Thread: New, asking for guidance, menus

Replies

Hi! I'm returning to WW and also to vegetarianism. I was lacto-ovo for five years, then stopped for a variety of reasons, one of which is that I GAINED weight -- nearly 30 pounds -- eating vegetarian. (I ate too much butter, bread and butter, potatoes and butter, grilled cheese sandwiches, etc.)

If there are people here interested in vegetarianism and not just vegetables [img]smile.gif[/img], could I ask if you have any tips -- any meals that have become staples, how you divide your points, and perhaps menus?

Thank you!

Gem

2. Default

Hmm. Where to start? I just responded to Abby's post above, and guess I would recommend the same to you. Whether you're eating meat or not, you still have to count your points. I pretty much just search for vegetarian recipes that sound good to me, and then try them. If it's good, I add it to my favorite recipes. I don't really do anything different for vegetarian meals than I do for my "regular with meat" meals. I'm not big into Tofu, but I love veggie burgers/soy burgers and the soy crumbles that resemble ground beef. I've recently discovered portobello mushrooms, so I did a search on the internet and came up with several delicious vegetarian meals for them. As a matter of fact, I just had a Portobello Hamburger [img]smile.gif[/img].

I pretty much divide my points (18-23) by giving myself 6-7 for breakfast and lunch, 3-4 for snacks/fruit, and the rest for supper. A Portobello or Soy hamburger can be as little as 2-3 points, and is very filling! Add steamed asparagus, broccoli, and/or cauliflower, plus a side of rice, and you've got a very good supper.

I hope this helps. Somehow, I think you were asking for a little more support from vegetarians, so I'm sorry if I didn't do you much good! Good luck!

SB
    147 current/125 goal