and we are all trying to watch our weight using various ways, I feel good that I am able to provide somewhat healthy sweets to them.

Replies

Thumbs up Re: Christmas Cookie Recipes

***bump***
    Darci
    224.2/175/165
    Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Mary! you know I love you (and not just for your recipes)

I hope to see you in 2006!

Lisa
    Be your own best friend every day.

Replies

Thumbs up Re: Christmas Cookie Recipes

OK, I made the Cake Mix Chocolate Crinkle Cookies using a chocolate cake mix, and they're delicious! Not too sweet, nice and cakey in the middle- wow! Very tastey and easy.
    Darci
    224.2/175/165
    Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Replies

Mary--that is so sweet of you to do all that work for us. Thanks so much. Have a wonderful Christmas and hope to see you around in 2006.
    Ellen
    SW: 205.4/CW:200.4/GW: 140

I"m going to try the cranberry sugar cookies this afternoon .... will post a review and let you know how they come. Thank you SO much for the webpage!

Review:
    The dough took a little bit of working to incorporate all the mix into the butter. Be sure to let your butter REALLY soften first.

The time 9 - 11 minutes was too long for my oven. It was more like 7 - 8 minutes for me.

They spread out a lot, probably because of the butter. I made the balls to come out at exactly 48 cookies as in the recipe, and the balls were small, but the cookies normal size after spreading. They reminded me of one of those lacy cookies (i forget the name) the way they spread and got brown on the edges.

i used a cranberry orange muffin mix, instead of just the cranberry muffin mix.

I sampled one (for 1.5 points) and it turned out great. Buttery, i added some orange zest and a half packet of orange scented craisins snipped with kitchen scissors.

You could probably make a similar recipe with any of the muffin mixes (thinking of lemon blueberry and a couple other varieties!)
    Last edited by BarbA; 12-17-2005 at 01:57 PM.
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

Me4Me Guest

I just made the Sugared Vanilla Cookies and they are really tasty. The cooking time calls for 10 minutes that was much too long...my first batch turned out dark and some were ruined all together I ended up cooking mine for roughly 7 minutes, but next time I may turn the oven temp down in addition to reducing the cooking time(slowly but surely, I'll find my way and figure things out).. Also, the recipe says to slice 1/4 inch thick, but I cut mine slightly thicker because I like a chewier cookie as opposed to crisp. But no matter how you decide to slice them, they are quite yummy. Thanks for posting all of these fantastic recipes!
    Last edited by Me4Me; 12-18-2005 at 10:21 PM.

I made a variation of the "Spicy Oatmeal Cookie" today. I used devil's food cake mix instead of spice and mini chocolate chips instead of the raisins. I kept all the other ingredients the same. They turned out so good!

Default Cookie Recipes

I just found this thread using the "search" feature. Anyway, DH grew up eating his mom's "cake cookies". She used 1 box of cake, 1 container of cool whip and one egg. Then she rolled them in balls of powdered sugar and baked. I have tasted them and they were wonderful. Strawberry cake mix is her favorite.

Anyway, to make a long story longer.... I came on here to search for a similar type cookie for DH and lo and behold, I found the chocolate crinkle cookie. Praise God, he will be so happy and I'll be able to have a couple too!

So thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to post these wonderful recipes!!

Replies

Bumping for Christmas Time coming up. This list looks wonderful!
    I MET MY GOAL!

SW: 208.4
    CW: 165
    GW: 165

21. Default Re: Christmas Cookie Recipes

I am so excited about this! In years past I have been known as the "cookie lady" among family and friends. Now I can make cookies that I can eat too!

I am going to try the Cake Mix Double Chocolate Crinkle Cookies and probably the Pumpkin Won-Tons for Thanksgiving. I am so excited!
    184.5/151/145
    My journey since 8.27.06

Replies

Ok, I can't open it this year....ACK!
    Linette

Lifetime: 2/9/06
    SW: 187
    GW: 150 I got down to 142 at my lowest weight...

Re-dedicating myself as of 01/04/11 NewSW:190
    CW: 173.0 (-17.) WOOT!!! (08/01/2011)

Proud mommy to Kiley Alyssa 6/25/03 and Marisa Gail 2/20/08

23. Default Re: Christmas Cookie Recipes

Thank you so much!!!!

Replies

Linette, have you been able to open it yet? If not, I can email you the whole collection if you PM me with an email address.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

kellyflower05 Guest

I can't open it either! Booo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast