Thread: bathroom scale recommendations

Default bathroom scale recommendations

What is your recommendation for a really good bathroom scale?

Not too expensive but reliable with 1/10 measurements ( the measurements used in the Weight Watcher scales ). I would even settle for measurements in half pound increments.

The scales they use at the Weight Watcher meetings would be ideal but they are very expensive.
    I just wish my mouth had a 'backspace' key...
    And I wish life had an 'undo' function too...

Default Re: bathroom scale recommendations

I've had a Tanita Body Fat Monitor/Scale TBF-621 for years now with no problems.
    Heaviest Wt: 242.0 [04/21/03]
    WW Start Wt: 232.4 [06/21/06]
    10% Goal Wt: 208.6 [08/16/06]
    Met Goal Wt: 178.4 [12/20/06]
    Lifetime Wt: 174.8 [01/31/07]

'07 Avg: 167.8
    '08 Avg: 165.4
    '09 Avg: 170.4
    '10 Avg: 170.7
    '11 Avg: 172.3
    '12 Avg: 173.6

Current Weight: 172.8 [03/09/13] Link to my blog.

WW guy I would not worry too much if your scale does not give you the exact weight the WW scale does. Use the WW scale as the be all and end all of what your weight is. Use your home scale to judge how your week is going and do you need to make any changes before you get to WW for your weigh in. The scales rarely synch and even if you got an official scale from WW you'd see differences.
    Also never keep it in the bathroom. The moisture affects the scale greatly. Keep it on flooring in a dry room. Mine is in my living room. LOL.
    SELL CRAZY SOMEPLACE ELSE. WE'RE ALL STOCKED UP HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy541 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up tips.

Any recommendation/name?
    I just wish my mouth had a 'backspace' key...
    And I wish life had an 'undo' function too...

I got mine from Target. Loved it. Gave it to my son when he moved out . Bought a WW scale and do not like it as much. Any scale is just a tool, a measuring device. Not special just any scale. I went for digital big readout. Easy battery change. So my WW scale will do since the one at the center makes the big announcement for me.
    SELL CRAZY SOMEPLACE ELSE. WE'RE ALL STOCKED UP HERE.

Thank you for your update.

I have a Tanita, which is the same brand used in the WWer centers. I bought mine at Target for under $40. This was quite a few years ago, I have no idea if Target still carries them. Mine weighs in 1/2 pound increments, not tenths. I don't use it to see if I weigh the same at home as I do at the meetings. That will never happen. I use my home scale to monitor the trends. I like the scale I have because it is very consistant, meaning that I can get on and off several times in a row (not that I suggest doing this) and my weight will be the same every time. Despite Pegg's warnings, my scale is in the bathoom on a tile floor. So far (knock wood) I haven't had any problems with it.

Just as an aside, I believe the WWer branded scales are made by Conair.
    Luanne

"Just Do It" (Nike)

SW 211.9/CW 151.2/WWG 155
    Goal - 8/2/02

I am getting a new set of scales too. So this post was really helpful for me.

I read with interest everyone's scale recommendations. I have a WW digital now and really liked it. I am unable to stand on the scale long enough to get a proper display. I have Muscular Dystrophy and have lost my sense of balance. I have gone online and there are scales with the larger platform etc. but are in the $500.00+ range. Any ideas out there??. I know that the scale is just a number etc. but it sure helps when you want to enter a challenge. lol

Thanks for the tips and advice peggy.. I also put my scale in the bathroom and I don't want to wait for it to have any problems before I take it out of there.

Blog Entries

I have a conair that I bought about 18 years ago. Measures in the half pound increments. I got this because where I lived at the time, there was absolutely no place to put it that was not carpet, and it said "accurate on carpet". It still gives me right on with the scale at ww, within the .5 range. This entire time has been in the bathroom. Keep thinking about replacing it, but can't find another one that weighs right on carpet.
    Esther
    Goal 160
    SW 178
    GW 160 - at the goal the doctor set. 1/24/12
    CW 160.8 -- 9/03/13

Just do what you know to do!