Orange Custard Pie
Instructions:1. In a heavy saucepan, combine orange juice, milk, yolks, sugar, cornstarch and gelatin until blended.
Cook, stirring over medium heat until mixture is smooth and begins to boil.
2. Remove from heat, and pour into pie crust when cool.
3. Chill for at least one hour or until firm.
4. Before serving: For pith-free orange sections, place unpeeled orange on cutting board. With a sharp paring knife, slice off the top and bottom of the orange, cutting deep enough so that no white pith shows.
5. Sit the orange on its bottom, and working from the top downwards, shave off the sides of the oranges, cutting deep enough to remove all pith.
6. When the orange is completely peeled, cut between the membranes that divide the segments so that again, no pith or membrane shows.
7. Lay orange sections on top of pie in concentric circles and serve.
8. Just before serving, sprinkle orange segments heavily with confectioners' sugar.
9. Place 4 to 6 inches under preheated broiler until browned.
Recipe Health Review:
How Healthy is the Orange Custard Pie Recipe?
Recipe makes: 6 servings.
Healthy eating information for 1 serving(s):
Total Fat: 2
Good for You