http://www.realfoodliving.com
    In remission from Acute Leukemia
    Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!
    218/in-between/125

HersheyBars Guest

Great recipe!!!! I will be sure to try it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for creating it!

Cherie

Cairo, Egypt (originally from Philadelphia, USA)
    Replies

I've made these a couple of times, and they are amazing!! I actually didn't add the flour or eggs (I think the first time I made them I realized I was out of eggs after the mix was mostly made). Came out just fine! Also no horseradish, still fine.

I have a question: do you calculate the points based on lentil dry weight or volume of cooked lentil? I came up with very different numbers. I don't remember exactly because I don't have my recipe notes here, but there was a difference. Just curious how you do it? I went with the higher points to be safe. I made them small, and they came to 1.5 points/burger. Froze some, and they defrosted no problem.

They don't sell veggie burgers in the markets here, and I am THRILLED to have a yummy home-made option. THANKS!!!

Rachel

Replies

Hi Rachel,

I plug all the ingredients into Mastercook and use the nutritional info divided by the number of servings. If you look at my recipe, the lentils are dry and the nutritional info is at the bottom
    of the recipe. If you did not use the flour, you may have gotten less burgers than I as well. I have done them many ways and they always come out to only 1 point each.
    (Momma25) Momma to five
    http://www.realfoodliving.com
    In remission from Acute Leukemia
    Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!
    218/in-between/125

Momma, now I'm confused...your original post says, "Makes 12 patties, each 2 points" - did I miss something someplace???

Even subbing just eggwhites for the whole egg would only reduce the whole batch a little. Help! [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] I am actually considering making these this afternoon but want to be sure of the points before I begin!

Thanks
    Char