Thread: PMS'ing and binged on TWO chocolate bars!!!!!

Unhappy PMS'ing and binged on TWO chocolate bars!!!!!

Okay...I blew it yesterday, big time. PMS got the better of me and I had a "Mr. Big" chocolate bar . But I didn't stop there. I had another one after that :eek: . WHY WASN'T ONE SLIP ENOUGH!? Please tell me why I had to go and have another one too!?

I felt soooo bad about it . I know everyone is going to say...suck it up and start over tomorrow. But what about next time? I am not kidding myself by saying there won't be a next time. [img]graemlins/ugh.gif[/img]

Any advice? Anyone else been here?

Thanks.
    Sarah
    SD Sept.26/03<br />SW 226<br />CW 221.5 -4.5 !!<br />GW 135<br />Onederland by Dec.25/03?<br /><br />"Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?"<br /><br />"Feeling healthy and feeling good about yourself is not a luxury - it's an absolute necessity."

Hi Is ok ..you can start over tomorrow! I can make a few suggestions.. slim fast has a great candy bar all flavors and they are 3 points. Maybe you can grab a box to keep on hand for times like PMS also Smart ones have some wonderful desserts like Peanut butter Pie is is 5 Points worth everyone of them I sure hope this helps you and you are ok tomorrow Never Give Up! Gina H [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

Forgot to tell you the most important Dessert is Chocolate Cake and its GREAT and only 3 points! Gina H [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

Smile

Hi Sarah, the best advice I can give is try to find something similar to what you are craving that is lower in pts. And try not to have too many in the house so you don't binge.It's great that you want to plan, that's definitely the BCB way. [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Lizzy
    highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123
    MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!
    Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today!
    Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05
    YIPPEE! 83% towards Gold award

Thanks so much for the suggestions! They were great! Halloween is just around the corner so I need to be better prepared!!

Sarah
    SD Sept.26/03<br />SW 226<br />CW 221.5 -4.5 !!<br />GW 135<br />Onederland by Dec.25/03?<br /><br />"Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?"<br /><br />"Feeling healthy and feeling good about yourself is not a luxury - it's an absolute necessity."

Red face

Sarah,

If you click on the link, it will lead you to a thread where you could get some great ideas regarding STOPPING a binge even BEFORE it happens.

PLEASE READ!

This is another great one NO EXCUSES

[ October 12, 2003, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Giselle*sMom ]
    Sincerely,
    Cat
    HW167 / WW140 / CW125

Ok, In the past I just would have ignored this thread and it took a lot of thought before I did, but in light of the recent
    Disturbing Trend posts I decided it was more important to reply then to be the nice girl.
    Please don't take this personally, but the BCB philosophy is why I joined this board.

I couldn't find the exact link I was looking for but this post sums it up.
    It's from Denise, the board owner.

Please don't take offense, but when you join this group, you "cyber" sign the philosophy by agreeing to it. That's a contract of sorts... the contract means that the party of the first part (you) will strive to be OP 100% of the time...and in return... the party of the second part (us) will offer support and guidance. A very good deal I think......
    While none of us is perfect, we DO NOT tell people that being off program EVER is okay.

We've had these discussions before, and I'm sure we will have them again.... but if anyone thinks it's okay to pat someone on their heads and say "there, there, it's okay to go off program for (fill in the blanks), because you'll get back on (or you got back on)" then those people DO NOT BELONG ON THIS SITE!!! It doesn't make them bad people . It just means they are breaking that "contract" they signed in order to be able to post here.

The BCBs don't want to resemble all those other support sites. We are determined to succeed by being tough and doing what it takes... for us, doing what it takes means we don't coddle or condone being off program. Very simple, and very complicated. I've said this before, but in the good old days of the "original" BCBs, people posting being off program would have been told unequivically to "not let the door hit them in the a** on the way out."

So people, it's up to you.... you want to be a BCB? Then DO NOT TELL US about how you can still lose weight by being off program on the weekends. DO NOT TELL US about YOUR transgressions.. TELL US ABOUT YOUR SUCCESSES!!! Because if you stay OP 24/7/365, YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL. If you choose NOT to follow program, yeah, you might lose weight, but I can guarantee you that you will also gain it all back and probably more, and we'll be reading about how you are back with us again because you once again heard the "click."

Thank you!!

