Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

Default Re: What One Thing have I done today to advance my cause?

I confess I ate the house yesterday. No good reason just home for the day. Is that all I need? I'm angry at myself. Just did 45 mins on the bike. Will do better today. Have to.
    SELL CRAZY SOMEPLACE ELSE. WE'RE ALL STOCKED UP HERE.

Better OP day yesterday but now I may have a stress fracture in my right foot. I stretched in bed and heard and felt a CRACK that was very unsettling oh and hurt like the dickens. I skipped the bike today and just do not know what to do. I see my MD on Monday anyway so we'll talk foot too. It's always something. I'll do the bike tomorrow. Today is a really long work day for me. Be well friends.

Bike today but quit after 45 mins to baby my foot. Going to be OP big time today. Have it all planned out.

4pm and all is well. I have eaten very mindfully today. Have a lovely WW Passover dinner planned and if that's all I eat then I've done well today. First step in a hopefully losing week. Foot not good but I lay around all day resting it. A formula for maybe eating badly but not today. Yay me. Very long day at work tomorrow but food all planned out. Wish me strength to get back on track.

Did my dog walk this morning and am going for a bike ride in half an hour from now.

Hope your foot gets better quickly, Peg.
    Linda

Taking the day off. Not sure what to do if I cannot exercise. No money to join a pool to do it there. Will try to see ortho MD this week early. Such a mess. Will try really hard to be very very OP this week.

Investigating the local YMCA but their website is the worst on earth. My goodness. I have to go there I guess to get schedules and fees.

Not much today. Have to rest my foot. Not broken but very sore. I may try the bike tomorrow but am trying to be smart and stay off of it for a while.

Bike tomorrow. One more day of rest.

Frankly my foot hurts too much to push it. MD said three weeks. I guess I'll wait three weeks. And I am not interested in any other sort of exercise but I guess I had better do something. Heaven forbid I might sweat! I have one of those big balls I can bounce on and try situps but am afraid of falling and have a bad back and bad joints. There I go excuses excuses. This week I am What one thing have I NOT done to advance my cause. Hopefully not the beginning of the end.

Bike no pain so far. Not pushing it. Need this.

It sounds like you're being careful to listen to your body, Peg. Glad to hear you don't have foot pain on the bike.

I finally got a dog walk in and am focussed on a good day. Last week was a disaster. This week MUST be better and I must NOT allow emotional eating.
    Linda

On bike. 5 am. Watching bad foot.

Bike 6am 30 minutes. Checking out YMCA today. Pool. Less stress joints.

Peggy & Linda, Congratulations on your staying focused, despite temptations and trials to deal with. I've started getting a little exercise each day now, but the two of you would run rings around me. I try to do strength training (very, very easy---I'm just learning) with weights 2-3 times a week and to do at least some cardio each day. I do more on the days I don[t do the weights. I would highly recommend the Strong Women Stay Strong video if you are interested in doing some light weight training and haven't had any expereince with weight training before. It's a very gradual, easy program that really focuses on form for just a few simple exercises. I've started adding a little to the workout from other sources, and what I learned from the Strong Women video has helped me to understand how to do the lifting. I'm keeping it pretty simple and I'm only using 5 lb weights so far, but hope to increase somewhat from there. I want to do enough to get some benefit but not be at risk for injury. So far, I've checked out a number of videos (i.e., Jane Fonda, Kathy Smith, Denise Austin [a bit too fast for me, but mostly doable], and even one belly dancing video) and have continued with Leslie Sansone. The site where I track my food intake has a message board frequented by a lot of 30-somethings who are either super fit or trying to become super fit, so it's a bit intimidating to read about how they are lifting really heavy barbells, doing dead lifts and squats, etc., but I just keep puttering away with my light weights and I'm seeing modest improvement. I'd love to get outside and walk or bike like I used to, but it's just not an option these days, so I'm grateful that I have other options open to me.

Anyway, it encourages me to read about how you both are doing so well. Good job ordering that Asian salad a while back, Linda. Was that Applebee's? I love their Fiesta Chicken Chopped Salad on their lunch menu, but I have to eat only 1/2 at a time, as it's not as WW/calorie friendly as others. Peggy, I hope the foot continues to feel good and get stronger again. I admire your persistence in getting back to riding when you were able to do so.
    SW-183 GW-143
    161 - 03/23/12 -- 8 (22 lbs to date)
    151 - 05/25/12 --10 (31 lbs to date)

OK I joined the Y. It's on 80th street and I live on 77th street. How can I not belong? I would rather pay them $50 a month than pay WW $42.95 to take off weight I gain when not exercising. There is a 4' pool I can do aerobics in or just go water walking. This is all good. I am very excited and may actually go tomorrow morning and get in that pool. There were all ancient ladies in there today in all degrees of fatness so I am not going to feel badly with my flabby hanging skin. I am going to get back to goal in no time. 12 lbs to go. One day in that pool at a time.

No man does it all by himself.
    I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf,
    And just go there, to the y.m.c.a.
    I'm sure they can help you today.

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.
    It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

OK I did it. I got to the Y at 6:15. Walked in the short pool for 90 minutes and then did a 45 minute water aerobics class. Did fine. Need practice in exercise following instructions but did fine.

My broken foot is not happy. I'll deal with that. Ordered a pair of water shoes to help the soles of my feet. But did fine. Yay me. Going back 5 am tomorrow. Pray for me.

Going now to the pool. I need to do this to establish some sort of pattern. Maybe use it as self reflection time or stress relieving time. In any case I have one hour today and will use it.

I did it. 30 mins of pool and 10 of hot tub. Home ready for shower and work. Long day.

45 mins of pool 10 mins hot tub. Felt great. Showered there so ready to face the day. Feel pretty good walking around in a swim suit. Thank goodness.

Working all day today no time for pool. Day off. Legit day off.

Did a dog walk this morning b/c Misha woke me up at 6:20 a.m. and I couldn't turn her down.
    Linda

Dog walk this morning--and spent time praying enroute. A great start to the day...now to finish it off strong and have a solid week.
    Linda

Pool 5-6 am. Red faced. It must have worked. Yay me. Yay us right Linda?

Right, Peg, but you deserve a much bigger Yey than me--you are SO consistent!
    Linda