Thread: Nacho Potatoes

Nacho Potatoes
    serves 1 hungry person (or 2 as a side dish at 2 points each)

1 8 oz. baking potato, scrubbed and poked with a fork
    1 tablespoon chopped sweet pepper
    1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
    1/2 cup rehydrated TVP (or Boca crumbles)
    2 tablespoons Tostitos Salsa con Queso cheese sauce
    Salsa to taste
    Olive oil flavored cooking spray

Place the potato in the microwave oven and cook on High 4-5 minutes, til just tender all the way through.

The last minute or so that the potato has to cook, heat a med. to large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with the olive oil flavored spray and saute the onions and sweet pepper.

Meanwhile, when the potato is done, carefully remove it from the microwave, slice into quarters lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2" chunks. Add to the hot skillet, spray the potato with additional olive oil flavored spray, arrange so all flat sides are in contact with the pan and cook until browned; flip chunks over to brown second side; add the TVP around the edges of the pan to reheat. When potatoes are browned to your liking, blend everything together and transfer to serving plate. Top with the Tostitos Salsa con Queso cheese sauce and your favorite salsa to taste.

NOTE: This really satisfied my nacho craving! It came about because I had leftover TVP in the fridge from making TVP tacos earlier in the week. The TVP had been rehydrated using taco seasoning so already had a "Mexican" flavor. The TVP I use comes to just under 1.5 points per cup when rehydrated. Using Boca crumbles may change the points value of the dish, so refigure your points accordingly if you use these in place of the TVP.

Tostitos Salsa con Queso is a great jarred cheese sauce that is only 1 point for 2 tablespoons - I use it on lots of things!

If you're unfamiliar with TVP, search Cybergranny's Mess Hall for TVP and you'll find several threads dealing with this great stuff!

Char

Char, This sounds great. Do you use it as a full meal? It looks that way to me.

Printing out....

Thanks!
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Hi Dawna! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Yep, this was "Sunday Brunch" for me!

I wuold have added a little fruit to round things out but I was too full!

TRY it, you'll LIKE it~~~

Char