Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Crockpot Sour Cream Salsa Chicken

(NOTE: I have not tried this recipe yet.)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Crockpot Sour Cream Salsa Chicken

Recipe By :Weight Watchers
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
    1 package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
    1 cup salsa
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    1/4 cup light sour cream

Spray the crockpot with cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts. Sprinkle with Taco Seasoning. Top with salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot. Place about 2 T cornstach in a small amount of water. Stir well. Stir the cornstarch mixture into salsa sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup of sour cream.

Source:
    "Adapted from recipe at WW web site (www.weightwatchers.com)"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 170 Calories; 2g Fat (10.3% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 403mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

3 POINTS per serving

M.C. formatted by Dina (mdkbweiss@erols.com) on 2/10/01.

Replies

This sounds great! I cannot wait to try it!!!

------------------
    200.8/192.4/135
    OP since 1/4/01
    ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Replies

I made this for dinner tonight and it was GREAT!! I served it over a bed of lettuce, with the sauce over the chicken topped with just a little cheese and diced tomatoes for garnish. We had refried beans and tortilla chips on the side.

I had some leftovers so I plan to cut it up and make a taco salad!! Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!!!

------------------
    Penny
    177.4/159.6 (-17.8)/160.4 (10%)/150 (WW)/145 (personal) (Lifer getting it together again)
    The gift of God is eternal life. Romans 6:23
    www.picturetrail.com/pendan

4. Default

This recipe is SO GOOD! I tried it tonite and we loved it. I had it with white minute rice and it was great. Thanks for posting it!

ChocoGirl

I made this recipe last night and we loved it!! I served it over spanish rice for a mexican dinner.

------------------
    172.4/128/140 WW l35 personal
    Lifetime member since 9/l9/00

KarinC.
    "To stumble and fall is not a disgrace, if you summon the will to get back in the race."

Hi! I just wanted to add my 2 cents in here. This was EXCELLENT!! I made it Friday and both my husband and my 12 year old son remarked on how tasty it was and to keep the leftovers!!

7. Default

Made it tonight. It was so nice to come home and have the main course prepared!

One word of caution: definitely take the effort to seek out the low-sodium taco mix! Mine ended up quite a bit on the salty side. I might even change to adding half the taco seasoning package next time. Don't get me wrong though... even with the saltiness, this is SUPER yummy! Served it with a cup of brown rice and some broccoli... awesome (filling!) dinner.

Replies

Man, we are in the middle of moving, and my crockpot is packed! I sure can't wait to unpack it in my new kitchen and try this recipe, it sounds WONDERFUL! I love crockpot meals.
    ~~Chandra

Bufywanab Guest

This recipe looks great. It's a shame that DH & 2 of 3 DD won't eat salsa.

------------------
    Char-

Where the will of God leads you, the grace of God will keep you.

Gkfurrow Guest

This recipe sounds wonderful. Since joining WW, I love to try new recipes. This keeps my journey interesting. Thanks for taking the time to post it. (I came here for the first time today).

I made this for dinner tonight and it was scrumptous!

------------------
    Suzibell~~~
    Mom to 2 great little boys who need a thinner mommy to keep up with them!

205/195/140
    original/current/ww goal

Started at home program 2/26/01

March Challenge: 197#
    1st 10%: 184.5#
    Memorial Day Challenge: 185#
    Weight loss to date: 10#

I made this past week as well and mixed in cooked rice for the last 20 minutes.. oh my.

A family favorite for sure

------------------
    Theresa
    176/170.5/158 (10%) 5'2
    Final goal 130???

Replies

This recipe sounds dlicious. I am going to try it tonight. I do not really like salsato much but this sounds pretty good an I am sure my hubby will love it. Guess I will do the refried bean thing with it. That sounds great!! Will let you know wha we think. Thanks for sharing.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

Replies

Sounds GREAT!!!

Replies

I tred ts recipe tonight and I can not believe how good it is for only 3 points a serving. I was suprised about how filing it was and yummy was it ever creamy. White rice topped with that sauce was excellent. Thanks for the recipe. My hubby loved it and I now have a new saue that is low in points to try over other things.

***** a 5 star recipe [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Replies

Sorry about all the typos. We got a new keyboard and for some reason it skips letters. Hope to remedy this situation soon.

Wendy

Replies

I tried this tonight and it was a big hit with the entire familiy. I served it with black beans, tortilla chips and salad!! VERY GOOD!!!!!

Is it really 3 points though? I thought chicken was one point per ounce? HOw could all the extras be zero? I counted mine as four just to be "safe"...but any input would be appreciated!!

NICOLE

Replies

THe sauce is ZERO. The seasoning is free. Salsa is free (or at least that quanity is) and I use Fat Free sourcream and 1/4 cup of that is zero. In my calculations, I could have the ENTIRE sauce and still be zero. Just count the chicken at 1pt per ounce.
    I love this recipe. DH doesn't like spicy things as much and wasn't as keen on it. But TOO bad for him. [img]smile.gif[/img] This is one of my favorites, served with rice and green beans or a salad. Yumm (maybe I'll make this for supper tomorrow.)

I made this last night it is delicious!!!I served it over rice with salad for a 7 pt dinner!!! :eek:

Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe! We just got a crockpot about a week ago and I've been wanting to try this! We had it for dinner tonight and it was so yummy!!!! I can't wait to take it to work tomorrow to have it for lunch!!!

Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

I tried this yesterday for the first time and thought it had a wonderful flavor. The only problem I had was that the chicken was really dry (I had actually put it in the crockpot frozen). I have the same problem when I made the Chicken Stroganoff recipe with Cream of Mushroom soup. My crockpot is set on low and it does cook until I come home which is easily 8 hours. Any ideas about how to keep the chicken moist?

Opus99

Replies

We made this recipe yesterday. Oh, it is SO GOOD!!!! I served it over white rice. My DH ate two plates full. If you haven't tried it yet, try it today!
    Linda<br />210/201.5/131WW/120pers

Bekki Guest

Easy, Easy, Easy
    this recipe is too good to be true. Almost no prep and it tastes great. My Husband even had seconds. Wow. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sounds great! Will have to go shopping and get the Crock pot out!

Replies

Tried this last night. After taking the chicken out, adding the sour cream and the cornstarch, I shredded the chicken like you for enchiladas and served over two red potatoes (DW's choice) Will try over some brown rice next time with the leftovers.

DW is very surprised that I am cooking every other day. Taking turns with dishes too... She looked like she was going to faint when I told her I would. I have stuck to that committment! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Feel very blessed that she joined me on this trip with WW program again. Sure makes it easy for me!

Bill

368/338/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 30 lbs
    10% Goal = 332 6 pounds away

Goal Challenge 299 by Mid August - 39 pounds to go
    We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast