Thread: Need Master Cook Help

Nix Guest

Default Need Master Cook Help

Can someone calculate the points of this recipe for me? I don't have one of those programs that does this (Master Chef...I think), but know that lots of buddies on BCB have one.

Crispy Rice Treats
    2 C. crispy rice cereal
    1 C quick cooking oats
    1/4 C. sheat bran
    1/4 C. lite corn syrup
    1/4 C. brown sugar
    1/4 C. lite peanut butter (soy nut butter or almond butter)
    1/4 C. mixed dried fruits in bite size pieces
    1 T. vanilla extract

In large bowl, combine cereal, oats, bran & dried fruit. Mix the corn syrup in a pot & heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Add the peanut butter & mix. When well combined, turn off heat & add the vanilla.
    Pour the mixture over the cereal mixture & blend. Press mixture into a pan & cut into bars. It should keep for a month in a sealed container.

This recipe is an alternative for those Krispy Bars made from marsmallows, etc.

It sounds really good. I don't know how many it will serve, but am guessing you spread it in a 9" x 13" pan.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nix

Nix Guest

Default Re: Need Master Cook Help

I'm still looking for someone to help me w/the points on this recipe. I don't know the nutritional value, otherwise I could figure the points on my WW slide ruler.

Please help if you can...these sound sooooo good.

Nix

If you make 8 servings it is 3 points. I used regular peanut butter since I don't do a lot of baking and don't bring peanut butter into my house it is a red light food for me. Thus don't have the nutritional information for lite peanut butter and the program does not list lite peanut butter. Calories 174; Fat 5g; Fiber 3g. Using Almond butter I got: 4 points for 8 servings.

Here is the nutritional information for the whole recipe using regular peanut butter. All you would have to do is divided by the number of servings.
    Calories: 1390; Fat 39g; Fiber 21g

If you post this in the Mess Hall Cybergranny is really good pointing and probably would be able to point this using lite peanut butter or you can PM cybergranny. She is the expect with Mastercook and cooking on this board.

Laura
    Laura (·ΞΆσ )

Laura's Weight loss Journey
    Korea Pictures
    Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005

Nix Guest

Thanks for your help. I'll also try cybergranny. Don't these sound great?

Nix

Yes they do but I don't do much baking unless I am taking it some place then I can I my portion and not have any left. I just might make these to take to one of my Church singles group functions.

Laura
    Laura (·ΞΆσ )

Laura's Weight loss Journey
    Korea Pictures
    Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005