Thread: blueberry angel food cake ??

Retired Member Thin4Him's Avatar Inactive

Exclamation blueberry angel food cake ??

Does anyone have this recipe ? It was in one of the WW handouts from a past mt. & i can't find mine. Recipe uses angel food cake box mix & a can of blueberry pie filling - just not sure if i had any other ingred. ?? OR how long 2 cook it ??
    THANKS!
    "The Bible says "Glorify God in your body" ...therefore, I want to be : Thin4HIM
    WILLPOWER = turn Your Will over to HIS POWER !

Default Re: blueberry angel food cake ??

darn! I came here looking for that recipe and saw your post - thought that was IT!

Will try using the search feature...
    Susan
    “The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.” -Teddy Roosevelt

OK - I FOUND IT!

It says to mix the angel food cake mix with the can of blueberries or cherries (light) and cook ACCORDING TO PACKAGE DIRECTIONS.
    No additional fluids.

My FF angel food box mix says to cook at 350* for 38-48 minutes.
    I'm going to try this in a 9 x 13 pan tonight.
    Susan
    “The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.” -Teddy Roosevelt

Sunday am - reporting results:

It needed closer to 45 min to cook thoroughly. Didn't need any extra water suprisingly enough. Batter seemed a bit thick to me. Came out surprisingly fluffy!
    I COULD have made it in an angel food cake or bundt pan (the directions on my box of mix said NOT to grease the pan - that scared me so I did since I was using a 9x13 pan - cleaned up easily). It slightly overflowed by slightly smaller than 9x12 pan - didn't spill onto the bottom of the oven though.

Also, seemed a bit TOO sweet, but then I used canned cherry pie filling rather than light blueberry. Company liked it, though - I topped theirs with vanilla ice cream. Could have put FF Cool whip on mine, but it was too hard because I didn't pull it out ahead of time.

I think I would add a tiny amount of lemon rind or lemon juice if I used BB pie filling.

Good luck with yours....
    Susan

I had this tonight...except I made mine with sugar-free cherry pie filling! Yummy!...I have made several versions of this recipe before and always had great results and many compliments. Tonight, I served mine with a scoop of sugar free Blue Bunny "Bunny Tracks"--it is vanilla ice cream with chuncks of chocolate and ripples of chocolate and peanut butter...together the cake and icecream tasted like a super good PB & J!
    From past the future arises....Success CAN be repeated~~Failure does not rule my life~~God charts the course for my future and He wants only the best for ME!

I made this last night with a can of pinapple- but the blueberry sounds really good. Jus t to clarify- Do you use a can of plain berries... or is it pie filling? I was thinking of using frozen berries and trying that.

When I made it before, I used pie filling, but I imagine that canned berries would work as well. You would just need to have enough liquid like the pineapple have.
    From past the future arises....Success CAN be repeated~~Failure does not rule my life~~God charts the course for my future and He wants only the best for ME!