http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...ad.php?t=55907

The post re: the chicken and dumplings LOOKED innocent enough.
I tried to copy it into my MC cookbook for WW slow cooker recipes.

THe nutritional info came out all wrong.

SO i entered some of the 98% fat free data cream of chicken soup, etc. I thought that would fix it ... Wrong

I entered data re: the grands low fat biscuits ... that wasn't it ... the ingredient analysis showed the 10 oz of grands biscuits was less than just the plain 10 oz refrigerated dough.

I had to change the 4 whole chicken breasts ... to 12 ounces of chicken to get it to come out similarly! Why did it work on her recipe in the link above .. and why did i have to do the ounces for mine. Is the 12 ounces of chicken equal to the 4 chicken breasts maybe? i didn't alter a THING on the RTC Chicken nutritional info.

This is how it looked when i finished. Did i do it right?

* Exported from MasterCook *
Chicken and Dumplings - 5 Points
Recipe By :http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...cipe_id=223149
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
12 ounces chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C -- 4 - 3 ounce breasts
2 cans 98% FF Cream of Chicken Soup -- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans
1 onion -- finely diced
10 ounces Grands Reduced Fat Buttermilk Biscuit Dough -- 6 biscuits from the package torn into small pieces - or 10 ounces of another refrigerated dough
Place the chicken, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover. Cover the slow cooker, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High.
Tear each biscuit into 8 pieces or so. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
Source:
"Cooking Light, OCTOBER 1996"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 229 Calories; 7g Fat (39.4% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 36mg Cholesterol; 1173mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable.
NOTES : NOTES : I like to add sliced carrots, green beans to this halfway thru the cooking time. I also break the chicken into slightly large chunks before adding the biscuit dough.
I sometimes add a couple of extra chicken breast to this (depending on the amount of people eating it) with no affect on the recipe at all
Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0