I have been fortunate enuf to have been over 350 pounds. As a result of being that BIG/FAT, it took me sometime to get to my desired goal. Gave me a lot of time to "learn what I NEEDED to learn"!
One of my favorite sayings is

"SOME PEOPLE NEED A "BRICK", I NEED A WHOLE BUILDING! TO FALL ON ME BEFORE I GET THE MESSAGE!

Well apparently the "lesson" wasn't learned, and after losing almost 200 pounds, a steroid treatment precribed for the MS caused an awful, life altering change in my "body" AND NOW I HAD TO RE-LOSE 100 POUNDS.

Yes, I was angry, "I WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT GAIN!
Was I sad, You betcha...I HAD WORKED SO HARD THE FIRST TIME AROUND, AND NOW TO HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN!
Okay, here's the point (you know how I go on & on ...)

There were PLENTY of people who "felt sorry" for me, was "angry" FOR ME, Tried to "make me FEEL BETTER, make "things ALL BETTER" , WHATEVER THE REASON,.....THERE WAS PLENTY OF REASONS TO EAT, THERE WERE PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO SAW THAT AS A SOLUTION, I HAD THIER UNDERSTANDING, PERMISSION & FRUSTRATION! TO JUSTIFY EATING WHATEVER I WANTED, WHENEVER I WANTED!

WHY DIDN'T I?...WHAT MADE ME NOT "USE THOSE REASONS"?

VERY EASY ANSWER. I'M A FAT PERSON, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE FOOD IN A "HEALTHY" WAY. I DON'T KNOW WHEN TO STOP!

I'm now a size 8, have been for well over a year, THE PERMISSION to eat NOT ONLY comes from others ("your so thin, you CAN EAT THAT ONE LITTLE THING")BUT IT A VOICE I HEAR FROM MYSELF AS WELL!

It's at those times, I have to "take stock", I have to FACE THE HARD TRUTH Yes, maybe IF I were someone else, I could EAT "THAT ONE LITTLE THING!", But I'M ME, I'M THE ONE THAT CAN'T BE TRUSTED WITH FOOD. I'M THE ONE WITHOUT AN "OFF BUTTON"!

Do I like that FACT? Absolutely NOT...Am I sure of it, do I need to "test it", (oh maybe I CAN eat like "other people" NOW)
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And DEAR HEARTS, those "other people"
I might fool myself into wanting to eat like... Take a look around you....MOST OF THOSE OTHER PEOPLE ARE NOT REALLY THE BEST ROLE MODELS TO ASPIRE TOWARDS.

VERT, VERY few people, unless they are following some type of "HEALTHY" eating program, HAVE DEPLORABLE EATING CHOICES. Some folks are "lucky(?)" and CAN eat without discipline....

BUT THE SAD TRUTH IS MOST CAN'T! AND IT'S USUALLY THE PEOPLE WHO CANNOT, THAT ARE ALL TO WILLING TO GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO EAT THAT, "oh it's just one little thing" or," this time won't kill you"! I've pretty much "heard them ALL"

What stops me? ME! Know why?, Because I'm the one who will "NOT NE ABLE TO SAY "NO" after the next mouthful!

For myself, I must, on a daily basis,renew my resolve and recall WHY, I choose, "ONE DAY AT A TIME" to NOT give myself permission, or seek permission from anyone else to forgo my discipline.

ADDED AS A POST SCRIPT

One of the "traps" that I as a FAT person fell into, was to forget I have an illness (I am Broken)...Just the way I would not think less of someone who needs insulin. I MUST REMEMBER TO NOT NOT THINK LESS OF MYSELF BECAUSE I NEED AN "EATING PROGRAM"

It is easy to absorb the prejudices of others and the euphorisms about FAT people.
We must "safeguard" ourselves against "believing" any of it!
AND DO ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING WE CAN TO TREAT OURSELVES AS THE SPECIAL, LOVING CREATURES WE ARE! if you can treat yourself half as well as you would treat someone else you cared about, YOU WOULD FIND YOURSELF BEING A LOT NICER TO YOURSELF![] thank you for....

THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO "PUT THIS OUT".. YOU ARE ALL "CLOSE TO ME EVERYDAY" AND HONESTLY WITHOUT EACH & EVERY ONE OF YOU, MY DAYS WOULD BE A LOT MORE DIFFICULT
MURRIKAT