DEAR HEARTS ,
It appears that we are getting a reputation for "lacking compassion" with some of our goodBUDDIES.
I equate having "compassion" with having "respect" and as BOTH of these are qualities I strive for on a daily basis, I would like to share how that "RESPECT" or "COMPASSION" expresses itself FOR ME.

For myself, to recognize or invite ANY LESS than a persons "BEST", or "HIGHEST POTENTIAL" IS AN INSULT.

when I allow myself to excuse something or some "less than" behavior" BECAUSE A person is HUMAN, I AM, IN EFFECT SAYING,
"Being HUMAN allows us to forfeit our free-will, to not have enough will power to say NO, to NOT have to invest in our own well being"

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT, I BELIEVE THAT BEING HUMAN GIVES US "FREE-WILL", IT ALLOWS US TO CHOOSE WHAT IS IN OUR BEST INTEREST. IT DOESN'T ALLOW FOR JUSTIFICATION OF NOT BEING ABLE TO SAY "NO"...

I think what I'm saying, and getting "balled up in words" is... when someone says, it's okay to have "slips", or give in to "temptation" BECAUSE WE ARE "HUMAN"

I "hear" that being HUMAN,GIVES US PERMISSIONs to be CAPABLE OF LESS, to NOT BE STRONG ENOUGH TO RESIST TEMPTATION !

I'm sorry, I just DON"T SEE THAT AS A "COMPLIMENT" I just don't see how it is being KIND to another person to say, YES, IT'S OKAY FOR YOU TO BE LESS THAN, OR INCAPABLE... AFTER ALL, YOU'RE ONLY HUMAN!"

[B]NO!, NO...I CAN'T...FOR ME, I WANT PEOPLE TO STRIVE FOR THE BEST THEY CAN BE, I WANT THEM TO REACH THEIR HIGHEST POTENTIAL... AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I WANT THEM TO FEEL THE BEST THEY CAN ABOUT THEMSELVES, AND THEIR SUCCESSES IN THEIR LIVES

Maybe that's WHY God choose me to be a "teacher", BECAUSE, I WON'T SETTLE FOR LESS, FROM MYSELF, OR ANYONE ELSE I WON'T ALLOW A PERSON TO USE THEIR "HUMANITY" AS AN EXCUSE TO BE LESS CAPABLE, OR TO JUSTIFY NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILTY TO WORK AT THEIR BEST.

To be an effective teacher, I had to learn that each persons capabilities were different, some being more capable than others...BUT MY JOB WAS TO HELP EACH PERSON RECOGNIZE THEIR [/I]OWN[/I] POTENTIAL AND TO ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN REACHING THEIR OWN UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL GOAL !

I WANT MY LIFE AND MY APPROACH TO STRIVING FOR MY "HIGHEST GOOD" TO BE AN EXAMPLE TO OTHERS... WHAT KIND OF EXAMPLE WOULD I BE IF I ALLOWED MYSELF TO EXPECT LESS OF ME THAN MY BEST.

WHAT KIND OF A ROLE MODEL ARE YOU SETTING FOR THOSE AROUND YOU BY YOUR BEHAVIOR?
Are YOU saying to others (with your behavior)"it's okay, to NOT work toward something YOU truly, deeply want, it's okay, after all, you're ONLY HUMAN!"

For me, to have "compassion" for anothers "HUMANITY" is to help them WORK TOWARDS THEIR "HIGHEST GOOD" help them see that their "HUMANITY" is what gives them the STRENGTH to resist temptation.

It's our HUMANITY that rises us ABOVE the animal kingdom, keeps us from "running in front of moving cars" MAKES US CAPABLE OF KNOWING WHAT'S BEST FOR OUR WELL BEING AND MOST IMPORTANT, GIVES US THE FREE WILL TO CHOOSE IT

SO, YOU'LL FORGIVE ME, PLEASE if I WON'T accept LESS from YOU, I WON'T ACCEPT LESS FROM MYSELF. I CARE ENOUGH ABOUT YOU, AND FOR YOU, TO WANT YOU TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT FEELING OF HAPPINESS, AND TO KNOW THAT "PART OF YOURSELF" THAT ACCEPTS THE FACT & THE STRENGTH THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT HAPPINESS

I AM ALL TOO WILLING TO HELP YOU GET TO THAT "PLACE" WITHIN YOURSELF... PART OF STAYING ON PROGRAM IS ABOUT GETTING TO THAT PLACE IN YOURSELF, THE PLACE WHERE YOU REALIZE HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO BE SUCCESSFUL The way MANY of us felt after successfully getting thru Thanksgiving day without going over points. That feeling came from YOU, you GAVE THAT FEELING TO YOURSELF, BY CHOOSING TO BE THE "BEST YOU CAN BE" THAT DAY. YOU resisted the temptation, YOU took control. YOU USED YOUR FREE WILL, YOUR "HUMAN" FREE-WILL, TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN WELL BEING"

Can you do it EVERYDAY, YES, YOU CAN, IF YOU CHANGE YOU MEANING OF BEING "HUMAN", IF YOU SEE IT AS A STRENGTH, A COMPLIMENT, A TESTIMENT TO YOUR ABILITY, NOT YOUR WEAKNESS!

So again, forgive me, if I'm abrupt when you excuse yourself for being "human", or correct your "definition" of "human"...

And excuse me if I'm "harsh" & "unrelenting",
I WILL NOT SHOW ANY DISRESPECT TO YOU BY DOING LESS.

THANK YOU FOR "LISTENING"
MURRIKAT