Thread: Provincial Chicken

I am making this for dinner tonight. I found the recipe in the WW In Good Time cookbook. It's really easy, low in Points and sounds tasty.

Put 4 chicken breasts halves in crockpot and sprinkled with 1/8 tsp. dried basil, and some salt & pepper.

In a bowl mix together 1 can of Pasta style diced tomatoes, 1 can of navy beans (drained & rinsed), 1 cup of diced yellow pepper, another 1/8 tsp. dried basil & some pepper. Pour on top of the chicken.

I believe it said to cook it on high for one hour and on low for 5 or 6 hours. I just turned mine onto low and will leave it there for about 10 hours. I started with frozen chicken pieces. (4 servings at 4 Points each)

I'm anxious to see how it comes out. It was easy to throw together before leaving the house for the day. I'll toss together a green salad while I am cooking some bulgar and dinner will be on the table
    Success is a journey not a destination!

Detroit, Michigan

Hi JJHall,

I just bought the In Good Time cookbook at my WW meeting. Please let us know how your chicken comes out.

Reviews and comments about the recipes in this book would be greatly appreciated.

Cynthia [img]smile.gif[/img]
    SW: 163<br />GW: 140 (4/23/02)<br />CW: 137.5<br />PGW: 118 (Just kidding)

Well, first of all, let me correct my spelling on the name. That's "Chicken Provencale". It was very good! Everyone like it. I served it with warm bulgar and a green salad. I had leftovers last evening and served it with boiled potatoes and Swiss Chard.

This meal very easy to prepare. I freeze chicken breasts individually so I just popped them into the crockpot frozen & mixed the beans & tomatoes and put that on top.

I love this cookbook. I've made quite a few different meals from it. I have had my original crockpot for about 30 years and in the recent years I had forgotten about it. When I got "In Good Times" it was almost like finding a brand new kitchen appliance. I have barely taken it off my countertop.

I promise I will review the book & let you all know what I've tried & like.

Success is a journey not a destination!