Thread: March, 2012

Default March, 2012

New Month - New Thread

Bob - sorry to hear you've been under the weather - a prostrate infection sounds tough - I've had the joy of getting an over 40 physical for a number of years - it doesn't get any better - but it makes you realize how fast a year goes by!!

My week went well - I lost another pound at my WI - I'd like to get a bigger number this week but I'll take a pound. We've had a few days of cold weather and a little snow - but warmer weather is on the way - it supposed to be in the 60's by the end of the week.

My goal for the month of March is to lose 10 pounds - so that would put me at 242 by April 1. I've got to keep moving!

Hope you feel better soon and have a great week.

O'Dawg
    Brian
    SW 297 (01/27/07)
    LW 224 (9/9/07)
    Restart 297 (1/28/14) (Ouch)
    CW 246 04/28/14 (-2)
    Total Loss 51 lbs

Default Re: March, 2012

Good evening O'Dawg and anyone else who's around tonight. Another month, indeed. I have to say, I took my last antibiotic pill tonight. It's feeling much better, but I'm not so sure it's 100% gone. The doctor did say sometimes they will pass on their own with enough fluids, so I'm hoping I don't have to go back for anymore medicine.

On the upside, I'm down 3.5 lbs. I haven't been missing any meals, but haven't had the desire for any snacking. The nice loss has really re-inspired me (it's been a while). I'm going to hold on to it and my goal is to be at my goal before April 1!! And, just like you said, indeed a lost pound is a perfectly acceptable week, especially after the extra good weeks you have been having!

I hope your weather does, indeed, get better. Much nicer to walk in better temps!! My dog gets many more walks in the Spring, Summer and Fall!! Quite the weenie for walking outside in the Winter lately!!

Take care, and here's to saying goodbye to that 10 lbs in April!!
    Bob

Bob - Congrats on the 3.5 lbs - I wish I had that kind of week!! I'm down another pound. My body is trying to hold on to the 250's and I'm anxious to get out of here fast. I've got to make some significant progress or my 10 pound goal will be washed out. Based on the number of views - it looks like a lot of folks are reading the posts but not too many are posting. If anyone out there needs inspiration and motivation - check out http://bendoeslife.tumblr.com/ make sure you watch the video on the page. Bootcamp buddies has given me a lot of motivation as well.

We had some freak snow squalls yesterday but today it's in the 50's and heading into the 60's for the rest of the week.

Have a great week.

O'Dawg
    Brian
    SW 297 (01/27/07)
    LW 224 (9/9/07)
    CW 246 04/28/14 (-2)
    Total Loss 51 lbs

Good morning Dawg! Glad that you are down another pound. I stayed the same, which I'll gladly accept after last week! I was worried that being sick had done it, and that it would be back, so I'm on cloud 9!

You can SO pull out your 10lb goal. I'm really sending you strength vibes, my friend!

So, you had snow squalls, then in the 50's and now (we) are in the 70's! (Maryland). Crazy weather for March!!

Anyway, keep the walking going, and the visits to the gym and you'll be heading for your 10lb goal before you know it!

PS--I think just about every forum/thread whatever has that in common---2000 views but only a handfull of regular posters. Not sure if people think that a pop in post here and ther is not ok or what. I certainly never held it against anyone for not posting on a set schedule!
    Bob

Good morning Bob and anyone else that stops by. Finally some movement - I had my WI yesterday and I'm down 3 pounds - which was good on two counts - (1) If got me out of the 250's which was a breakthrough that my body wanted to hold on to and (2) it gets me back to a 50 lb total loss. It's been interesting going back through my clothes to pull out some that I haven't seen in a long time- they were like old friends waiting for me.

The weather looks like it's going to be great in the week ahead. Everything considered last week's weather was great as well and as a result of the time change for daylight savings time - I've got time to take the dogs for a long walk at night before it get's dark.

Half way through the month and half way to my 10 pound goal.

Have a great week.

O'Dawg
    Brian
    SW 297 (01/27/07)
    LW 224 (9/9/07)
    CW 246 04/28/14 (-2)
    Total Loss 51 lbs

AWESOME loss Dawg!! That's a very nice payoff for your hard work. I know you can get the other half done too! Sending strength vibes to you. I don't know if I'll make it. I got pretty optimistic with my big loss, but have maintained for the second week in a row. I'm still aiming for it, but I don't want to allow myself to think I'll do 8lbs in a week. Even if I somehow managed it, I'm not sure it would stick. But, I'm happy with the loss/new weight, so I'm not going to beat my brains out. I'll have to accept slow and steady, which I certainly will!! Food and exercise still going very well to boot!

We are having awesome weather too! It's 79 degrees here right now! Crazy. I'll be getting my mower out tomorrow night! You gotta love the incidental activity that Spring/Summer bring (even when we're not necessarily looking)!LOL

Have a good "rest of the week, and again big congrats on kicking the 250's to the curb. Well done!
    Bob

Well, Dawg, time for an official report on March, huh?! I mentioned that I really had no hopes of 8lbs in one week at this point, but I have been hovering around 171 to 171.5. So, it's April now, and all my energy is going to be focused on getting to my goal (at long last) in the month of April. Brand new month, so let's do it!! You'll have to let me know where you ended up.

I have done well exercise wise (it usually is the food and not the exercise that is my issue). I had a skip night Thursday, then made Friday through Sunday nights. I skipped tonight, but got my exercise in mowing (I have enough to push mow it and get a good workout, but not so much that it kills me not having a riding mower).

Anyway, crossing my fingers that you pulled out a good result for the month, and here's to hoping that April is a strong one for us all!
    Bob

Hi Bob -

Sorry for the delay in responding - I've had two small weeks - 1 pound each week - which kept me from making my goal I had a total loss in March of 7 pounds - not bad but not great. I'm heading over to the new thread for April - see you there!

O'Dawg
    Brian
    SW 297 (01/27/07)
    LW 224 (9/9/07)
    CW 246 04/28/14 (-2)
    Total Loss 51 lbs