Cheesy Broccoli Chicken
    6 servings

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, frozen
    1 can 98% FF cream of chicken soup
    1 can " " cream of mushroom soup
    1 can " " cheesy broccoli soup
    1 1 lb. package frozen broccoli florets or chopped broccoli
    8 large mushrooms, cut into thick slices

Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Put frozen broccoli in the bottom, then the mushroom slices. Spoon the can of cream of mushroom soup over. Add the frozen chicken breasts, then spoon the other two soups over the top of the chicken and cook on low 6-8 hours.

That's it, simple as can be and so dang good!

I figure the points like this: I always weigh my cooked chicken, so it usually runs 4 to 6 points per breast. The total for the sauce is 12 points, so if you divided the sauce into 6 servings it would add 2 points per serving. It does make a lot of sauce and I figure I use 1 points' worth. I serve this with bulgur which is only 2 points per cup. I eat 1/2 cup. So, my dinner turns out at about 6 or 7 points depending on the chicken breast size. I give DH a cup of bulgur and one of the bigger breasts so his usually is 9 or 10 points. Hope that makes sense!

The cheesy broccoli soup can be a challenge to find around here. Campbell's makes it but not all the stores carry it. Also be careful to get the 98% FF types!

And for the inevitable questions! Yes, you can make it with thawed chicken, just reduce the cooking time to 5-6 hours. No, I've never cooked it on high, so I don't know how that would turn out. Yes, you can use fresh broccoli, if doing so I'd also use thawed chicken and the reduced cooking time. Yes you can omit the mushrooms if you don't like them! Sometimes I also add sliced onion. And I'm sure you could make it in the oven if you don't have a crockpot, I'd put it in a 9 x 13 baking dish and cover it with foil and bake it at 350* for a good hour, might take more if the chicken is frozen. I haven't tried it. And finally, you CAN make this in a pressure cooker too, and I intend to give that one a try one of these days! I'd expect it to take maybe 25 minutes or so at high pressure.

Char

[img]smile.gif[/img]

yum, looks great! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Sounds YUMMY! Thanks for posting! I'll give it a try soon [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

ClaremoreZebraBandMom0407 Guest

This sounds like dinner for Monday night.

ClaremoreZebraBandMom0407 Guest

I made this last night, DS ate it and really liked it but, DD and exDH wouldn't even try it, so they ate peanut butter sandwiches. I brought 2 servings to work today for co-worker and I, along with salad and dessert. Still have 2 servings left at home, probably have it tomorrow night.

It was excellent...

dawmich Guest

I made this last night. It was excellent. It sure is a keeper.

Dawn

Sounds great, but DH HATES broccoli! So maybe I'll make it while he's at camp later this month. Of course, with just me, I may be eating this all week....
    Heidi

SW: 244.8
    CW: 239.4

Default Re: Cheesy Broccoli Chicken

This sounds really yummy!!! I'll have to try to incorporate it into our dinner plans for next week. TFS!
    ~Heather~

buildingdreams Guest

Thumbs up Re: Cheesy Broccoli Chicken

this sounds great. I am always looking for crockpot recipes that arent all with beef. They tend to all taaste the same. these are staples in my house so this should be simple

Talking Re: Cheesy Broccoli Chicken

This sounds yummy, TFS.

Will be trying this this week.
    SW-256.4
    CW-246.2
    GW-130

Take Care,

kelly

Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

I'm going to have to go against the majority here and say that I'm only giving this 2 out of 4 stars. Definately wasn't as good as I thought it would be.
    *Sarah*

SW: 236.5
    CW: 223.5 10/16/07
    GW: 135

I made this yesterday and really liked it a lot! I had DB stir once to make sure the soups were all mixing together, and it turned out great.

I served it over brown rice and had a whole meal right there.

Thanks for the recipe!
    - Jacque

"Hang Tough. That means doing your best every day."
    - Major Dick Winters, Band of Brothers

SW: 162
    CW: 149
    GW: 135

I tried this tonight and have to also go against the odds and say it wasn't that impressive. It was kind of bland and I don't feel like the 3 soup flavors mixed together to make a good taste. In any case, others who tried it thought it was good. I just prefer food with more flavor.
    206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

Hailey Guest

Hmmmm, I think this would be better if you just used the campbells cheese soup, and chopped broccoli, with some diced red peppers. I'm thinking 2 cans of the soup would do it.

MilitaryWife4Life Guest

I can't wait to try this!!!