Have a GREAT OP day.. the BCB WAY!
    Denise

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me". Proverbs 8:17

My Personal Web Page
    No excuses, no whining and OP all the way!
    We've all struggled with program that's why we're here. But we need positive, proactive posts about how we overcame the struggles not the gory details of a bad day. It's ok to ask for help. Here's a good quote from the Disturbing Trend post:
    This is Bootcamp and whining is not allowed! We need that basic phrase one learns in the service - NO EXCUSES SIR!! None of us is perfect, although we strive to be totally on program, 24/7/365. If you slip up, come here and say, "i'm struggling, but here is my plan to get through it - do the rest of you have any suggestions that might help me?" Don't come and say, "I ate two hamburgers, a large order of fries and half an apple pie. I know I was bad, but I couldn't help myself!"
    I'm not implying that I am perfect. I have struggled with binge eating as well. But I made a plan to get rid of the trigger foods and have another activity to do when I feel it coming on. I make the choices everyday to reach my goals. I can use the ideas of others, but I still need to make the choices. I don't want to be the meanie, but I feel very strongly about this and I hope others on this forum feel the same. If not, then I'll gladly find a different forum.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

Arrow

Thank you, Joanne, for being responsible to your fellow BCB Buddies and posting what needed to be said.

Posts like this hurt the people who are doing the HARD WORK to: resist cravings, find an alternative, and STAY OP! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

(And I mean it when I say "hurt".)

So, Sarah...Just do it. Stay OP 24/7/365. No one said it would be easy every day. You need to "require more of yourself". Another Dr. Phil: "Winners do what losers don't want to do." And, " You don't have to WANT to do it; you just have to DO it." [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

FirstCavWife Guest

I have to chime in on these posts.
    I think the biggest concern is that there seems to be a certain lack of responsibility for the mouth’s actions (PMS made me do it). I have the Holy Raging PMS From Hades too….PMDD to be exact, but what goes in my mouth is still my responsibility.
    Furthermore, I noticed that in one of your introductory posts you said ‘you hoped that you’d have a good week’ …..or words to that effect. IMO, you HOPE for things that you have no control over as in “I hope it doesn’t rain on the day that we are going to the lake.” Or “I hope my husband doesn’t go bald when we get older.” As opposed to things that we DO have control over. You don’t get up in the morning and say to yourself “I hope I don’t shoplift today” or “I hope I don’t cheat on my husband today.” These are actions that one consciously or unconsciously controls (unless you have a mental illness that causes you to have no control over your actions) so one doesn’t HOPE that they won’t do them….they just don’t do them. I hope I’m making sense here.
    I hope you don’t think that we are being harsh or mean or ganging up on you. We want you to succeed…but the only way you are going to succeed is to DO IT AND DO IT RIGHT!!! This site is a place for people who are TOTALLY serious about staying OP ALL OF THE TIME!!! They don’t HOPE to stay OP….they just DO IT!
    Look at it this way, if you were hurting yourself with alcohol instead of food, we would be the ones that would take the drink out of your hand and drag you out of the bar. As opposed to the other websites where they would tell you that one little drink was going to hurt you and that if _______ wouldn’t have upset you then you wouldn’t have gone into the bar to begin with.
    You decide which sort you want to be your friends!
    Get a plan…and if that means throwing away (and I mean in the garbage can at the curb!!!) the foods that you know you can’t control yourself around, then throw them away. It took me a long time to have bacon in my house once I was OP….I knew that it was a Red Light food for me, so I didn’t have it in my house (just like an alcoholic shouldn’t go into a bar if they know they are not strong enough). One day you will be stronger around chocolate…your successes will empower you over it!!! But until then, throw the stuff away. This is a hard concept for my DH and me…wasting food/wasting money. BUT, remaining OP is more important to me. I came to this website a size 14 in January and I am now a size 4…and that fact has given me power over bacon. (that’s a huge victory for me!)
    Anyway, think long and hard about what you want from this website. If it’s support for your OPness, you will get more than you ever bargained for, but if it’s sympathy for OffPness…well, you will only find [img]graemlins/bcbkick.gif[/img] here.
    We want you to stay…and we want you to stay OP, but both are up to you.
    Hugs,
    -Dawn

Replies

First I have to say thank you to those from the other boards who have stepped in and gave such a wonderful [img]graemlins/bcbkick.gif[/img] ......not only to Sarah, but I know that I need it as well.

I have kept within my points recently, but my choices have not been the greatest and my exercise routine has been suffering as well........this was a post that I really needed to see to get my @$$ back into gear.

