Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PEPSI POT ROAST

I am having a hard time figuring out the points..
    I ran it thru MasterCook but I just dont know

Pepsi Pot Roast
    3-4 pound pot roast.
    1 package dry onion soup mix
    1 can cream of mushroom soup.
    12 oz Pepsi
    Mix all together, put in crockpot. Cook 6 hours on low. You can throw in 2 chopped carrots, 2 stalks celery, and a chopped onion.

Does this b-b-q up like Cola Chicken.
    Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime
    4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115
    Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

I did this recipe the other night ... I didn't add the cream of mushroom soup (my kids don't care for it).

I put the roast in ... poured the coke over the meat and then sprinkled the onion soup mix over that and cooked on low for 7 hours. It was yummy and the kids loved it!!!!!
    Kris<br />OP 9-15-00<br />272.2/208/160

Instead of the mushroom soup try adding a bottle of chili sauce with the rest of the ingredients. It is wonderful!!!!

Replies

This sounds really good and I will have to try it. Just wanted to make sure is this made with diet pop or regular?

Thanks Lynn

mrszotz Guest

I'm making this for tonight's dinner!! Here's the recipe I'm using since I'm out of onion soup mix...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cola Roast
    Servings: 8
    Points Per Serving: 6.5

3 pounds bottom round roast
    12 ounces coke
    2 beef bouillon cubes
    2 cups chopped carrots
    2 cups chopped celery
    1 cup chopped onion
    3 large potatoes -- chopped
    2 teaspoons montreal steak seasoning

Per Serving: 317 Calories; 9g Fat; 39g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 292mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

mrszotz Guest

This got RAVE reviews from my family... this is a keeper

~Mary~

autumnbskt Guest

I want to know too, does the coke make it sort of a BBQ? Is there a sweet taste? [img]smile.gif[/img]

mrszotz Guest

No, it doesn't taste like bbq at all... with the added onions it just makes a very nice thinner gravy after cooking 8 hours. The next time I make this I'm going to add some tomatoes so the gravy is a little thicker. I may even try cherry coke!!

~Mary~

Is it OK to use Diet Coke/Pepsi?
    You are what you eat!<br /><br />*********************************

I tried this and loved it - thanks!
    Judy

Made it the other night for dinner was very good thanks for sharing with me!!!
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

dachshundtales Guest

Medb48, I would think this would B.Q up if you would put just a diet coke and ketchup over the roast like you do Chicken or pork chops on the stove. I like the sound of chili sauce too! Thanks for some great ideas ya`ll. Donna

Replies

I am bumping this up, because I still need to know are you guys using Reg pop or Diet. I would really like to try this and I want to know what to use first.
    Thanks,

Replies

Hi LynnB,

Don't know what everyone else is using but I tried this with diet coke and it came out great.

Best wishes,

Heja

Replies

Hi all, [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

This one sounds fabulous, especially with the chili sauce! It's a definite on the weekend menu here! There'll be plenty left to freeze for our portioned-container meals for work, too!

Many thanks,
    Tony Florida

17. Post

Ok, I think I will have to try this one...Hubby loves meat!!!!

Cathy (mommy to Lexi) [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    <b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

geez, I came here to get a "few" recipe/meal ideas and I now have a menu planned for weeks!! This looks so good!

jackie [img]smile.gif[/img]
    NEVER GIVE UP

Proud SAHM to 3 beautiful kids

HW 280 SW 249.4 CW 225 - total lost 24.4 lbs
    Goal - 160

19. Post

I'm making this today!!! I hope it is good. I'm not much of a meat person, but I will try this for Hubby [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Cathy (mommy to Lexi)

I'm adding some carrots, potatoes, and celery...

My hubby says you really shouldn't cook with any diet soda because it has WAY too many chemicals in it!!! I'm usung regular coke...
    <b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

I used Diet Rite when I made this & it was delicious! DH couldn't beieve there was soda in it. What a tasty way to do roast in the crockpot! Thanks alot!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

~*~ bump ~*~
    ~ Pam ~
    homeschooling mom to 3 girls
    "It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

Replies

I'm surprised diet coke works because I thought aspertame breaks down with heat. Has anyone tried it both ways, with diet and regular coke? If so, is there a difference in the results? I've been hesitant to try this with diet coke, but would obviously rather save the calories.
    It's time to try defying gravity!
    I think I'll try defying gravity!

Replies

SusieKew, I'm planning to try it with Diet RC, which is sweetened with Splenda instead of aspartame. I avoid aspartame anyhow, but, like you, I've also heard that heat breaks it down.

There may be other diet colas sweetened with Splenda, as well, but I know Diet RC is.

Cathy

I made this with caffeine free Diet Coke last night and it was EXCELLENT! The sauce was absolutely wodnerful - no aftertaste or anything like that. I don't know what's supposed to happen when/if aspertame breaks down, but I have no complaints about this one.

The only thing is, the points seemed a little low to me. I keep reading that the roast should be about 5 pts/2oz and if this is a 3-4# roast with 8 servings - that would be like 6-8oz/serving - which would make 15-20 points/serving just for the meat...or am I WAY off base in figuring this one
    ~ Pam ~
    homeschooling mom to 3 girls
    "It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

Replies

Made it with Diet Rite (which is sweetened with splenda, not aspartame), thought it was mediocre. We'll eat the leftovers, but I doubt I'll make it again.

Cathy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast