Thread: Cinnamon Buns

Replies

Default Cinnamon Buns

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a great recipe for a points-friendly version of the classic "Cinnamon roll" complete with the icing on top? If so could you post (or re-post)?

MUCH thanks!!

Regards,
    Krystyne
    Last edited by hockeygirl; 11-20-2005 at 03:35 AM. Reason: typos galore
    Krystyne

SW =177.8 / CW = 168.0 / WWGW = 150 / PGW = 145
    Re-Start Date: Dec. 11/06 --- Loss to Date: 9.2 pounds!!

Default Re: Cinnamon Buns

Pillsbury makes "Sugar Free" (they are made with splenda) Cinnamin Rolls. For one roll, with icing, it's only 2 points. AND BELIEVE ME, they are very, very tasty...just like the originals. They also make Reduced Fat Cinnamin Rolls, but I found that the Sugar Free ones are lower in points. They come in a cardboard canister that you break open. I found them in the section of the produce-type foods near cheeses and yogurts and puddings.

Replies

I will do some research, I found a recipe made with small marshmellows and cinnamon that was just gooey and yummy and worked really really well. They were 1 point. Can't remember it exactly, though...so I look.

Blessings,
    MrsD
    I make a choice to choose the JOY of the LORD today...and tomorrow...and to make each day count for HIM.

start weight 174
    current weight 161
    recommittment loss 3 pounds

Replies

I posted a recipe over in Mess Hall magic, I can't find the link right now, but it's either on the first page or second page.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

EnchantedOne Guest

these are really good, no icing though

10 servings, 1 point each
    60 1/2 calories,1 gam fat, 0 grams fiber

1 7.5oz can refrigerated homestyle bisquits. The small ones that are 1 point each.
    1/4 cup splenda
    1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, you can add more if you like
    40 mini marshmallows

Preheat over to 400* spray 10 wells of a muffin tim with butter flavored cooking spray. seperate and flatten each bisquite into a 4 inch circle. in a small bowl combine splenda and cinnamon. Dip each biscuit into mixture. Place 4 marshmallows in the center and bring edges up to form a ball. Place in muffin tim seam side down.

bake for 8 to 10 minutes

to make these moister i spray each side with 2 sprays of i cant belive its not butter spray. no points for that.

these are very good and very gooey.

hope you enjoy.

EnchantedOne Guest

these are really good, no icing though

10 servings, 1 point each
    60 1/2 calories,1 gram fat, 0 grams fiber

1 7.5oz can refrigerated home style biscuits. The small ones that are 1 point each.
    1/4 cup splenda
    1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, you can add more if you like
    40 mini marshmallows

Preheat over to 400* spray 10 wells of a muffin tin with butter flavored cooking spray. separate and flatten each biscuit into a 4 inch circle. in a small bowl combine splenda and cinnamon. Dip each biscuit into mixture. Place 4 marshmallows in the center and bring edges up to form a ball. Place in muffin tin seam side down.

bake for 8 to 10 minutes

to make these moister i spray each side with 2 sprays of i cant believe its not butter spray. no points for that.

these are very good and very gooey.

hope you enjoy.

Don't they now make reduced fat biscuits...would these bring points down even lower, or no? Anyone know the NI on these?

DoVe88 Guest

Default This one has icing!

Mini Cinnamon Rolls
    2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp lite butter
    1/4 c powdered sugar
    1 1/2 tsp fat free cream cheese
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tube low fat pillsbury breadsticks

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a pan with non stick spray.

Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and butter in a sm bowl; set aside.

Seperate the breadsticks into 12 strips. Sprinkle the tops with the brown sugar mixture and roll each one into a spiral and seal the ends. Arrange on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart and bake until lightly golden, 15-18 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes.

To prepare frosting, combine the powdered sugar, cream cheese and vanilla in a small bowl, adding a few drops of water as needed to made a smooth, spreadable glaze. Drizzle over the topes of the warm rolls and let stand a few minutes to set. Serve warm.

Serves 8
    Points 2

3 rolls = 4 points

9. Default Re: Cinnamon Buns

These all sound sooo good!! Now I am hungry again, darn it!!!

10. Default Re: Cinnamon Buns

This is from Aimee's Adventures website. I haven't tried them but her picture of it sure looks good:

Cinnamon Rolls

1 (13.8 oz.) Can Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust
    2 Tablespoons Fat Free Margarine Spread
    1/2 cup Splenda Granular
    3 teaspoons Cinnamon
    1 Tablespoon Sugar
    1/2 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
    1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
    2 teaspoons Water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll the dough and press it out to 1/4 inch thickness onto the cookie sheet. Spread the margarine evenly over the dough. In a small bowl, combine the Splenda, cinnamon and sugar together. Sprinkle evenly over the dough. Roll the dough (jelly-roll style) starting from the long side of the dough. Once completely rolled, pinch the seam to seal. Cut into 12 pieces and place onto the prepared cookie sheet so that the cut side is facing up. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly. In a small bowl, mix together the confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract and water. If the icing is too thick, add a few drops of water at a time until it's thin enough to drizzle. Once the cinnamon rolls have cooled enough (you want them warm, but not hot), evenly drizzle the icing over the rolls and serve.

Serves: 12
    Per Serving: 110 Calories; 1g Fat (8.2% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 249mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 2

You can see a picture of this at http://www.aimeesadventures.com/Reci...ains/BG20.html
    SW-200
    CW-180
    GW-135