Jen
    Lifetime 6-22-03
    Heaviest 197.4
    Restart 190/C-176.0 /WWG-159

A do-over moment! 1-1-07 -14.0
    The only shame in slipping is not getting back up!

http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/653463.png

Hi Sarah you can start over immediately however I find that if I don't have the stuff around it may help. I also think that if I do eat it I count the points in that get rid of the guilt. Guilt in my opinion is one of the most useless emotiions.
    "Never Underestimate the Power of the Human Spirit"

Wink

I had this same advice the other day for a girlfriend who did the same thing:

Don't cry over it. It's done. Just flex it, get back on plan and keep going.

Oh lordy do I miss Mr. Big bars. Next time you're tempted, put it in a box and mail it to a random Canadian living in the US
    256/171/165
    (This includes gaining and losing 50 extra pounds while pregnant.)
    Stalled and frustrated!

13. Post

Gosh this thread has me torn. Ive got to be honest here and not worry about flames. Sarah.. please read all the way through.

Part of the reason Im here is because BCB as a total is so strong in its philospy. The 100% 24/7 is the strengh I need. Its the strengh we all need to remain op 24/7 and thats what circles around and makes the philospy strive.

However, As we all know, Weightloss is very difficult. Especially when we are in a space where hormones are raging. Something (a gift if you will BLECH) us women have that men dont [img]smile.gif[/img] . Its not an acceptable excuse but it is a very real reality we deal with.

Ok, so Sarah blamed PMS, she was not taking responsiblity. Yes, she is responsible for what shes done. I think a gentle reminder would have sufficed however. I saw some of that here but what I also saw was finger pointing and reminding her how shes breaking the rules. Getting a needed kick in the rump can still be done in buddy love. A couple of the posts did not offer any support nor help or suggestions, Just philospy quoting and finger wagging. This doesnt help sarah.

SO sarah, You screwed up. One bar would have been salvagable but 2 was out of control. You will have to take your flex points and remain extremely diligent the rest of the week. You can STILL come out of this week OP. Next time you feel the need to eat a candy bar, Make up your mind to find an alternative OR just prepare to use your flex points. Going Off Program isnt an option and thats something you have to make up your mind about.

There is no doubt in my mind you can do this but you have to make the choice. Whining really doesnt help. Trust me I know [img]smile.gif[/img] Gleen strengh from knowing your plan of action for NEXT time!

*BIG supportive hugs buddy* from another PMS'er.

Tiff

[ October 13, 2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Aphreal ]

Hey Sarah - My gut reaction when I read your post was Chocolate Bran muffins - one point each They are extremely chocolatey and can curb the craving - I promise! I keep them close everyday, very close during PMS!lol. The recipe is in the bread section here on BCB.

Next I thought, good for you in coming to us and fessin' up! Asking for advise, help and support.

Now, have a plan, bake some muffins and move on. I really liked WWCarols saying of "You don't have to want to do, you just have to do it". That really sums it up.

My last comment, is to read through the above posts and take out what helps you and toss the rest out the window. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE. Not everyone has had the guts to come here and confess as you have. This is boot camp - there are no excuses. But boot camp is a group of folks who go through something hard together and help each other through it. Don't you dare leave or give up because some of the above comments may have hurt. You just take what you need to hear to help you continue your weight loss journey.

((HUGS))
    Gina
    Gina
    5/7
    SW 175 07/02
    Goal 150 09/2003
    Now 155

www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

Angry

I am shocked by the responses I have received. I know this is boot camp and we are all here to stay OP 100%. But no one is perfect and if I have a bad day, I thought that this would be the perfect place to get the support and advice I needed to feel better about my mistake!!!! I am disappointed and quite frankly hurt. I am relatively new here. New to the program too...being new I am going to make more mistakes than usual until I get familiar with my body, my strengths and my WEAKNESSES! Maybe I was putting the blame on something other than my willpower. So what, I was reaching out for advice and help and got slapped.

I'm not sure I will be returned to this board.

Sarah

Replies

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry you are upset, but really, if you look at them all, what you have received has been very helpful information. As was mentioned, you can take what helps you the most and disregard the rest, but if you want to know why BCBers are successful, it is an attitude of doing it 24/7/365 and if/when we mess up (and most of us do, believe me!), then we kick ourselves in the tush and get back on track immediately - no whining, no excuses.

I understand your need for help and Sarah, I believe you got help, maybe in a way that you weren't expecting, but it was help nonetheless. I hope you can see the caring and tools for your success that you were given - all for your good.

