Thread: Mastercook support site

KrisD

Default Mastercook support site

Hi All,

Here is the link to the knowledge base for Mastercook.

This takes you to a general support page, and you have to select your mastercook version from the product drop-down menu. (sorry there's no elegant way for me to post a direct link)

-Kris

Retired Member ottermum's Avatar Inactive

Default Re: Mastercook support site

There is also a great group at yahoo groups, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MastercookDiscussion, that is a great place to find answers to problems you might be having withyour Mastercook.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

FLWoobie

Question Re: Mastercook support site

Can anyone tell me how to import recipes from the board into my mastercook program?

Retired Member ottermum's Avatar Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by FLWoobie
    Can anyone tell me how to import recipes from the board into my mastercook program?
    This is from a previous post, hope it helps! You might also try the MC help file for more detailed help if this doesn't answer your question.

When you find a recipe on the page you want to import into MC, one at a time you highlight the title and click the "Title" box, then highlight the ingredients and click the "Ingredients" box, and so on, even importing a picture with it if you so choose. When you are done you click the "add to recipe list" and it adds the recipe to the import list. When you are done on the 'net, you click the "list" link and click the "save to mastercook" button and it opens mc8 and asks you where you want to put the recipes, puts them there all ready in the proper format AND with the internet hyperlink in the proper source space, so no more "where did I get this recipe from?".
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

FLWoobie

Thanks Ottermom, you were a great help

Retired Member icinglady1's Avatar Inactive

is there some place that tells you how to put in products like splenda?? or other ingredients you want in the database??

Icing
    Be your own best friend every day.

Icing, I just got version 8 and here's how I figured out how to add ingredients. I don't know if it's the best or only way, but it worked for me.
    Click on Tools then Ingredient List. Then click New and type in the name of the item. I found I had to fill in both the Serving Size and Is equal to Weight boxes to get it to calculate correctly. I think it's for stuff like peanut butter where it says serving size 2 TBS (32g), you put 2tbs in the Serving size and 32 grams in the Is equal to weight. Though I've tried just putting 32 g in the serving size box it didn't work right until I put 32 grams in the is equal to weight box too. Then fill in the calories, fat, etc.
    Another thing to look out for is when you have a recipe that calls for a can of something. I've found it can use different can sizes so I've been putting in the actual ounces in the can to get it to come out right.

If you click in a row for an ingredient in a recipe then click Ingredient and then Ingredient Analysis it will give you the breakdown for that ingredient for the serving size. That way you can check if you've got approx the right amount.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Retired Member ajoy13's Avatar Inactive

I am so confused.... what is a mastercook????? i see people making references to it all through out this site but cannot figure out what it is... hope i dont sound too dumb
    WW is super easy being vegan :)
    SW: 203
    CW: 194.4
    GW: 135

Mastercook is a software program that you can input recipes into and it will figure the nutritional information and more. see mastercook.com
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Retired Member ajoy13's Avatar Inactive

THANK YOU!
    WW is super easy being vegan :)
    SW: 203
    CW: 194.4
    GW: 135

FunkyMonkey

I just can't figure this mastercook out!! I have read your posts and I can't figure out how to put in a recipe, get the nutritional value. I have the mastercook 9.0

Retired Member mythreechildren2001's Avatar Inactive

does anyone know if mastercook runs on a mac?
    Deborah

Retired Member mahjong's Avatar Inactive

It says it requires Windows® 98/ME/XP.
    Abby

SW: 285 (1/1/08)
    CW: 179

"Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time."

Retired Member Inactive

Is Mastercook still a valid program? Do you have to purchase it. The link given in one of the post does not go to MCook. Help. Thanks.

They keep on updating it and you can still get it. It's from Sierra.
    Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Retired Member Inactive

The new MasterCook box show an app for the iphone, ipad, and ithouch. It does not come up when i search for the app. has anyone found it?