Thread: Key Lime Pie

Default Key Lime Pie

8 SERVINGS/3 POINTS EACH

1 BOX SUGAR-FREE LIME JELLO
    1/4 CUP BOILING WATER
    2 CONTAINERS (8 OZ) KEY LIME FLAVORED YOGURT
    1 8Z FF COOL WHIP (THAWED)
    1 REDUCED FAT GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST

Dissolve jello in boiling water. With wire whisk, stir in yogurt, with wooden spoon, fold in cool whip.

Transfer to crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours (preferrably overnight).
    TLC
    "Be like a postage stamp, stick to something until you get where you are going..."
    Starting date: 8-15-05
    SW: 197.4
    10% target: 19
    CW: 181.0
    "You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there."
    www.picturetrail.com/kimjomom

Default Re: Key Lime Pie

Hey Terry, Key lime pie is my fav! Have you tried this yet? Maybe a good thanksgiving pie???
    ~~Angela

5'2"
    Highest Weight-176
    CW 154
    GW 130

www.picturetrail.com/angelam_75

Nope, not personally, but it came highly recommended to me this morning by another WW member and she assures me it is too die for !!! I plan for DD to make this Sat morning. Will post back after I taste it. I absolutely adore key lime pie!!!!
    TLC
    "Be like a postage stamp, stick to something until you get where you are going..."

SusaninNC Guest

Kim, how was it?? I made it last night and my DH ate a piece when he got home from work early this am. I didn't ask him how it was since he went to bed before I got up this am, LOL! I don't want to eat a piece now since lunch is coming soon.

Replies

I make this type of pie regularly and it is yummy. I wasn't on WW last year, but I've been making this pie for a while. My family last year ate ALL of my pie and left the full fat stuff and they are NOT the lowfat type. You can vary the flavors to make whatever kind you want. Black cherry, raspberry, orange creamsicle is one of our favs (orange yogurt is hard to find but you could use peach yogurt and orange jello) the variations are limitless.
    *Jeanne*
    Good things come to those who wait. GREAT things come to those who get off their butts and work for it!!

Finally got a chance to make this pie and let me tell you it is delicious!!! It is a recipe you can make really quick and take with you somewhere and noone would ever guess it was WW. The recipe made a little bit more than the crust would hold so I put it in a small bowl and ate it just like that. IT IS THAT GOOD!!
    TLC

7. Talking Re: Key Lime Pie

I made the Key Lime for Thanksgiving,A big hit,So I did a Strawberry one.A bigger hit.Hubby said it was just like eating Strawberries.And I always have more filling than pie crust will hold.Also did my crust with spray ICBINTB and crushed low-fat graham cracker crumbs.

Glenna:clown:

8. Default Re: Key Lime Pie

This is made on a regular basis in my house. It is delicious frozen too! Just defrost for a few minutes and you have a delicious dessert!

:bcbsalute MT
    MT

Replies

I have never been able to make this pie since I cannot find the lime yogurt (apparently Canadians prefer Mocha Banana Coconut over simple Lime. Weird.), but it's nice to know that it can be made with different flavours.

I told my husband since we're going to the Florida Keys over New Years for 2 weeks I get to have REAL Key Lime Pie (being pregnant has it's advantages. )
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

how long should this defrost for? would an hour be sufficient? i'm making it for a church function tonight.

11. Default Re: Key Lime Pie

It depends on how you want to serve it and the temperature of your apartment. At home my DH likes it to sit out only about 5 minutes or so, but to me that's still too frozen. I like mine to sit for about 10 - 12 minutes. If you leave it sit any longer then you just won't have a frozen dessert. It does not have to be frozen at all!

:bcbsalute MT
    MT

12. Default Re: Key Lime Pie

BUMPING UP for dessert this week MT
    MT

Replies

I made the Key Lime Pie this weekend and it is oh so good!!!! DH loves it too and will definitely make it again. Easy to make and tastes fantastic!!!!
    "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." Tommy Lasorda

Replies

This IS good! If you are a fiber freak like me, or just want to get in some extra fiber in a pain-free way (like 7 grams for 1/8 of the pie!!!)...try making your crust out of:
    2 c. fiber one cereal
    1 T. splenda (sometimes I even leave this out... the cereal is a little bit sweet)
    1-2 T. light margerine, melted
    buzz all of this up in the food processer, press it into you pie plate and bake at 375 for 8-10 min. Then cool and proceed with the recipe. I use this alot and change up the jello/yogurt flavors.
    Last edited by chefbna; 01-22-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Replies

Just to update- Hungrygirl.com has a pie similar to this posted on their site today. It is also very good. 4 points for that one if I am not mistaken though- due to all of the fat in the margerine, Iwould assume.