You said:
    WHY WASN'T ONE SLIP ENOUGH!? Please tell me why I had to go and have another one too!
    The bottom line is, no one can tell you why one slip wasn't enough for you, only you can. And to make sure you don't do that again, you should ask yourself why one wasn't enough and then ask yourself what you want from this weight loss journey and how far you are willing to go to get it.

If you want coddling when you go offplan, there are places that will do that for you, but BCB isn't it. If you want constructive, no-nonsense, real-life help to get back on target, you got that here and that's what we're here for.

Please take the time and consider the effort and caring that went into each of these responses. If no one cared, no one would have responded. Sarah, YOU are worth the effort it takes to stay OP and succeed. But only you can make it happen.

I hope you stick around and continue this journey with us to reach your goal.

[ October 13, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Momma25 ]
    (Momma25) Momma to five
    http://www.realfoodliving.com
    In remission from Acute Leukemia
    Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!
    218/in-between/125

Replies

In regard to your PMS binges, I found that I was having them too. It was not that I actually craved anything (even though I do crave bread during that time), it was more result of emotional eating. Little things set me off then instead of being a witch I would turn to eating. I talked to my doctor about my really bad PMS behaviors and he advised me to take Vitamin B6 200 mg. He said that if it does not help to stop taking it. However, I have found that it helps tremendously. I am much more calm during PMS week (my dh may not think so though :eek: ) and as a result I am not so tempted to binge on food on an emotional level.

It's weird but when I consistently take the B6 I am totally OP. When I don't take it I am on and off program.

Maybe this is something that can help you. Check with your doctor.

Marianne

Alliruetwo Guest

Okay, I have to jump in here. I have read, and re-read ALL the posts relating to the original one here on this board.

One of the things about this site that I CRAVE is the honesty of my buddies. I do realize, finally after over 25 years of being fat, that I am the reason I am fat. PMS didn't cause it, beging pregnant didn't cause it, and my family certainly didn't cause it. Excuses as to WHY we over eat, or eat OFF program are just that excuses. The ONLY harm oursleves. When we share them with our buddies, here, we then harm our buddies.

Sarah, I sent you a PM please read it if you are still around. To the rest of my buddies here on BCB - THANK YOU for being hard on me, and helping me to hold myself to a higher standard [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

I think this quote by Joanne sums up the mentality of this board...she is responding to my cry for help...aka whining.

Ok, In the past I just would have ignored this thread and it took a lot of thought before I did, but in light of the recent
    Disturbing Trend posts I decided it was more important to reply then to be the nice girl.

She decided it was more important to reply then to be the nice girl. Well, I felt the lack of nice in her response. Why can't people be nice? Why is that so hard?

Replies
    Blog Entries

Excuse me for stepping in (I still have a year or two before I get to join this terrific club!)...

But Joanne was being NICE to you. She might have even had a hand in saving your life because excess fat can kill. She was doing what is expected of a GOOD buddy and hey, maybe, you don't like that, but it is NOT cool to single her out as being malicious (as I read it).
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Originally posted by SJK1966:

She decided it was more important to reply then to be the nice girl. Well, I felt the lack of nice in her response. Why can't people be nice? Why is that so hard?
    What exactly is it going to get you by getting a reply from "the nice girl"?

If you want someone to tell you "there there, it's okay, everyone slips and there's nothing wrong with it" then I know the perfect site for you - it's called weightwatchers.com

As has been pointed out on this board before, bootcamp is weight watchers, but weight watchers is not bootcamp. We don't coddle, we dont' tell you what you want to hear just so you will feel better, and we don't tell you that it's okay to go off plan - ever. For any reason.

If you can't handle that, then no, you dont' belong here Quite frankly, most people don't. You'll find the majority of them at your weight watchers meetings.

But if you have the guts to stick it out and do what needs to be done 24 hours a day, 365 days a week, then you won't find a better support group with more amazing stats.

The choice is really up to you.
    181.2/123/125

Replies

Listen, SJK1966, I think you've said you peace.

Now you need to decide to stay at BCB, take what advice and help you've gotten, and go on with your weight loss journey.

Or the other option is to move on to another place where you think people are nicer.

I don't think we need to continue on in this light, and especially to insult other members.

Please make your decision, and then we can move on.
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

What am I going to get from a nice girl? Kind words, understanding, respect, dignity, friendship, strength, love, need I say more...you can be tough, but you can also be kind too...

Sarah

Got that loud and clear...

Bye.