Thread: The Two Most Important People To Your WW Success

Default The Two Most Important People To Your WW Success

There's no way I would be where I am today without the help of my WW meeting leader, and, my wife. I owe both of them a great deal in terms of getting on track and staying there.

How about you? Who are your top two?
    Heaviest Wt: 242.0 [04/21/03]
    WW Start Wt: 232.4 [06/21/06]
    10% Goal Wt: 208.6 [08/16/06]
    Met Goal Wt: 178.4 [12/20/06]
    Lifetime Wt: 174.8 [01/31/07]

'07 Avg: 167.8
    '08 Avg: 165.4
    '09 Avg: 170.4
    '10 Avg: 170.7
    '11 Avg: 172.3
    '12 Avg: 173.6

Current Weight: 172.8 [03/09/13] Link to my blog.

Default Re: The Two Most Important People To Your WW Success

I'm gonna tell you the absolute truth here. My two most important people are ME and ME. My DH is a wonderful man but he's not at all interested in maintaining his health. I had to decide that one of us is going to survive and it has to be me. I can try to bring him along kicking and screaming but he's not moving.

I am the one who has to live my life as best I can. It's unfortunate that it took me this many years to figure that out but here it is.

Of course I love my husband and my children. I do this to stay healthy for the three of them. It's ME it has to be ME and Me.
    SELL CRAZY SOMEPLACE ELSE. WE'RE ALL STOCKED UP HERE.

I know where you are coming from Peg. When I joined, I told everyone I was doing it for my kids - who were 2 and 4 at the time. (I was 43.) I said that I wanted to be there for them for a long time and that I wanted to be active and not an embarrassment for them. And, I sincerely meant it. But, as time went on, and I lost the weight, and then kept it off, I realized the one who benefits the most from this is ME. And, I like the benefits - that's why I keep it up. I do it for ME.

That said, I was blessed to find a leader who clicked with me. (And, I've met other leaders who I knew would have not clicked with me.) She made the meetings interesting and kept me coming back. And, my wife has a huge hand in this too - shopping for the right foods and not bringing crap into the house. And, making me dinners that enable me to be OP, etc. She also never tried to get me to stray.

We only had one small bump in the road. After I lost all the weight, and it had been off for a while, she made me something for dinner. I can't even remember what it was - it's been so long now. But, when I asked her what was in it, so that I could figure out the points, she flipped and said "Oh, my, god, you're so skinny. You've been skinny for so long now. Just eat the friggin' dinner and shut up. I don't know how much of what I put into it. I just made it and didn't measure everything."

I explained to her that I could never eat something without knowing the points value and this was going to be an issue.

I ended up taking a guess at the points and ate some of it. But, we came to agreement that night that I could never eat something without being aware of what's in it, etc. That's just who I was/am now. And, we never had an issue like that again.

My first leader and my husband.

My first leader was back in 1991. She's the one I lost with and made Lifetime with. She is also the leader whose meetings I now attend and who recruited me to work for WWers.

My husband has always supported my journey. Since he is the one who does the cooking for the family, this has been a huge plus. He is also a WWer Lifetime member. To be honest he is the one who has made most of the positive changes in our overall diet and the foods we eat.

Of course I'm important in this journey as well. I was the one who had to make up my mind I wanted/needed to lose the weight, and the one who made the decision to do it. But, I felt your question was which people outside of ourselves were the biggest support.
    Luanne

"Just Do It" (Nike)

SW 211.9/CW 152/WWG 155
    Goal - 8/2/02

I really lost my weight in little chunks over many years and through that I was the only constant so I can't name 2 influences to my ww success. That said, my sister is the reason why I keep the weight off and I continue to choose healthy food and regular exercise. When she was 33 years old she had a heart attack. The heart attack was actually just a symptom of a much larger issue with the arteries in her heart and within 2 days she went from being a healthy, vibrant mother of 5 to a quadruple bypass patient on life support. For a short time we thought she might need a heart transplant so the doctors grilled us about every lifestyle choice known to man as they were trying to decide if she would qualify for the transplant list. Did she smoke, did she drink, what was her diet like, did she have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, etc? I remember feeling so grateful that she was the healthy sister (I have another one that is very overweight and smokes). Then I thought to myself, if I'm ever in that position I want the doctors to say that I'm the perfect candidate for whatever they are offering. Above all else, I decided then and there that good health is not to be taken for granted and WW helps keep me on the right track.
    Monique

SW: 198
    CW: 145
    WW Goal: 148
    PG: 140

Superbowl...........I have to admit it as well. I felt the same way as Peggy in answer to your query re: The Two Most Important People to your WW Success ? (ME and ME !!! )

After thinking about it for a bit and reading the other posts I'll have to revise that answer. I had one very special WW leader for 20 plus years, (until she moved on to other things). She was kind of like that favourite teacher you had in high school. Funny and Inspiring !!! I know of fellow WW members who would travel great distances , just so they could have the privilege of attending her meetings. WW was never the same for me after she left. I left shortly after she did.

Karen
    Get Back to Goal Stats: SW: 264.1 lbs/ CW: 223.5 lbs /GW-175 lbs

Pounds lost this time round:
    ​40.6 lbs

Now the hard work begins..... AGAIN !!!

My very first thought was ME. I think it has to start with us first to encourage ourselves (self talks) and have our minds made up we can and will do this. And my second was not one person but a group. BCB!!! I know it shows that I have not been a member for very long but I was here when it first started( i think I was #83 to join). I had joined WW so many times in 10 years and gave up not really making the long term comitment, and then I found this website and at that time they really meant bootcamp LOL. Thier serious aproach was the kick I needed. And I finally realized to cheat or give up was only cheating and giving up on myself.
    Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:
    141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

You all made me think of the slogan on the wall of my WW meeting center: If it is to be, it's up to me!

And it's so very true
    Positive thinking gets positive results!!!!!!!

Dottie HW: 210.4 SW:203.6 WWG:
    141 CW: 108.5 (5-1-14)

Made lifetime in 2003 and have maintained.

I have to answer ME and BCB. First, I had to get to the point of being ready to do this for me. No one else was going to do it. Like the slogan on the wall Super, if it is to be, it's up to me. The support/encouragement/accountability I have gotten from BCB was also VERY important in my WW success.

My DH has been a key player in helping me with my maintenance.
    Trudie~Doing it Delta Style and daily, I am choosing my hard.
    HW: 190.4/SW: 180.2 5/23/07 Weight Loss Pics
    CW: 135 1/10/2013 PGW: 135/WWGW: 155