Replies

I ran my way of making the crust and the rest of the pie the same way as Hungy Gil did, and it calculated out to be 2 points!!!! WOuld somebody besides me please try this!!! It is so good!

Replies

I made this today, oh my gosh I loved it. I froze it and it was amazing. I love key lime pie so I was so happy to come across this recipe.

So how do you make the fat free/low cal crust?

Replies

I make the crust as I posted below- It is really good. Not fat free, but low fat. No sugar, and & g. of fiber added to your daily intake!

This IS good! If you are a fiber freak like me, or just want to get in some extra fiber in a pain-free way (like 7 grams for 1/8 of the pie!!!)...try making your crust out of:
    2 c. fiber one cereal
    1 T. splenda (sometimes I even leave this out... the cereal is a little bit sweet)
    1-2 T. light margerine, melted
    buzz all of this up in the food processer, press it into your pie plate and bake at 375 for 8-10 min. Then cool and proceed with the recipe. I use this alot and change up the jello/yogurt flavors.

Oh duh, haha thanks I guess I did not see that above that you had already posted the crust recipie. Thanks tho so much for restating it, I appreciate it!
    ~Keep on Keepin on~

This was delicious! I think im going to try it with lemon jello and lemon meringue yogurt next time!
    Dana

SW 350
    CW 313
    GW 180

22. Default Re: Key Lime Pie

Dana~
    This is still our favorite pie. I made it two weeks ago and DH asked for it again last week. I didn't want to make Key Lime two weeks in a row, so I used raspberry Jello and mixed berry yogurt. It was terrific. Let me know how the Lemon flavor comes out.
    MT
    MT

divinroatan Guest

Here's another version of key lime pie. This one is from (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/print/?id=122900). I changed RF crust to the Fiber One crust found on this forum, which I think makes this about 4 points . . .

Easy and Delicious Reduced-Fat Key Lime Pie

4 teaspoons grated lime zest
    4 large egg yolks
    cup fresh lime juice (from about 3 to 4 limes)
    1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
    1 Fiber One pie crust
    3 cups fat-free nondairy whipped topping

Place oven rack in center position and heat oven to temperature directed on pie crust package.
    While oven heats, make filling: In a medium glass mixing bowl whisk lime zest and egg yolks together for 2 minutes or until combined and green in color. Beat in sweetened, condensed milk until combined. Beat in lime juice and set mixture aside at room temperature to thicken, about 15 minutes.

For the crust: Prepare according to recipe.

Pour thickened filling into pre-baked crust, smoothing surface. Bake 15-17 minutes or until center begins to firm, yet wiggles slightly when jiggled. Cool pie on wire rack and then chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
    Prior to serving, spread nondairy whipped topping evenly on pie.

Serves eight.

24. Default Re: Key Lime Pie

I made this (the original recipe in the first post) and it is very good. I did not make a crust at all - just plan to eat it as a creamy or frozen dessert. I tried it semi-frozen, and think I prefer it that way.

Using SF Jell-O plus Publix brand FF Whipped Topping and FF Light Key Lime Pie Yogurt, the total calories are 820 - no fat or fiber.

I wanted to know exactly how much I had by weight, so I could weigh a serving and figure the points that way - so I weighed it after mixing, and had 25.5 ounces; 820 divided by 25.5 = 32.156 calories per ounce

I would like it a bit more "limey" - next time, I may put some lime (or maybe lemon) juice in the 1/4 cup of water the Jell-O is dissolved in. Or what would happen if I used an extra 1/2 tsp or so of the Jell-O powder? Anyone have an idea?
    Rose

HW:175
    WW Goal: 136
    Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006
    Personal Goal: 118-123
    CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)
    BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
    Wayne Dyer

I made this for St. Patrick's Day. We decided that we prefer it without the crust - just the filling. Very yummy. I was worried about a "diet" taste with the sugar-free jello, but didn't find that at all. Even the kids chowed down on it.

I'm looking forward to trying it in different flavors now. I think this may be the thing to defeat my cheesecake cravings!
    Nita

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast