Thread: Keeping to Core/SiFi

Peggy541's Avatar Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Default Keeping to Core/SiFi

I spent all of yesterday on Core. Not one point spent. My weight will be good this week as I have had a very mindful week. More and more members are asking us about Si Fi and I seem to be the resident expert having lost all of my weight on Core.

I guess I spend every day on Core really. I only count points for what I eat off of Core but they have been way up there. That concerned me. For years my feeling is using the extra 49 is sort of shameful. I know that is wrong. You can lose very well by eating your 26 (or whatever) and then your 49 but it's nice to try to keep the 49 to a minimum.

Seeing them diminish in my e tools was sort of scary but a learning experience for me because I lost famously for two weeks and maintained for the third. Therefore I am going to start by trying for two days a week using no points. Eating only Core. That was easy yesterday. I have my portion sizes way under control too.

I think this is a good exercise for me. I have six more pounds to get back to goal and then I want to try to lose about 10 more so I have a better hedge since my goal is the very top of my range I am uncomfortable going out of my range when I WI in many members who are my height and weigh 30 lbs less than I do. I know we are different and I accept my weight but I'd like to try to get lower.

Hey can we reactivate this forum? Where are all of the old standbys?

Peg
    133 lbs lost 2008-2009
    ​Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Frequent Poster

Default Re: Keeping to Core/SiFi

I managed five days out of seven this week entirely Core and lost 2.6 lbs. Getting there folks. It's really engaging thinking before eating. Highly recommended.

Peg
    133 lbs lost 2008-2009
    ​Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

WWCarol's Avatar Awards:
    The Last Laugh

Thumbs up Re: Keeping to Core/SiFi

Hi Peggy! I want to congratulate you on your success!

I was just stopping by to check out the BCB Philsophy wording again. It always worked so well for me. I remember how I was afraid to join BCB for quite awhile because I didn't know if I could live up to the stringent standards, and I certainly didn't want a ! LOL But I got the courage and finally saw how being OP 24/7/365 made sense. It worked for me, and for so many of us.

I started eating vegan for a month in August, 2009. I haven't looked back. DH was able to get off insulin a few months after he had started it. Right now I'm 7 pounds under my WW goal (which I also set high).

Anyway, this isn't the right forum for what I'm doing now (which is high nutrient density plant foods) but I did want to stop by and say "hi" to an old friend and wish you well. I'm glad WW's has you to answer everyone's questions. I'll never forget BCB! It's in my DNA!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Frequent Poster

Carol! I thought I'd flush you out. Nice to hear from you. Do you post somewhere here? I'd love to say hello.

Core going fine for me. It's where I am most successful. Gonna try to keep it up as long as I can.

I am two lbs from goal but want to try to get 10 below. Not sure if I even should but will try.

Peg
    133 lbs lost 2008-2009

Retired Member Inactive

Hi Peggy, I'm just starting SF/Core..I've done WW points and did pretty well (lost 40lbs in 2010) but then had an emergency appendectomy and have not been able to get back on track. I tried the new PP when it first came out but struggled, probably because it was pretty different from when I was doing reg points..I've come back to WW and was going to do the new PP, figuring it had been long enough since i did reg points that i would have forgotten the original points value and not worried about how much more something was not on PP..anyway..I'm about to get started on SF and would love any advice/input/tricks, foods/meals you have found that are working well for you..